Star Wars names for babies and fur babies

JZYL

I'll start... I don't have any kids or pets, but I do know 2

One is a coworker of mine named Luke. When I jokingly asked him if he had a sister named Leia, he responded that instead he had a brother named Han and a brother named George. After that, his mom told his dad "no more attempts for a Leia".

Another was when I was a kindergarten teacher back in Taiwan. I had a set of Happa (half white) Dragon Phoenix twins in one of my classes. Due to Chinese beliefs regarding Dragon Phoenix twins (boy girl set of twins), and traditional naming conventions for siblings, I already had some preconceived notions what the kids' Chinese names would be. I figured their English names would be more Americanized, since their mom was White and American. Boy's English name was Luke, girl was named Emma. Ok.

Then I found out that while the boy's Chinese name was Lei Chun... the gir's name was Lei Ya. Mom didn't even notice until one day I called for Emma by her given Chinese name instead of her English name or full Chinese name. Oh she instantly thwapped the dad, he started hooting. Good on ya for slipping it past her, and he even made Lei the root/sibling character to hide it!

• Like 1

My son is Luke.  Funny thing is, the wife clued in and didn't want a "star wars name" so the back-up for Luke was going to be "Benjamin".  She also eventually clued into the Benjamin name when I suggested "Obiwan" as a middle name.  She finally came around on "Luke" but still insists to this day that he is not named after Luke Skywalker.   He totally is.   "Leia" was right off the table for our daughter. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wook1138 said:

My son is Luke.  Funny thing is, the wife clued in and didn't want a "star wars name" so the back-up for Luke was going to be "Benjamin".  She also eventually clued into the Benjamin name when I suggested "Obiwan" as a middle name.  She finally came around on "Luke" but still insists to this day that he is not named after Luke Skywalker.   He totally is.   "Leia" was right off the table for our daughter. 

I TOTALLY forgot about having Benjamin as a possibility. 

Come on everyone, I KNOW there are a lot more Luke's out there. I was a teacher, I have taught 3 Hermione's, and that fandom has not been around nearly as long!

One of the nicknames I have for my eldest daughter is "Snips". From an early age she showed how similar to Asoka she was, and still is.

Kids were offered 2 names for our BC: Rex or Ben. They chose the latter. He's generally more Ben Solo than Ben Kenobi though :D:D

• Like 1

Alright, here we go.

We call our dog Ma Bookie, or Bookie for short.

Lineage: In the extended cut of  A New Hope, there is a scene where Han is confronted by Jaba the Hutt in a hanger bay, yep the scene where Boba Fett is standing to the side.

In Huttanese, Jabba says "Han ma bookie" which translates to "Han my boy", hence Ma bookie, my boy or just Boy :D

Consequently, now every time my wife or I see a Labradoodle ( our dogs breed) we call them all Bookies lol

• Like 3

My cat's name is Falcon, after the Millennium Falcon.  Pretty sure she'd make the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs based on her morning (and afternoon and evening and night) zoomies.  

Cat tax:

48309340371_da4c54e1ee_o.jpg

• Like 3

When she was younger it was just like a unique name but now she's all grown up, her name most of the time is recognized as a star wars character.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

According to the U.S. Social Security Administration (2014) the following names were given/recorded in that year alone:

Anakin (218)

Kylo (8)

Lando (4)

Obi (12)

Leia (605)

Finn (770)

Luke (10,431)

Mace (61)

Padme (14)

• Like 4

Good question, Jessy!  If you go to the Social Security Administration site (and other places) you can find out this out.  Note that those names were just for the U.S., and just for that year.   Who knows how many more were done all over the world!

After TFA was released in 2015, Kylo was was the fastest growing baby name for boys.  Here are some stats for 2017:

Leia- 1005 girls

Kylo- 238 boys, 7 girls

Jedi-  32 boys

Anakin-  303 boys, 7 girls

Rey-  254 BOYS, 63 girls  Not sure why you would name a boy Rey, but hey, this is the 21st century and I guess anything goes!

8 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Leia- 1005 girls

Kylo- 238 boys, 7 girls

Jedi-  32 boys

Anakin-  303 boys, 7 girls

Rey-  254 BOYS, 63 girls  Not sure why you would name a boy Rey, but hey, this is the 21st century and I guess anything goes!

I love that Leia is climbing so hi, I love that name

Actually before Star Wars I've always known Ray/Rey as a boy's name.

I wonder how many of those "Jedi" are first name or middle names...

Not kids and fur baby specifically but in the world of roller derby there are numerous SW inspired derby names; Darth Brawl, Princess Slaya, and Juke Skywalker to name a few.

(A juke is a dynamic move enabling a skater to be in two places simultaneously. Or so it seems if you’re the blocker.)

• Like 1