Panzer's ANH TK Build Thread

Any suggestions on how to measure the waist section compared to the diaper. To make sure they line up properly? Just lie them down on top of each other and mark off the snap plates so they're snug?

Thanks

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Not sure what you are using to post, on computer it works to select copy link and paste. Did you read through the how too link I posted earlier. Also you cant really work out placement until you try all the pieces on, you may need to adjust depending on how much gap you have at your elbows and forearms, using painters tape to hold things in place can help. 

iBK8PVC.jpg

Rough placement 

4cc6db49b1069548e1c7ecc0bc3e5ef9.jpg

That's super helpful. Thanks for the image. 

I used blue tape earlier to set the biceps onto the shoulder bell. That part. should be good. Seemed to fit well.

How did you attach the front waist plate to the bottom part? Snaps?

cheers 

1 hour ago, Panzer said:

How did you attach the front waist plate to the bottom part? Snaps?

Normally these are one piece and not separated, you could use snaps and elastic like the rest of the assembly. I do prefer using double snaps as sometimes one may come off and at least you have a spare 

R63O0di.jpg

11 hours ago, Panzer said:

Any suggestions on how to measure the waist section compared to the diaper. To make sure they line up properly? Just lie them down on top of each other and mark off the snap plates so they're snug?

If I understand your question correctly, yes, just line up the butt plate so that it's centered with the kidney. Same with the cod (that's what the shorties do when they have to make this part smaller). Once those are connected, you'll be able to see how long the cod to butt plate strap needs to be.

Looking for some help on attaching the sniper knee plate and the small ammo belt. Looks like I'll need rivets for the ammo belt. Is there a certain way to cut it and attach it? same question for the sniper plate. will double check whitearmor threads as well but haven't found one yet. thx

Edited by Panzer

For the sniper knee plate, line it up in the front centre, clamp it down then clamp down the two sides. The outer edges of the knee plate should be cut as vertical as possible. Mark any areas that make contact, then sand those areas. Then add some E6000 and clamp it all back down again.

For the thigh ammo pack, round the bottom outside edges of the thigh pack (use a rattle can for template). Then clamp the centre and pull the sides as tight to the thigh. You want to drill your holes as high as you can on the ammo pack, making sure you hit the raised edge on the thigh. Use double cap rivets if you can find them, split rivets will also work and are Centurion approvable. 

Hope that helps. 

Hi Christian, here are a couple of photos  and charts that may help you. You can also search the build threads to have a better idea of what to do.

Cheers

KO5Li1coSiDTGaArjTPr3z0oq062rolsu5GkEfJH

tigf5Pc71GOW76xADv9QQ5C9Uwc0heMU5dS-sFDU

flrx2b2ELpIiKqaF-Wfn5TXF0kew4sZIalbvbkw7tox7Mgtz8d4Uq3IIwF7_L2r8rxawCdB9TGi0in68

viuqEBpZ1-ag_ebMhKlaXfVzGCEi4aRMSZ6vYTHT

Doble rivets 

miePukSLnZnzHFyapJWuKvI3ubPrU4BBE7KnbBKz

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

8 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Christian, here are a couple of photos  and charts that may help you. You can also search the build threads to have a better idea of what to do.

Cheers

KO5Li1coSiDTGaArjTPr3z0oq062rolsu5GkEfJH

tigf5Pc71GOW76xADv9QQ5C9Uwc0heMU5dS-sFDU

flrx2b2ELpIiKqaF-Wfn5TXF0kew4sZIalbvbkw7tox7Mgtz8d4Uq3IIwF7_L2r8rxawCdB9TGi0in68

viuqEBpZ1-ag_ebMhKlaXfVzGCEi4aRMSZ6vYTHT

Doble rivets 

miePukSLnZnzHFyapJWuKvI3ubPrU4BBE7KnbBKz

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

awesome. thanks for that.

• Like 1

Looks good, see how you go with movement, having the gloves in the front can keep the forearm central on the arm too so can make a difference ;) 

1 hour ago, Panzer said:

For the ammo packs that hang from the belt do put ial snap on it and then glue it together? small piece into the larger one for both sides?

For mine I glued them together first and then glued some elastic to the belt and the back of the packs to get the distance right. Not sure if that’s how others did it.

1 hour ago, Fives-Niner said:

For mine I glued them together first and then glued some elastic to the belt and the back of the packs to get the distance right. Not sure if that’s how others did it.

I guess you dont really see the back right. I figured the snap wouldhe good in case I need to replace something or make the snap itself longer.

But just to confirm the smaller sections go inside the larger ones correct? there isn't one large and one small one? would look a bit weird but rather check before gluing. ;)

49 minutes ago, Panzer said:

I guess you dont really see the back right. I figured the snap wouldhe good in case I need to replace something or make the snap itself longer.

But just to confirm the smaller sections go inside the larger ones correct? there isn't one large and one small one? would look a bit weird but rather check before gluing. ;)

yes, the small ones go into the inside of the larger ones. source: L3 CRL on the belt

Edited by masterx244
clarifications
  • Like 1

With the ears screws if you use a large drill bit size of the screw head and by hand rotate in the whole you will make a tapered recess for the screw head to sit in

post-12041-0-77857300-1454701038_thumb.jpg

Nice work, just with the ab plates they shouldn't have rounded corners and appears you still have some extra material left on the smaller plate ;) 

5oBUtaH.jpg?2

3 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work, just with the ab plates they shouldn't have rounded corners and appears you still have some extra material left on the smaller plate ;) 

5oBUtaH.jpg?2

thanks and yes... they need to be cleaned up a bit.

Hey there.

Do you have more pictures? Side on would be great. I have a suspicion that the ears might be on the opposite sides.

Also, a little tip for taking pictures of armour parts;

Take a couple of steps back from the subject and zoom in slightly. This will give an image closer to how the human eye sees it. This will make it easier for accurate feedback in your thread. :-)

Example;

41c3c33bd661f6928c934d7d0695d0a7.jpg

• Like 1