BuffyNZ Requesting Pre Approval Review (RS)

BuffyNZ

1.  First/last name: Stuart Whelan

2.  Future Garrison/Squad/Outpost or local area: Outpost 42, New Zealand

3.  Armor maker: RS

4.  Helmet maker: RS

5.  Cloth belt maker: RS

6.  Neck seal maker: RS

7.  Boot maker: RS

9.  Blaster maker: RS

10.  Gasket maker: RS

11.  Height: 172cm

12.  Weight: 84kg

13.  TK type: ANH Stunt

14.  Name(s) of any Trooper(s) who significantly helped with your build: TK15557 motivated me to just get on with it and get moving.

I am an IT guy and I couldn't work out how to get my images to show in the post. I hang my head in shame.

Gallery of images: https://imgur.com/a/ZfIs89a

Edited by BuffyNZ

Looks great overall, Stuart. :-)

For posting on the forum, select the “direct” or “BBCODE” options.

Just an observation - your left shoulder bell is currently on your right shoulder and vide versa.

Also, the brow has been left quite long (common with RS Commission builds). You could consider trimming it a little if you wanted.

f149a5d15487155acf325e32bcafbb94.jpg

Example
997bb82ac340b093f20fb3a697674088.jpg

Should be an easy approval for you. :-)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Looks great overall, Stuart. :-)

For posting on the forum, select the “direct” or “BBCODE” options.

Just an observation - your left shoulder bell is currently on your right shoulder and vide versa.

Also, the brow has been left quite long (common with RS Commission builds). You could consider trimming it a little if you wanted.

Should be an easy approval for you. :-)

Thanks, I can't believe I mixed up the shoulders, how embarrassing! Thanks for letting me know about that, the BBCODE and the eyebrow. I have a team of rebel scum working on it right now...

Edited by BuffyNZ
  • Like 1

Nice work on the build, if I could suggest a few tweaks, these are only suggestions as it's your GML who will ultimately decide if any are needed.

If you could move your ab upwards it will give you a little more room at the legs, you are touching in places and it will catch. A little foam behind the sniper plate shin will help keep it away from the thing.

Also the belt could come up a little so it's just below the bottom button.

VTMHCCT.jpgsaNNTgh.jpg?1

You do have a little more gap on the right side compared to the left so you may need to tighten the strapping

OzUaUo9.jpg

Just watch the drop box placement, adding a little E6000 to behind on the strap can help keep in place

b4vJfcw.jpg

Great work, should be an easy pass and on to EIB and Centurion

• Like 1

Some fantastic advice so far, Stuart.  As mentioned, a lot of the details will be determined by your GML, but I see no reason why (with a little tweaking here and there) why you couldn't be applying for Expert Infantry level right after basic 501st approval!

RS makes a killer set of armor no doubt, and with our help you could have that EI badge under your name before you know it!

I may be am jumping the gun, but if may add to the list a suggestion to get you closer to screen accuracy it would be as follows:

1.  As Q mentioned, you could definitely stand to raise the ab plate some.  You may have to adjust your strapping a bit, but it will be worth it.  I am thinking you hear a "clicking" noise when you walk due to the top of the thighs hitting the cod.  This is not normal and can lead to chafing/red marks on your inner thighs, not to mention making it mighty uncomfortable to walk after a while.

N3fBtQA.jpg?1

I need to mention that AWESOME job on your cover strip alignment.. absolute textbook!

IiBgcTe.jpg

Once you get your Basic approval, I expect to see your application for level 2!  :duim:

• Like 1

Thanks again Dan, Q and Joseph!

I will start a thread over in another area on the modifications suggested, definately going to go for them but I want to make sure I understand and get advice before I put my software engineering skills onto hardware. :P

Um, how do I tell the difference between the left and right shoulder bells? The look *almost* identical to my untrained eye. One has a slightly wider cover strip at the base of the bell, and is slightly more concave on one section on when you look at it in a certain light than the other bell. I can tell that the bell I had on my right shoulder has the thicker strip. Is there something I am missing?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BuffyNZ said:

I will start a thread over in another area on the modifications suggested, definitely going to go for them....

Um, how do I tell the difference between the left and right shoulder bells? The look *almost* identical to my untrained eye. One has a slightly wider cover strip at the base of the bell, and is slightly more concave on one section on when you look at it in a certain light than the other bell. I can tell that the bell I had on my right shoulder has the thicker strip. Is there something I am missing?

GREAT to hear that you are doing those mods, Stuart!

If you look at the screen used (first 3) ones below, you will see a "swoop" at the bottom that faces the front.  This is the left shoulder bell.  Some armorers have this original design incorporated into their shoulder bells, and some do not.  RS armor does include this detail.  The one without the swoop (4th pic) goes on your right.

Note that having them on the "wrong" sides or not having the swoop present will not affect approval at any level, but it is suggested that if they do that they be on the "correct" sides for better screen accuracy.  Hope this helps!

rcyjdSq.jpg    BcdWkBW.jpg                k9NHiix.jpg?1  3YJjyEv.jpg

• Like 3