LEGOeatPokemon's SDS Hero build

LEGOeatPokemon

On 12/22/2019 at 11:18 PM, LEGOeatPokemon said:

Good thing I use imgur!:)

Best solution (if you got it due to other stuff already) is using own server. Much easier to pack the stuff and move it to a different hoster if the hoster fails or gets too expensive. (thats why all my images here are loaded from nplusc.de)

Edited by masterx244
  • Like 1

@Helotech Hi Dave, thank you for the kind words!:salute:

I haven't gotten it yet, sometimes customs takes a long amount of time just sending the letter where it says it has arrived at the airport in stockholm.

Do you have a package number? If so can you pm me it, that way I can pay the the customs bill faster.

So, I'm back, how was everybodys christmas? Mine was a bit sickly...  Fortunatly mostly just irritating.

Anyway, today I took another shot at the gloves, I sanded them a bit more and and put on some hand sanitizer on it all.

The guards became a little sticky at the bottoms so I hope they will glue better.

If this doesn't do anything I will just buy new ones from Joseph.

RNNi88t.jpg

Here is how the straps for the arms came out:

EPlJPlB.jpg

DnE3pSh.jpg

Do they look good?

I also finally put on the elastic straps for the shoulders:

mADWMkK.jpg

EzOJ4mu.jpg

Next I'm planning on putting on the bell straps, which should I start with? Bell to bicep? Bell to shoulder?

Now, something else, does these look right? Are they not cut a bit too much? Shouldn't they be straighter?

mbIEup1.jpg

• Like 1

The one shown on the left should be good, depending on how much space there is between the edges of the bells and the chest/back plates.  The one on the right looks to be over-trimmed a bit, but may be salvageable.  Can you post a pic showing side/bottom views?

Un14TFH.jpg  dp3q2Pj.jpg

Yeah, it looks like it got over-trimmed, but not to worry.  The arc on the bottom is different and should be opened up to match the other one, but that is easily solved with a hot-water bath.  You have the one shown in the second photo as the left side, correct?  (The "swoop" should face forward).

1L9t8bT.jpg       fib07Lj.jpg

I would wait until you have the rest of the upper armor complete before tackling those, Jonas.  That way, you can see how they are going to fit with your chest/back/biceps done and in place.  When it's time to fit them, just use tape to make sure they are going to be good to go.  (They should be).

• Like 1

Well I did a test fitting with the bells taped to the shoulders and biceps and this is how it came out:

Right side:

XfRwkw9.jpg

It looks good on the front...

jPPL2am.jpg

2AJ77nv.jpg

But not on the back... :(

Left side, not so different:

3njxqVa.jpg

h63BN5U.jpg

Sorry if it is hard to see, it was a bit hard to bend my arms around.

By the way, how high up should the biceps be?

I also took a look how the gloves were doing...

Cj26Jop.jpg

I give up on these ones, they won't stick :glare:,  you will be expecting a pm from me soon @justjoseph63  for one of your hand guards.

The tops of the shoulder bells should be barely touching the outer edge of the shoulder bridge/strap but should not overlap it.

p8OZFcm.jpg     lbfFArU.jpg?1  TGKCcPM.jpg?1  xliWw92.jpg?2

Once you bring down the shoulder bells they should cover more of the bicep, as it looks like you have quite a bit of it showing.  I realize this is a test-fitting, but the cover strip should face the front.  You may also want to raise them a bit, as it looks like the return edge at the bottom will cut into you when you bend your arm. (Green arrow).

ifY5paN.jpg        D2ZviYM.jpg?1  NHXWQIs.jpg?1

• Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 12:55 PM, LEGOeatPokemon said:

@Helotech Hi Dave, thank you for the kind words!:salute:

I haven't gotten it yet, sometimes customs takes a long amount of time just sending the letter where it says it has arrived at the airport in stockholm.

Do you have a package number? If so can you pm me it, that way I can pay the the customs bill faster.

