Plastidipping and helmet internals questions

bones3010

Hello everyone!  

Thanks in part to the arrival of my daughter awhile back, I had to take a break from my Anovos ANH TK build, but I'm finally looking to finish the final stretch to completion.  I'm probably 90% done and was striving for Centurion approval before I got side-tracked, and it's down to mainly fitting and fine-tuning issues.  Unfortunately, after taking so much time to come back to this I'm a bit out of the loop on some of the do's and don'ts of the builds, so apologies in advance for the ignorant questions!

My first question is, I opted to toss the velcro that came with the kit and fabricated a bracket set for the main torso parts for better accuracy.  Taking a new look at them, the screws attaching the brackets to the return edge on the chest have me a bit worried that they'll eventually crack the pieces of the rather thin material after a couple of fittings, so I was wondering if anyone had ever considered coating the insides of the armor with Plastidip for added durability, and more importantly, would that affect eligibility for Centurion status?  I've coated the inside of the helmet like most people seem to do and I like the added heft and durability it seems to add, and it seems to me that the same would be true for the other armor parts but I don't recall every seeing anyone post about doing that so I wanted to get opinions before further consideration.  

My other question is about adding some helmet internals...  I know there's no standard, but generally speaking it seems many people like to add cooling fans and voice amplifiers/modulators to the helmet.  Can anyone make some suggestions about particular designs, parts, etc. and perhaps point me to a good tutorial and/or resource to get the necessary components?  I'd love to just get a kit of some sort for one-stop shopping if there is such a thing available, but I came up dry when I looked on Trooperbay, etc.

Thanks for any input!