Lee_C Anovos TLJ build

Lee_C_77

19 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Great update Lee! The kit is looking fantastic.

I love how Anovos include their choice of paint in the instructions for their “kit which doesn’t need painting” emoji1787.png

If only they had access to Colorite! The guy is a legend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Darren. 

The recommended white looked awful. Nowhere near a match. 

Colorite were super helpful. I only went there as it’s local and they custom mix paint. He confirmed that it will be impossible to paint match the Anovos plastic. But for him to bring out all of the movie sample cards and point me to the correct white was awesome. 

I finished my belt off too. Great kit. Just need to mount the boxes. 

speaking of the boxes, whoever poured the resin at Anovos has done an awful job. Bubbles and imperfections all over. Maybe Ryan and Reggie got moved out of live chat to do it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Krisko720 said:

That’s a darn good use of a small space! So is this the official paint we should be using on our Anovos pieces and even the blasters? Where might one find this paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m only going off what the suppliers told me. It looks great up close once dried and polished though. 

Paint code is TC10 which I assume is a generic code. Failing that, it’s bought in the uk but I’m sure it’s available stateside.  It’s 2k so you have to activate a hardener  in the can before use. Shake really well but plan your painting. It goes off in the can after 7-8 hours. 

• Like 2

Thanks Darren. 

The recommended white looked awful. Nowhere near a match.

The RustOleum 2x was very much a U.S. solution when working with the original marketing kits. It was cheap, readily available and did the trick. I guess it kinda stuck as the ‘correct’ paint to use.

Great stuff, "no paint" that's funny Anovos.

I used acrylic automotive paint, dries quickly between coats, can be clear coated and polished, it's a massive difference to Rustoleum and gives a much better shine and appearance, I have used 2K paints in the past but just didn't have the drying facilities for using it. 

Great looking finish, well done.

Great stuff, "no paint" that's funny Anovos.

I used acrylic automotive paint, dries quickly between coats, can be clear coated and polished, it's a massive difference to Rustoleum and gives a much better shine and appearance, I have used 2K paints in the past but just didn't have the drying facilities for using it. 

Great looking finish, well done.

Thanks. Yeah, acrylic works well. I really suck at clear coating. I don’t have a compressor so had to use cans before. I just couldn’t get a great finish with them. The good thing about the 2k spray is that as it has a hardener and is high gloss, no separate clear coat is needed. It’s touch dry in 30 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly, Anovos have been too busy sending GE helmets so mine still isn’t here. Never mind. Sanotized Creations sold me one.

Fitted a hard hat liner for support.

ac321bfd8f7749384b602705ff765a29.jpg

Just need to paint inside the helmet black and tidy up hot glue residue.

a2b8bd65a0fd5b20eca6fb041263f000.jpg

29178ba69c8e0a00279bc4f5b07d69e9.jpg
Helmet is almost finished. Need to paint inside the side vents. I was going to cut them out, but this helmet is temporary until Anovos send my proper one. Also need to neaten up a little on the brow. What a pain that was.

Armour wise, everything is ready to go. I need to have a kit up at the weekend when someone is here to help.

18c1e94bf17091e8995f4e9c55c06952.jpg

696f9c8919fcacaa478bd9ec778b49a8.jpg

6b9286860ed0e478e2829756682dff49.jpg

Belt box 2nd from left needs painting again. Something reacted with the paint. Also, centre belt boxes look positioned badly but it must be the angle. They’re centred.

0ad8790d2c565bf116f28763c66ad58b.jpg

7934aaad6a6eb2fe3c7b4a9fcfb5cd4b.jpg

26b769afb192196aff20d854e325ff22.jpg

I will add a screw here eventually. But at this late stage, I just painted the pip silver.

6f2cc706a65a4618370620083d41e170.jpg

d8b4d73752771847edc4eae7e437dd0f.jpg

And until Saturday, that’s it. Next step will be a full kit up, gaskets and all and we can go from there.

Also, not sure if I mentioned before. But the templates for the ab boxes and the position of the holes are all over the place. Maybe 3-4 mm out on most. I was meant to take photos of how I fitted them but I forgot.

Great work once again, good luck with approval, although I don't think you'll need it ;) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just checking in. My kit cleared just before Christmas. Good to know that with a few mods, the Anovos kit is clearable. 

unfortunately, even with the reinforcing of the yoke, it’s got a couple of cracks on the return edge. 

I’ll strengthen with plastic, fill and flash over. Apart from that, all good. Now if only Anovos would ship these out to everyone else. 

• Like 1

It was great to see this kit pass with flying colours. An easy pass for a job extremely well done.

This thread will prove of huge value to those who will follow in your footsteps.

5 hours ago, Lee_C_77 said:

Just checking in. My kit cleared just before Christmas. Good to know that with a few mods, the Anovos kit is clearable. 

unfortunately, even with the reinforcing of the yoke, it’s got a couple of cracks on the return edge. 

I’ll strengthen with plastic, fill and flash over. Apart from that, all good. Now if only Anovos would ship these out to everyone else. 

Great news congratulations.

Reinforcing the yoke is a definite must.

Hopefully Anovos will eventually get their act together, fingers crossed