GoofTrooper Requesting Pre Approval Review (Anovos)

GoofTrooper

Hello All, I recently finished my armor that I've been working on here and there for about a year and a half now.  I'd love to hear what you guys have to say about it or suggestions on how to make it better, or know if it's good enough for basic approval. Thank you!

1.  First/last name: Eric Foehner

2.  Future Garrison: Dune Sea Garrison

3.  Armor maker: Anovos

4.  Helmet maker: Anovos

5.  Cloth belt maker: Rob Kittell

6.  Neck seal maker: Darmans Props

7.  Boot maker: Imperial Boots

8.  Blaster maker: DoopyDoos E-11 kit (WIP)

9.  Height: 5’ 8”

10. Weight: 156 lbs

11. TK type: ANH Stunt

12. Contributors: Michael Culp, Ukswrath's Anovos TK build thread

P.S. I'm aware that the left drop box is stuck behind my thigh armor. This is just something I missed while taking photos. It normally sits correctly in front of the thigh lined up with edge of the ammo belt. 

NIfAXvk.jpg

zHa38Tw.jpg

s0OC1BC.jpg

dXarWjd.jpg

kPYtt1c.jpg

zWE3Dym.jpg

exr9iN8.jpg

BYl1Yak.jpg

Nice work, most should be fine for basic (depending on your GML) a couple of things you could tweak.

Shins are at different heights. Also forearms have different gaps at elbows/wrists

Shouldn't be any excess paint on your gums, here's some examples. Also a bit wide on the ends

s4AllTr.jpg?1

Ab button paint could be reduced a little

5oBUtaH.jpg?2

Ideally tube stripes are a pencil width from the cheek

Qqn3mJF.jpg?1

Could tighten up the paint on the vocoder

KKZqeB8.jpg?2zWE3Dym.jpg

Could also bring the belt up a little so its just under the first button

ArOKkSg.jpg?1

Check the spacing on your side rivets

s0OC1BC.jpgwNz3M5l.jpg?1JIQZd4i.jpg?2

Belt could come a little more to the centre

kPYtt1c.jpgsaNNTgh.jpg?1f8U1YCc.jpg?1

You may need a little heat on your calf closure to help it lay a little flatter 

s0OC1BC.jpg

Great work and good luck with approval

Thank you for the input gmrhodes13. I didn't realize I had that much more work to do! Yikes! I have a question about the belt and side rivets. How do I make adjustments to those pieces since they're already set in place via holes drilled in the armor and belt and set with rivets, snaps etc. Would I just have to get a new belt and start over? I'm not sure how else I could move it up and over. 

1 minute ago, GoofTrooper said:

Thank you for the input gmrhodes13. I didn't realize I had that much more work to do! Yikes! I have a question about the belt and side rivets. How do I make adjustments to those pieces since they're already set in place via holes drilled in the armor and belt and set with rivets, snaps etc. Would I just have to get a new belt and start over? I'm not sure how else I could move it up and over. 

These are only suggestions as most items will be fine for basic approval but you may have to adjust for EIB and Centurion if you want to go apply for those levels.  It really depends on your GML (garrison membership liaison) if he/she would require them to be adjusted before approval so I'd check with him/her first as it is ultimately their decision.

Side ab/kidney rivets would need to be removed, then the holes filled with ABS past, sanded and polished, here's a how to thread for ABS paste 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42866-how-to-make-abs-paste/ Then check spacing with references and redrill holes.

You wouldn't need a new belt, you could reposition new snaps/rivets and adjust.

Have a look at Tony's build, it's full of great detail https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build-stunt/

38 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

These are only suggestions as most items will be fine for basic approval but you may have to adjust for EIB and Centurion if you want to go apply for those levels.  It really depends on your GML (garrison membership liaison) if he/she would require them to be adjusted before approval so I'd check with him/her first as it is ultimately their decision.

Side ab/kidney rivets would need to be removed, then the holes filled with ABS past, sanded and polished, here's a how to thread for ABS paste 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42866-how-to-make-abs-paste/ Then check spacing with references and redrill holes.

You wouldn't need a new belt, you could reposition new snaps/rivets and adjust.

Have a look at Tony's build, it's full of great detail https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build-stunt/

Well I hope the ab/kidney rivets are okay with my GML, he's the one who installed them! However, I am hoping for EIB and Centurion approval.

In order to re-position the snaps on the belt I will have to punch new holes in the canvas belt, correct? Or do I use the same method you mentioned for the ab/kidney rivets and fill in the male snaps on the ab plate and drill new holes slightly higher? 

Tony's build thread was my bible while building my armor. I used it almost exclusively other than the help from my GML.

As for the arms, which gap looks correct? I know they are off but I'm not sure which one I need to move.

Thank you for the help!

32 minutes ago, GoofTrooper said:

Well I hope the ab/kidney rivets are okay with my GML, he's the one who installed them! However, I am hoping for EIB and Centurion approval.

In order to re-position the snaps on the belt I will have to punch new holes in the canvas belt, correct? Or do I use the same method you mentioned for the ab/kidney rivets and fill in the male snaps on the ab plate and drill new holes slightly higher? 

Tony's build thread was my bible while building my armor. I used it almost exclusively other than the help from my GML.

As for the arms, which gap looks correct? I know they are off but I'm not sure which one I need to move.

Ab rivets, have a look at other centurion applications ;)

Belt you could move the snaps on the belt or on the ab, which ever you find easiest, you don't need to fill in holes if they are not seen from the outside. 

Arms, either, equal gaps at wrist and elbow, just make them match.