Heavy Weapons Trooper CRL Weapon addition thoughts?

Hellfire272

Hello and good day fellow HWT!

I recently happened upon a most glorious Imperial Heavy Rotary Blaster as seen in the Solo movie. I wanted to try to see if it could be added to the HWT CRL or at least hear others' thoughts on the matter. I did contact the detachment leader about the matter as recommended by my Garrison CO but its been a while and have heard no response so i decided to bring the matter here. 

The weapon in question is featured during the Battle of Mimban scene in Solo by a member or Becket's crew named Korso. It is an Imperial issued Heavy Rotary cannon, like a minigun. I would like to propose a potential CRL change or addition to have it added to the CRL for any aspiring HWT to use in the field. The basis i have for this addition, or why it deserves to be added, is three fold. sergey-kolesnik-imp-gatling-3500-3500.thumb.jpg.c509b3eac6ec65aeebe3a7e250f160e3.jpg

1. Many will initially say, "if the trooper is never seen with it then he cant have it in the CRL because its not canon" 

And to that I say, Our beloved costume is based on a Video Game character that we never see use anything other than a Bazooka. Yet we have virtually every Imperial Heavy weapon available in current canon for our costume. We already use weapons our character was never seen with so Logically adding one more shouldnt be an issue. 

2. It thematically makes sense. Our characters are known to be the Heavy Weapons Shock Troopers of the Imperial Stormtrooper Corp. Adding such a weapon would undoubtedly make sense for a trooper of our stature to be wielding or have been issued. 

3. This one is a bit less substantial, but more or less seeing a Minigun in our CRL may very well attract many new aspiring HWTs to our cause as the Rocket Launcher does, That was one of the big reasons i wanted to pursue a HWT was our option to wield a freakin Bazooka!! And additionally it would make us stand out even more at troops. HWT REPRESENT! 

I'm not sure what others think or how they feel on the matter, I personally see no issue with it but was wondering how I / We may go about adding this to the CRL. I look forward to the responses. 

Edited by Hellfire272

It'll be a tough sell, but I'm all for it. Maybe add some screen caps if you can find em?

Also, the other big question is who is making these? Anyone yet? o.o

• Like 1

That's a pretty bad a$$ weapon, right there.

I wouldn't necessarily be against it, although technically it makes our CRL even less accurate than it already is, so it might be hard to convince the brass.  I can see arguments in both directions, but unless they put it up for a vote, it's not my call LOL.

• Like 1

I can totally see where you are coming from, Andrew.  That is indeed one fierce looking weapon (and I'm envious as all heck of anyone that owns one)!  

However, the current HWT CRLs are based on the original Battlefront game, and the weapons contained therein.

I can certainly appreciate the fact that you want to get this approved, believe me, (I could seriously use a new project) but at some point we need to draw the line as to how many weapons we can wield as HWTs.

Being as t was only used in one film, it would honestly make it pretty difficult for it to be included in the CRL.  Plus, in looking at all the details involved this would not be an easy build.  I have built more E-11s than I can count, as well as DLT-19s and T-21s, but this would be a challenge even I would be loathe to take up.

SIDE NOTE:  Once you are approved as a HWT, you can carry any weapon you like!  ;)

• Like 1

Thank you all for your responses! I can actually happily say that I own one of these. I ascertained it 3D printed from a man named Sergie in Russia. (I cannot say enough good things about him and the product I got) The weapons is ridiculous in every sense of the word. Its huge, its bulky, its heavy, and its the most glorious piece of Imperial weaponry I've ever had the pleasure of holding. Its Gorgeous. I can post the link to it if anyone is interested in getting one themselves. To my knowledge I own number 3 of 3 in the world right now. I have been in close contact with my CO about using it and he agreed to allow me to as long as i receive pre-troop approval....For every single troop i want to use it. 

Is there anyway for me to bring this to the attention of the Brass just to see if a movement can be formed to get it added? @justjoseph63 Or was your response pretty much very nicely saying, its most likely not going to happen?

These are the only screen caps I could find. again, as its during the Battle of Mimban, its not easy to see at all. 

Korso.thumb.jpg.d7d07a3e4d2a5edb481deaf9859a5a43.jpg

battle.thumb.jpg.d460f9070eda48a6358e204128c7bbbb.jpg

image.png.f51e3cf342502b1740c0bbb8f7ef91da.png.c5ec9232a676d0ce716483f939c9db99.png.4d8a6f98b0a31dd5f7d5ea2a22dec42b.png

Korso.webp

On 10/15/2019 at 12:10 PM, Hellfire272 said:

@justjoseph63 Or was your response pretty much very nicely saying, its most likely not going to happen?

Yeaaaaaaa probably this. At least not officially as part of the CRL. But like he said, you can absolutely carry one after approval, and YOU SHOULD (cuz it's awesome). ;D