Centurion award question

As far as EIB and Centurion awards go, according to FISD, you can achieve multiple EIB awards for different TK costumes, but can only achieve Centurion ONCE? What are the thoughts behind getting multiple costumes to Centurion other than having the best possible screen accuracy for each costume? The actual award is really only given once? Thanks!

Yes. Centurion is awarded once, to the person. Nothing stopping you from getting Centurion for all your costumes, in fact many have several.

If you care about screen accuracy that is usually enough motivation, but you are correct no official perks for multiple Centurion awards.

• Like 2

If I may, I shall add a little background to the story of EIB and Centurion wihtout going into all the explicit details.

If we go back in time to the early days of the first produced fan armour  "FX", it was all that was available so everyone sported FX armour. Later on some armour became available that had screen linage and molds were taken and more accurate armour produced.

Expert infantry was introduced as a way to make FX armour a little more screen accurate than it was. If we move on in time and having more accurate armour available again, Centurion was introduced as a new higher level of accuracy. Think rivets paint colours snaps how the armour is trimmed etc etc.

Now FISD has never had a problem with those that had EIB going the extra mile to achieve Centurion, those numbers are pretty good, but we still have very few that build TK armour making the minor difference and applying for EIB, considering the total number of  TK's in the legion.

Due to this, we offer more incentives for a member to want to build to the EI spec, be it the exclusive EI coin or the ability to build all our TK costumes to that next level and receive the additional stars for doing so.

In recent times we introduced the March to 1000 campaign, yet another inducement that includes special merch in order to entice more troopers to step up and make the very easy changes required to meet the Expert Infantry level.

There is much more to this story but I didn't want to create a TLDR post :)

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
If I may, I shall add a little background to the story of EIB and Centurion wihtout going into all the explicit details.
If we go back in time to the early days of the first produced fan armour  "FX", it was all that was available so everyone sported FX armour. Later on some armour became available that had screen linage and molds were taken and more accurate armour produced.
Expert infantry was introduced as a way to make FX armour a little more screen accurate than it was. If we move on in time and having more accurate armour available again, Centurion was introduced as a new higher level of accuracy. Think rivets paint colours snaps how the armour is trimmed etc etc.
Now FISD has never had a problem with those that had EIB going the extra mile to achieve Centurion, those numbers are pretty good, but we still have very few that build TK armour making the minor difference and applying for EIB, considering the total number of  TK's in the legion.
Due to this, we offer more incentives for a member to want to build to the EI spec, be it the exclusive EI coin or the ability to build all our TK costumes to that next level and receive the additional stars for doing so.
In recent times we introduced the March to 1000 campaign, yet another inducement that includes special merch in order to entice more troopers to step up and make the very easy changes required to meet the Expert Infantry level.
There is much more to this story but I didn't want to create a TLDR post

@Sly11 - Is there a thread which includes all the nuances of the development of the EIB and Cent programs? i.e. the unabridged version for us interested and with time to read?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, MaskedVengeance said:

@Sly11 - Is there a thread which includes all the nuances of the development of the EIB and Cent programs? i.e. the unabridged version for us interested and with time to read?

Over the years, the CRLs for levels 2 and 3 have evolved and changed, especially with the advent of better screen captures and original armor images.  We can see things now that simply weren't available years ago, so the requirements for Expert Infantry, Centurion and even Basic approval have gotten more precise over time.

Without going back and viewing all the CRL change discussions (EIB started in 2006) over the years and seeing the images.. most were on Photobucket and are now impossible to see that would be a monumental task, Caleb.  I agree, it would be interesting reading, though!

• 11 months later...

What happens to your Centurion status when you sell your costume or leave the legion (retired)?

I can find policy for EIB, but cannot find for Centurion. If anyone can help me, cause one of my garrison member just retired and his costume already sold off. (he is EIB and Centurion)

Edited by swibowoj

Basically the award goes to the member for the work they put in to bring their costume up to that level.

If they retire they still hold the accolade as they did the work and they simply become part of FISD history.

If a person was to buy the armour they would then need to make sure it met the current CRL criteria (anything grandfathered would no longer be acceptable) and the new owner would need to apply for EI and Centurion again. It would go through the standard protocols and needs to fit the trooper appropriately to pass.

So in a nut shell, award goes to the member and it is theirs forever in FISD history.

You can do multiple costumes and receive EI and Centurion approval on all, but you can only effectively be awarded the status once. This is why on second. third and fourth etc applications they simply state (Approved) and do not get another number allocation, but we do recognize it through stars above the EI  side bar banner awards.

• Like 1

Just to add, you only receive additional stars above your EIB side banner award, does not apply for the centurion side banner award, you only receive one centurion banner with no additions no matter how many costumes you have approved at centurion.

Additional costume awards will show on your approval thread as (APPROVED) 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on.

You may want to check out this thread on FISD awards 

• Like 1