Hey. I have the bill at my house. Dealing with some health issues with my parents. I'll let you know ASAP. By the way, your bells fit better than mine for some reason. They are the only thing holding me back from centurion.

3 hours ago, Helotech said:

Hey. I have the bill at my house. Dealing with some health issues with my parents. I'll let you know ASAP. By the way, your bells fit better than mine for some reason. They are the only thing holding me back from centurion.

I'm sorry to hear about this, hope everyone gets better soon. I may have smaller shoulders than you, but I still wonder if the bells will hold me back too.

2 hours ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

I may have smaller shoulders than you, but I still wonder if the bells will hold me back too.

Smaller shoulders are actually an advantage, Jonas.  Those with large shoulders often have trouble getting the bells to sit close to the chest/back.  The front looks to be in good shape (could actually ride out a bit more) so you should be just fine.  Before gluing the strapping onto your bells, you should post up a pic of the front/back views showing the spacing.

hs80Xnc.jpg?1

• Like 1

So, a mini update:

I haven't worked much on the armor recently as I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment and needed a little break.

I will probably come back when I get one of my packages. I feel like there is not much left! (I think) :)

3 hours ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

So, a mini update:

I haven't worked much on the armor recently as I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment and needed a little break.

I will probably come back when I get one of my packages. I feel like there is not much left! (I think) :)

Sometimes it's best to take a breather, Jonas.  Take your time and we will be here for you when you are ready to dive back in!

So, my package from Dave arrived today!

In it was some items he had over from his own build; leather strips for the holster, aluminum strips for the TD etc. THANK YOU DAVE! :jc_doublethumbup:

Nz6vFHR.jpg

But it also included something unexpected...

I5jmqh8.jpg

A suprise to be sure, but a welcome one!

8EH9roc.jpg

yvHZdHM.jpg

Maybe a start to a new collection?

Once again, I would like to thank Dave/ @Helotech for everything.

His build inspired me to fix mine up and he has given me a lot of info on how he did it.

And sending a package with leftovers all the way from Canada? Above and beyond! :salute:

When I maybe get a coin for myself from here, I will be sure to send him one too!

I would also like to thank @gmrhodes13, @justjoseph63, @TKSpartan and everybody else for getting me this far! This is truly a blessed forum!:engel:

That's it for now, move along!:trooper:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

That's it for now, move along!:trooper:

You're welcome Jonas, we are here to help. and by the way what amazing coin mate , cool!!  

:jc_doublethumbup:

Edited by TKSpartan
  • Like 1

@justjoseph63 asked earlier about pics before I glue on the shoulder straps front and back.

Now I got help, and was able to get some photos:

pFQpbiz.jpg

P07K1vT.jpg

Re1j4xz.jpg

IYvfeu1.jpg

4IGSyvH.jpg

These pics are better than the last ones.

Fantastic job on the shoulder placement, Jonas!  Removing the return edges on the bottoms of the shoulder bells would reduce the gap between the bells/back plate a bit.  The cover strip alignment on the biceps/forearms could not be better,  Textbook work, sir!

H32PCEj.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Jonas.

Phew!!! Glad the package arrived safe and sound. Hope the stuff I sent is good enough to update the holster and the TD.

Both are fairly easy to do, but if you need help don't hesitate to ask.

Awesome build progression!  You are doing a fantastic job.

There is no harm in pausing on the build now and then to relax and refocus.

You've inspired me to get back into my armour mods. I have been holding off fixing my bells so that I can get approved for Centurion. They are the ONLY things that are holding me back as they are very tricky to make cover the openings back and front. I'm dreading the fact that they may not entirely cover the opening as per the CRL, and then I will have to source new pieces.

I'm not sure why SDS (or other companies I've read about) make the bells so small.

Anyways. I'm glad you like the coin. It shows all the Garrisons of Canada and was passed to me by a fantastic guy I troop with.

• Like 1