nathan cuthbertson requesting eib status tk36777 (Locked due to inactivity)

NATHAN CUTHBERTSON  TK ID #36777 CUTHBJA CAROLINA GARRISON 
armor and helmet is Walts Trooper Factory

blaster is a star wars rebels blaster conversion

dlt 19 is a scratchbuilt prop from happy trooper template

pauldron has added 7th fleet patch from Rebels.  

received_488264155361938.jpeg

Edited by cuthbja
added photo

Use a free online photo image host like Imgur, upload your photos there then add the links to the separate images into your post.

You may also want to check out a few of the other applications as you are missing a little bit of information. 

Nice work a couple of things you could address before one of the DO's gets here.

You have your pauldron on the wrong side in a lot of your images, there is nothing in the CRL in regards to the pauldron emblem, you may need to supply some reference material with you matching that particular trooper, here's one I have handy ;) 

CpKLcfb.jpg

Animated style pauldrons are also a little different that the ANH style and are really should not be puffy, although it may be ok for EI it won't pas centurion. 
C924IuH.png

Pauldrons are a lot larger too and almost cover the entire chest
te8f5Dz.jpg

Appears your ab button/plates may need to come down more as some of them and top detail can't be seen. Also shoulder bells should come up more and inwards at the top, if you compare with image below they sit higher than the shoulder straps

received_488264155361938.jpegorNx2Qo.png

Your shins aren't close at the back

• Greaves close in the back across the seam that lines up with the thigh seam via velcro or snaps.
  • Greaves may utilize a white cover strip over the rear seam.

e6e32df1ec3b550612247e52e4d74cef.jpg

Shins are at a different height. 

received_488264155361938.jpeg

Animated trooper has quite a large gap between the thighs and cod section, also TD is central to the belt (height wise) 

cwulbwr.jpg

Sides of ab/kidney are a little cleaner you may want to blend in the joins, mainly the belt and try to match the coloring . Drop boxes align more to the centre of the sides

d52f7ecb76491cb2552effabec9cf266.jpgUPTnUHC.jpg

Trap stickers appear a little large. You will also need to post up close up images of the sides and back of helmet.

33d61af10b1249534f3b7ce677765c19.jpg

A few teaks and I'm sure you'll get there.

You could also edit your title

Create a post with the title format: "TK-XXXX Requesting [ANH|ESB|ROTJ|REBELS|etc] EIB Status"

Good luck

• Like 1

thanks for the suggestions on what needs to be worked out on this and as a follow up how would a centurion level work on this uniform there aren't many level 3 guidelines on the rebels tk.  and for clarity the cover strips you refer to on the shin  is that a exterior cover strip?  I was trying to preserve the indent line on the rear of the shin armor.  is there any suggestions for how to achieve the correct look here.  thanks for the input I think im the first rebels tk to try for EIB status so I know this is a work in progress.

• Like 1

Hi Nathan and thank you for your Rebels EIB application, I did a quick search and you may very well be #1:)

6 hours ago, cuthbja said:

I know this is a work in progress.

A great mindset to have as this will be exactly that, let´s get started shall we!

First we have the backplate and as per CRL  L2 it shall not overlap the kidney, in fact it should be a clear gap between the two as seen below.

ddPMBLk.png

Next up we have the ab button detail and yours is currently to far off from the reference to pass Expert Infantry.

NoAyZnX.png

Moving on we have the ab/kidney and a seem is allowed but it should be flush and not overlap.

3VLDEZ3.png

Sorting the ab/kidney issue will aid this next task, as seen in the reference the belt should appear as one seamless piece. The color difference also need sorting.

7uSc91e.png

Final item in need of sorting, based on current photos, is to close the shins.

dJe0Ayu.png

If you need assistance on how to get to work on these fixes don´t hesitate to ask!

A few smaller tasks to perform, if using it, is to make sure the pauldron is on the correct shoulder (right) and include all the photos as seen in the EIB photo checklist and just as an FYI, the DLT19  is not a part of the Rebels CRL:salute:

• TheSwede changed the title to nathan cuthbertson requesting eib status tk36777 - Photos/fixes requested
Hi Nathan and thank you for your Rebels EIB application, I did a quick search and you may very well be #1
A great mindset to have as this will be exactly that, let´s get started shall we!

First we have the backplate and as per CRL  L2 it shall not overlap the kidney, in fact it should be a clear gap between the two as seen below.
ddPMBLk.png&key=57eb58813f31ebdba417cab20b209a5c179b6991882281b84161732ceb3d9a51

Next up we have the ab button detail and yours is currently to far off from the reference to pass Expert Infantry.
NoAyZnX.png&key=11414af1133174608595ce748fe879b745779a93ef651a7a6eabe9f2b3fb87c8

Moving on we have the ab/kidney and a seem is allowed but it should be flush and not overlap.
3VLDEZ3.png&key=4ef45aacd229b54793dd6e9b9c1c8326570c309e5d4d828783aae2ee3071f2bc

Sorting the ab/kidney issue will aid this next task, as seen in the reference the belt should appear as one seamless piece. The color difference also need sorting.
7uSc91e.png&key=80570ac484d94ae2e685de664ba3bd546e36f2d8aa50a38f6b407a76a5430ffd

Final item in need of sorting, based on current photos, is to close the shins.
dJe0Ayu.png&key=9d212f1a169867f3940fb436372d9fae6e8126b1955a3715dd299eebbd50bbba

If you need assistance on how to get to work on these fixes don´t hesitate to ask!
A few smaller tasks to perform, if using it, is to make sure the pauldron is on the correct shoulder (right) and include all the photos as seen in the EIB photo checklist and just as an FYI, the DLT19  is not a part of the Rebels CRL:salute:

But there examples of the dlt19 in rebels and i can supply the screen shots. Also can we add the chimaera crest to the pauldron. Perhaps as a l3 add on with an animated style pauldron. And closing the shins has always been an issue. I want to preserve the intent of the single grey line. The crl doesnt discuss a cover strip but it was suggested to me. I feel like we should open a more direct line of communications for the suit improvements

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hey Nathan

7 hours ago, cuthbja said:

But there examples of the dlt19 in rebels and i can supply the screen shots.

I´m sure you are correct, just meant you don´t need to include one for your EIB approval. Supplying screenshots will be great when it comes to update the CRL and in the meantime, how you Troop is up to you and of course your Garrison.

Also can we add the chimaera crest to the pauldron

Same applies here.

Perhaps as a l3 add on with an animated style pauldron

The emblem would be optional as not all the Troopers are wearing it and apply at basic. Meaning if you want one you can wear one. Animated style is a L3 already.

And closing the shins has always been an issue. I want to preserve the intent of the single grey line.

The line will be preserved when shins are fully closed, you can use the same method as the FOTK Shins. 

The crl doesnt discuss a cover strip

It does but I wouldn´t use it as it don´t seem accurate and to my mind would make it harder to preserve a nice seam.

Lower Leg Armor
  • Butt joint is required in the front. Overlap construction is not allowed.
  • Greaves close in the back across the seam that lines up with the thigh seam via velcro or snaps.
  • Greaves may utilize a white cover strip over the rear seam.
  • The hexagon knee plate (sniper knee plate) is affixed to the left greave and may have two visible brads or rivets securing it to the greave.
  • Like 1

• shashachu changed the title to nathan cuthbertson requesting eib status tk36777 (Locked due to inactivity)
  • shashachu locked this topic