TK 87667 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB status (ATA) (944)

Jonathan Ballard

TK 87667

REAPERofDAISYS

Midwest Garrison

Armor - ATA

Helmet - ATA

Blaster - purchased off another 501st member who couldn’t remember where it came from.

Boots - self painted

Holster and Neck Seal- daraman props

Full body

Front

f14529e03be2ff06d5332470ace8d625.jpg

Back

0800b730e2570b22ef8aa8fdd71ba3b4.jpg

Left

6e378d3d39a23a2922572d65768aee94.jpg

Right

85081c7c93182bb7d2532d28126b8cb1.jpg

Side detail

53466eead2dd79f51ca6be657131c069.jpg

Action shot

a55602761887548c0597860a8a8777c4.jpg

Ab button detail

82b0ce5b6cf721d1f781b932fa5a6ca9.jpg

Cod butt attachment

c186b59a6e6c5a23015870cdc0a684a1.jpg

Strapping

b1de6f1658fa3fd8126693a81732a869.jpg

Helmet

Front

bae23489909bccfbbd7b83f9a6571e30.jpg

Sides

14d71648211f11a912000ac0b3c95aa5.jpg

b653c8ac462f82242bfd31627db01e5a.jpg

Back

c8d20fd851c5d43833ac216b1c3ce969.jpg

Hovi mic tips

374ae6da39f510df79fd5e332a491f9f.jpg

Lens color

eb9a426aa08a2a33e70fb3f01524ba4b.jpg

Blaster

a65e35f63339787ab3dd791206244a7e.jpg

cf5173041a81ed938103e328b48a9e46.jpg

dbb872235968c1550a4bb2140288f34f.jpg

Neck seal

Thermal detonator

43d38c1ea588b1228bc1a319ccdd9324.jpg

1a74d1899150855024e38483fc22a76d.jpg

Holster

8c6d38dbbad0f0b15b526f0d17b4157b.jpg

a4cd796d0facbeca66ff00307940dd78.jpg

Gloves

ef7109c0103dd3282cbc03f71cdc8473.jpg

For the glory of the Empire!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi John, and thanks for your application for EI!

Before proceeding, we will need a few extra photos, brother, (listed below... but don't worry, you don't have to get suited up again just yet)!  Gotta say GREAT job on painting the traps, ear bars and vocoder on that bucket, and I'm glad to see you went with the double-snap method on your torso.  (Better safe than sorry). :duim:  SUPER nice job on the ear positioning as well!

1.  We will need clear, close-up shots of your connections for each thigh and calf in the rear.  Please include the entire areas highlighted in blue

2TFirtA.jpg

2.  Your shoulder straps are looking a little askew in the back.  Can you add some photos of the front and back of the top of the chest plate showing the positioning of them?

Reference image

ASYVS6b.jpg?1                                8fplRYI.jpg?1

3.  Please add a shot of your forearm openings as well.

As soon as you get those in we can begin, and THANKS!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John, and thank you for your Expert Infantry application!  In the following review I will be going over a few items pertaining to your current submission, as well as those that will be required for Centurion level should you choose to apply, and with this awesome looking armor I hope you do!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for ANH Stunt Expert Infantry. On behalf of myself and the entire D.O.Team, Congratulations!   :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Let's get right into this and start from the top:

1.  The ends of your brow strap could use some trimming to align them with the rear of the traps.  (EASY fix)!

2.  While not a deal breaker per se, the brow has quite the downward slope on the sides for some reason, giving the traps an odd shape and should be raised if at all possible.

oLzjh82.jpg   oaOIfPq.jpg?2

Reference images

vCMA48e.jpg?1   B9eJQtb.jpg   UZSK0e3.jpg?1 

This may be a dressing issue, but the cover strip alignment on your forearms/biceps is pretty far off.  Although they don't need to be perfect, the forearms would look much better if they were turned in some.  Fixing this could be as easy as changing the position of the strapping between them.

Reference images                                                                                        

XAq4XUh.jpg   1Hlc4Uq.jpg?1  SLnk2xc.jpg?2

I couldn't help but notice the difference in the length that your shoulder bridges sit on your back plate.  I am assuming that they are glued evenly in the front, and it may be a simple thing like the back plate has shifted toward the right more than the left.  Looking at the photo they are different heights on the top as well.   Also, although you did not list your height I also presume that you are a taller trooper, as the large rear tab is not removed and you needed that to make certain that you could add the elastic band.  Again, no biggie, but something that you could look in to adjusting.                                                                                                                             

6z1h3EM.jpg?1  

Reference images

X9L8Dcu.jpg?1   8fplRYI.jpg?1

GREAT to see that you used the "double snap" method, John!  (You won't be sorry you did that... trust me).  However, you have a disparity between your back and kidney plates on the left side.  It's fine to have a gap between those pieces, but it needs to be even all the way across.  I think the easiest way to remedy this would be to shorten the strap on the left side (red arrow).

