Stepping down as XO

justjoseph63

Dear fellow Staff members, Troopers and future Troopers,

As Sarah mentioned in a previous post, it is with a heavy heart that I am stepping down in my role of Executive Officer of the FISD.

Over the last few months life has thrown me more than a few curve balls, including personal issues, 2 deaths and a hurricane to boot, which in my opinion have precluded me from having the time to effectively perform my duties, and for that I add my sincere apologies to you all.

Those of you who have known me over the years know that this Detachment and the people here have honestly meant the world to me, and it has been both an honor and a pleasure being a part of such an incredible group of folks.

Although the dust is finally beginning to settle (at last), it will be several weeks before life allows me to get back into the swing of things here 100% as in recent years, but I promise I will get there.  After speaking with Sarah, she has graciously offered that I step back into my previous role as Deployment Officer.  This will allow me the chance to serve the FISD in the area that I know best, and I look forward not only to returning to assisting future Troopers, but helping those aiming for EI and Centurion attain their goals as well.

A big THANK YOU to all of you for bearing with me.  Your kind thoughts/comments and personal PMs have helped get me through the recent months more than you will ever know, and an extra big thank you to Sarah for her understanding and keeping me on as part of the Staff.

Also, I'm sure that you will all join me in welcoming Brien as our new XO.  He is a true treasure here, and I am sure he will continue to go above and beyond to make sure that this Detachment continues to be the best one in the 501st!

My very best to you all, and I will see you on the boards a LOT more.  Troop on,   Joseph

• Like 32

Thank you for all of your hard work Joseph!  As I have said previously, you were the one to first reach out to me in becoming an attache here.  I absolutely appreciate that opportunity which in turn assisted me in coming onto one of the best Command Staffs is all of the legion almost 3 years ago.  I hope to see you around here more when your life gets back to normal.  :salute:

thanks for your service and personally pointing me in the right direction with a specific part for my costume during my build a few years ago.

See ya around! :salute:

I know we have already had this conversation my friend but thank you for the work you could put in this year.
Personally I’m very glad that you are staying on staff and in a role that you have always shown such passion for.
I hope the rest of the year is far better for you and allows you to do what you love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for all you have done and continue to do! I'm sure we all appreciate your honesty and candor, and that we all wish you the absolute best as things continue to settle. Let us know if you need anything! Other than some more quality EIB and Centurion candidates of course :P

Edited by TheRascalKing

Joseph, first and foremost, thank you sir for being so kind and helpful to many of us with whom you have helped and encouraged in the past! The first time I witnessed your kindness was when you just gave a fellow trooper something that he needed! I thought to myself WOW, what a great person. You may not remember, but you also helped me in the past with both your kindness and your infinite wisdom of the TK build! I’m glad to hear that you’re still going to be available for the information and encouragement that you have supplied on the FISD forum for many years and looking forward to reading and hearing of it in the future! Thank you sir for your love and dedication to all of us in the FISD!!!

Without your diligence, I wouldn't be a FISD member and thus would not even be able to make this comment today. Thank you for everything you have done and continue to perform on behalf of the FISD for prospective and current troopers! 

Thank you Joseph for everything you do and have done. You were one of my first contacts here and were with me throughout my quest to Centurion.
Sorry about all ur dealing with and hope it gets better for you soon brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Joseph for all you have done as XO. Always a true trooper helping us all out and it’s never forgotten. I am happy to hear you will still be on staff so please take your time getting back to things. Life and family first. 
 All the best to you. 

Joseph has been a mainstay on FISD as long as I've been here the past few years. He helped on my build thread, nudged me to apply to be an Imperial Attaché, and helped me find my sea legs when I joined the command staff.

Thanks for everything you've done for me and for this detachment, I'm glad you sticking around as a DO, and we're all the luckier for your membership here. Cheers.

On 10/8/2019 at 12:46 PM, justjoseph63 said:

Dear fellow Staff members, Troopers and future Troopers,

As Sarah mentioned in a previous post, it is with a heavy heart that I am stepping down in my role of Executive Officer of the FISD.

Over the last few months life has thrown me more than a few curve balls, including personal issues, 2 deaths and a hurricane to boot, which in my opinion have precluded me from having the time to effectively perform my duties, and for that I add my sincere apologies to you all.

Those of you who have known me over the years know that this Detachment and the people here have honestly meant the world to me, and it has been both an honor and a pleasure being a part of such an incredible group of folks.

Although the dust is finally beginning to settle (at last), it will be several weeks before life allows me to get back into the swing of things here 100% as in recent years, but I promise I will get there.  After speaking with Sarah, she has graciously offered that I step back into my previous role as Deployment Officer.  This will allow me the chance to serve the FISD in the area that I know best, and I look forward not only to returning to assisting future Troopers, but helping those aiming for EI and Centurion attain their goals as well.

A big THANK YOU to all of you for bearing with me.  Your kind thoughts/comments and personal PMs have helped get me through the recent months more than you will ever know, and an extra big thank you to Sarah for her understanding and keeping me on as part of the Staff.

Also, I'm sure that you will all join me in welcoming Brien as our new XO.  He is a true treasure here, and I am sure he will continue to go above and beyond to make sure that this Detachment continues to be the best one in the 501st!

My very best to you all, and I will see you on the boards a LOT more.  Troop on,   Joseph

Oh dear Joseph

I hope all  dust settles down and you can put all your pieces back together. Although I do not know you personally you granted me my Centurion rank with lovely suggestions and comments and for that I am grateful.

I am glad that you still amongst us  under another task.

All the best my friend

Yikes, life's little curveballs are never fun.  Best wishes to your efforts to climb back on top!

And thank you for continuing your staff work here at FISD.  Glad you can keep a toe in the pool, at least!  It would be tragic to lose your invaluable input entirely.

Joseph, sorry to hear that things haven’t been pleasant for you. Like others have stated, it’s great that you are still able to participate on the forums, as you are a valuable resource. Keep your head up, and things will certainly get better.