ATA Stunt TK Build

timecyspace

I wanna start painting before I put the whole thing together. Would it be possible to print out a tube stripe stencil? Also I can't seem to find a post about the ata TD, I wanna make sure I cut it to the same length. Do y'all know one?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It should be 7 1/2 inch. I think

1 hour ago, timecyspace said:

I wanna start painting before I put the whole thing together. Would it be possible to print out a tube stripe stencil? Also I can't seem to find a post about the ata TD, I wanna make sure I cut it to the same length. Do y'all know one?

It should be 7 1/2 inch. I think

Stencil, not sure if someone has a printable, if someone does maybe they can answer that question. Until then you can but the stencil on Trooperbay.com.

Here's my old ATA build, about half way down has specs on the TD if you're interested. 

1 minute ago, timecyspace said:

Problem: I was following the indents and when i checked photos i freaked out. My edges are curved instead of flat. Is there any way i can save this?21bd05116205bfbe8dbc4a2446d1d65f.jpg

Yea, cut the edges square and you should be good ;)

1 minute ago, timecyspace said:

Will a smaller plate be a problem?

Here's the specs on the TD used in the movie. So long as yours is remotely close you shouldn't have any issues with approvals. 

RS%20TD.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all hope you all had a happy halloween! My stencils came in the mail this week so I can start painting my helmet. One thing I noticed while holding my helmet together is this indented line from the molding on the brow. Do I still need to trim the brow then? I'll also be painting the hovi mics and vocoder tonight.adfae698ba020c8ddba58eec5dc9880d.jpg3d2c0c1601b1b14734eb4ce463e8da75.jpge92ac9c6b5439c3f42bd68acc692ee0c.jpg5dec6582f1f5168f85bc9bc2638d564f.jpg4642561acb0629acaf5cc01f8d0388e3.jpg

It does look to be angling upwards at the front, I would suggest try gluing a strip of plastic behind, just a little narrower than your brow trim, the trim will cover the cut line and won't be seen, could be an easy fix ;) so don't panic just yet