6Fi80Zr.jpg   mQHW3qC.jpg?1

Reference images

0vWNADZ.jpg?1   XB63Rhk.jpg?1

To finish things off in this section, we would really like to see the cover strips on your thighs/calves line up better.  This can be easily achieved by using some 1 inch x 1 inch (or 2 inch) foam strips inside your calves to keep them from twisting out.  Some glue them in, but I had the same issue and I attached them with Velcro so that I could remove them for cleaning.

Reference images

yo941go.jpg  prYGpCI.jpg?1  IsASRdY.jpg?1  Ngx6IiA.jpg?1

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

You used the perfect color paint on your tube stripes, John, but unfortunately the shape and length are off for L3.  If you look at the reference pics, the stripes are much shorter and each stripe is about the same distance apart as the width of each other.

Also please note that the stripes lean toward the front (not the back), as shown in the example below.  They also do not extend under the ear.

If you are willing to remove the existing paint on the tube stripes and remedy this, I will send you (no charge) some templates to use as well as a few hints and tips on how to do it effectively.

XxCd7Cd.jpg?1  

Reference images

Qqn3mJF.jpg?1   A7KK5HH.jpg?1   02rbV8W.jpg?1

For some reason your ab plate is peeking out beyond your chest plate on the left side in your photos..  Not sure if this is a size issue, but it needs to be addressed before we can move you along to L3.  Can you tighten up the ab/kidney connection?

PdJvP49.jpg    ddSfaWb.jpg

Reference images

4W5jcuP.jpg?1  hJYjgv4.jpg?2

Belts belts belts... where would a TK be without his ammo belt?  I am IMPRESSED that your trimming of the tops and bottoms of the belt were so close to the ammo boxes.... just like the originals!  (Many troopers don't do this).

4H2E0WS.jpg?1

But alas, as per the CRLs it needs to come up some.

The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

Yours - Bring it up half an inch and you will be golden!                                                                                                                        

6uTTyiU.jpg?1 

Reference images

f8U1YCc.jpg?1  saNNTgh.jpg?1

Now onto a few tiny details, brother.  As you may be aware, Centurion is all about the small items that we (but most others) would never notice.  The first one being:

1.  Your ABS button covers are way too thick... (there should be no edges on them).  Removing them is actually fairly simple.  Just CAREFULLY use a razor knife to cut through the glue and then pry them off and trim down the edges.

QDFggbB.jpg?1

Reference images   

Z3MkiHu.jpg?1  4C0UkPR.jpg?1 rMj98qI.jpg

Ab/kidney rivets:  The size of your rivets is spot-on, but unfortunately the placement is a bis askew. The middle one is a tiny bit off but is passable, but the one on the bottom of your ab plate needs to come up and the hole filled.  Even though they are covered by the canvas/ABS belt, as per the CRL they still need to be  equally spaced along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge.

Reference image

2PsoJ8f.jpg?1    QefF1Ei.jpg?1xjRNE2O.jpg?1

Now for the big one.  Let me preface this by saying that in looking at your overall build I am thoroughly impressed with your mad skills, and that I have faith that you can take this all the way to Centurion!

The thighs/calves:

As you probably have noticed, there is an inordinate amount of flat area on each side of the cover strips on the front of your thighs.  We completely understand that not all Troopers are the same size, and certain allowances must be made as such.

But.. these areas must be reduced in order to get you level 3, so here is what I am recommending:

I know it will be difficult, but I have every confidence in you, John,

Remove the cover strips from the fronts (and backs) of the thighs.

Cut down the sides of the flat areas in the front.

Use the same size cover strips in front when you glue them back together.

Make the back cover strips wide enough to cover the gap (in green, third pic).

The front of your calves is spot-on, but the backs could also use a wider cover strip,

HpGlGxO.jpg?1  hC0p21y.jpg?1  0RfOYOe.jpg?1  0LkRH47.jpg?1

Lastly, I noticed that the grip of you E-11 has some shine.  This may be due to the some reflection and is not actually weathered, but note that the original grips were made of plastic and therefore should have no metallic appearance,

vk5K7UT.jpg

So there it is, brother.  You have a few items to deal with, but as mentioned I'm sure you can take this set of armor all the way to level 3.  You can DO IT!  If you need any help, please feel free to ask.

• Like 1

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK 87667 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB status (944)
On 10/25/2019 at 4:05 PM, REAPERofDAISYS said:

Awesome. Thank you!
Looks like I got plenty to do before Centurion. Hopefully later this next year when my wife starts her FemTK I’ll find time to upgrade

The pleasure was mine, brother.   You can DO this, and I'm counting on seeing that Centurion submission!

• 3 weeks later...
  • justjoseph63 changed the title to TK 87667 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB status (ATA) (944)