Canadaboy37's ANH Stunt Build (MTK)

Canadaboy37

So BBB Day has finally arrived, and I'm beyond ecstatic! I'm not even scared about my first cut...yet lol.

57oQfzt.jpg

EIQ7Vtt.jpg

hXvItvv.jpg

Before I make any cuts, I'm going to mark L and R pieces with my painters tape, as they were packed in the box in a definite order and I laid them out on the floor following that.  And I'll practice on the hand guards first (as I bought  silicon guards from Trooperbay).  The beauty part is that an extra set of ears was included so I don't feel quite as daunted about messing one of those up (which in all my reading appears to be one of the most difficult parts to do).

The only things left outstanding to get are a belt (which I might just make myself), holster, and an E-11 (since I'm going for Centurion).  I have plenty to keep me busy for now.

Looking forward to sharing my progress as it goes!

• Like 2

Best of luck!  Measure six times and cut once.  Sounds boring but it'll save you a headache!

After the hand guards, start low... as in shins upward.  I started with the most visible pieces when I was the least bit knowledgeable, and as a result made some decisions and cuts I wished I hadn't on very visible areas.  Everything's fixable, but get your legs under you (pun sort of intended) before you move on to the high visibility parts of the build.

Since it looks like you've got 2mm ABS, I highly recommend the score and snap method for cutting.  You'll wear your thumbs out cutting the abs, and the lines are never straight where you need them.  Erasable pencils are also your friends.

Enjoy the journey!

Edited by Bullseye
  • Like 1

Congratulations Steve, Good luck with your Build, be confidence on asking whatever you need , there's a lot of experienced troopers here and you can look at the https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/ section an get tons of tips.

Cheers

:jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

Everything's been properly labeled as L or R, and I've rough trimmed one and a half shins (pics tomorrow, getting tired).  The second shin has been going much more smoothly and quickly than the first one as I gain confidence.  Going to have a fun and busy weekend trimming and gluing.  Having read all the build posts, studied all the photos, and watched videos numerous times has really helped me be positive and jump right in.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Canadaboy37 said:

Everything's been properly labeled as L or R, and I've rough trimmed one and a half shins (pics tomorrow, getting tired).  The second shin has been going much more smoothly and quickly than the first one as I gain confidence.  Going to have a fun and busy weekend trimming and gluing.  Having read all the build posts, studied all the photos, and watched videos numerous times has really helped me be positive and jump right in.

You are on the right way , Go get it !!  :jc_doublethumbup:  

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Canadaboy37 said:

Been awhile and I’ve been busy.  Wanted some feedback on my helmet so far.

Do I need to do the teeth more?  Eyes?  How are the ears looking?

Thanks!

Hi Steve, great work you're doing.

As I can see,  you can trim the teeth alittle more, jus a couple of mm.

For the Ears it looks that the rigth side is a little bit more inclined than the left one.

Here a couple of reference photos .  Cheers

KCO8RZjCeGLkUrH2xRiWWWzvIJt0Loyi2YPEm4hh

9FrbJZbe6QtG-rUiWHS-aq6-cCG2Q6H2HjeEeC69 

2sUNGwZjDrRrtzUVag1mh4oBh7SRH_yEYXYj8P6w

sumXnUonWBfAlxmkqhmT-SALxTU4mUtn0_8sOFTA

I think your ears could use a little bit more taken off in terms of their overall thickness. The reference photos posted by Mario can be used to compare. It's possible some of it is phone camera distortion, but I am thinking you could remove a few mms of thickness under the main ear section.

8 hours ago, lucnak said:

I think your ears could use a little bit more taken off in terms of their overall thickness. The reference photos posted by Mario can be used to compare. It's possible some of it is phone camera distortion, but I am thinking you could remove a few mms of thickness under the main ear section.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking, too.  Just being super cautious about it.

• Like 1