LEGOeatPokemon's SDS Hero build

LEGOeatPokemon

2 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

you may be able to bring the cod/ab upwards a little which will give you more room at the top of the thighs.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. I believe the straps for the chest/posterior and kidney/back may need a bit of tweaking.

More photos!

I shortened the back to kidney straps and it looks better to me

This is also the most the shins could come down, the shoes I got with the armor ARE a bit big. I will have to use thick socks later.

niczvjQ.jpg

X6mNmJr.jpg

I also tried to drag the thighs down some cm:

GjmgfWx.jpg

h5P8pKk.jpg

I know they are a bit uneven in these photos but try to go after the right one with the ammo pack. I pulled them evenly later.

Also something I have realized is that my neck area may be to big, the shoulder straps are too far from the chest

ikQbxH2.jpg

I took a look at some references and all of them are more closed up i.e:

EftqxtS.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

Also something I have realized is that my neck area may be to big, the shoulder straps are too far from the chest

Almost ther Jonas.

I agree that you can adjust the shoulder straps and this can hel to level up the but section.  here a couple of reference photos that I think may help.

Cheers

eTwTYVZTEE2etMa7gxH8-ezXhKYug5SYI63Z7Mc3

rn4RV2hkspPpLHuaw7Dnfm_p80KhP-YNU3h5bp9-X7kEy-FM8P7b2c8QmeR3qj3J0QKzqwxjx6A50ZLth-eDvtMTad0tA44EDtc_377ZUI8zDZajJeHHmg1QniZaI2_uFML6rMqNS4Amhi2tqUSlCwq-kar5Sru6MsvF5SWyR-WUNwCdYeij2mCWyckhhBDZj4qVwEb5E69ym_hAYbtWO8EZqTszhH2715Lr0gVVgE3w_tRqpCl7iKdU5QkEZryFKQzzEG2Aic0-22eVNqTN4u4f_5uwu7KVJGNxLlBy5Z3qhdL2sQlWdrSz0dGlUdnr77-ZgQrdthWRwr6mmAm7AcDEAvKhzN7RC39VcojIrQAHRMhIA2_pCSP1QCO-aIUjkirW5iL7UGwiSHcFy-nOwCeHfRtp3UrPgCt1Hqsyo03hefaortZOQfCph61H6A1a1h2YTz4ZMXSamDJEdWm0ImYYUdFkZSnuN3jYn9liwZRR_3tSzro-bNiVvUgF48FfsJ5paKSqH_011_AkMbDTSfIVXNDPkNCU7L-1rsnSq1rzL3pL4pdmu1XhzKZdUVObkOkNXTbpGm6By7yfSbd1BV12IqZEOW-4IEZCHzse-CWCtrI4wNcycrCVQ48vBQPdoZKHy1jBODakjn-Jd4BYuZno844lXMyx_hR_6awd4qA-ZmvNEZW41z8=w1134-h642-no

• Like 1

Holy cow! You’ve come a long way. I don’t check back for a couple weeks and you’re almost done. Everything looks amazing. 

You’re doing a great job of following everyone’s advice, and taking it nice and slow. Many people don’t do that.

Keep up the good work.

Ive started on V2 of my interior helmet costume bits. Hopefully will be done soon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Helotech said:

Holy cow! You’ve come a long way. I don’t check back for a couple weeks and you’re almost done. Everything looks amazing. 

You’re doing a great job of following everyone’s advice, and taking it nice and slow. Many people don’t do that.

Keep up the good work.

Ive started on V2 of my interior helmet costume bits. Hopefully will be done soon.

Hopefully I will be done by around easter, thank you for all your support! Hope you're doing well!

6 hours ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

Hopefully I will be done by around easter, thank you for all your support! Hope you're doing well!

Looking forward seeing it! As it happens I will be the one doing the approval as the new GML in our Garrison:duim:

• Like 2

Hi Jonas,  I think the overall fit is coming along very well.

Perhaps you could shorten the elastic on the outer most straps from kidney to but plate  just to keep them in check a touch more.

This may change once you are also wearing the belt, so it would be great to see you with that on as well to get a complete idea of how everything will align.

Great clean build so far, keep up the good work.

Looking good, I noticed just the side of the butt plate was flaring out a little, I came up with some tabs than can help, just add one to both ends

SrvPSl3.jpg

• Like 1

Butt problem fixed...?

I tried to make some plastic tabs like @gmrhodes13 mentioned, but they didn't come out any good.

So I used a car heater to bend the butt a little and shortened the elastics by around half.

:unsure: It can't get much better than this:

W2fY3wY.jpg

With belt:

tYlPsB9.jpg

• Like 2

So, thinking about adjusting my sds holster to centurion.

I might need a bit of help on this as I don't really know how high up the screws should be or how long the straps should be.

wO6aQB6.jpg

I've got tan leather and chicago screws already

1hdX5w5.jpg

I know that I first need to remove the looping straps but the rest I need help with.

(PS. I haven't really gotten a proper response on how my butt strapping looks like, please inform me if it's something else I should do or if it's fine?)

Hi, i think the following pic could help.

F0kuPfmeRFSI21g3nbRUo0rROYso5AUowxsMN4QX

cheers

Ps. About your butt strapping, can you post some photos from the side ? It looks better but the more info we have , the more we can help.

cheers

Great !! I think you're in the right path mate. The butt conecctions looks good .

Another detail is about the Belt ,if you want to have a more screen accurate look, you may consider that  for level 3, the crl  states

"The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels."

image.png.d99e44566e82636c3493c2b1b42e85bd.png

Cheers 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

Are these screws okay for the TD?

I think they are 6 mm

Those are the correct type, sir.

• Like 2

So, going slow right now...

The holster should be complete were it not for me missing ONE pair of chicago screws!!!:6:

Anyway, I've ordered some more as it's almost impossible to find them in sweden.

Also, I'm planning on doing my own TD clips, hows the best way to do that? How long should they be? Where should they be bent?

Thank you all. :)