Video - Star Wars Helmets.com Original ESB Helmet

As promised I've pulled this together over the last few days. The footage dates back to just a few minutes I grabbed about 3-4 years ago - so I've had to pad it out a bit to make more of a "review" of it.

I've stuck it on Youtube and its in two different resolutions, the upper one is not bad.

Let me know what you think. I've tried to make it as accessible as I can - ie assume the watcher has a bear min of info upfront (e.g. Stunt and Hero etc.)

Cheers

Jez

Thanks for the comments guys.

The next one will be an original TIE which should be done in a couple of weeks.

Apart from the editing, most of the time is writing the text to synch in with the video - hard in the case of the ESB helmet as I only had a couple of mins footage. Ive more for the TIE

Cheers

Jez

Very well put together. You know it's one thing to read along on your site, but having a video clip is a more immersive experience. Even my wife liked looking at it (and that says a lot).

Educational and also compelling to watch. :salute:

Very cool video Jez! Thank you really for sharing with us :)

Just a suggestion from my side is to compare it side by side with a TE or another very accurate helmet. I like to see if there are noticable differences in the sizes! Is the ESB bigger and the fan made one shrunken due to casting processes? I think so but never saw a proof!

cheers

Marcus

If you haven't already done so, it'd be great to put a link to your vids on the StarWarsHelmets site.

Man, every time I see that Star Wars placard stuck on the back of that bucket, it makes me cringe. :(

Excellent vid, Jez... I especially like how you mixed the narrative with the bckground music and synchronised your comments with the on-screen images (like the comments on the decals and hovi-mix aerators for example)

Very, very professional work mate... I think you have missed your true calling as a TV editor / producer! ;)

Cheers,

John

• 2 weeks later...