Wtf build.

Thenewguy13

I apologize upfront as I did not take many pics of the start of this build but will try to make up for it with the rest. This build has been very trying as I am only 5’6”. Lots of trimming and joining has been done. Photo above is what I have done thus far. Back plate is a little low but hope to correct that soon. Working on forearms and belt next. This is my first ever build of any kind of this magnitude. 4NkK7Wj.jpg

mKcsc4v.jpg

back side. Like I stated earlier have to raise the back about an inch and a half. But everything else looks correct. Excuse the piece of tape photo bombing the pic. Also the left arm bicep had slipped down. That has been corrected 

Edited by Thenewguy13
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

You can remove the return edge from the shoulder bells ( can let 2 mm) so you can have more room to reduce the gap between the shoulder and chest.

cheers

JP797Zqh7lRYNAo9FiCett9QaNKBnUjpopxk9UGq

e0CEVfSNMgAitI9Ytc1jv1qCFy5dMlczYUfR2mPH

That’s a good idea. Thank you for letting me know I was not sure if that would make it less screen accurate and thus keep me from getting 501st approved. I also ordered the shorter thigh setup from Walt’s with a few other parts I feel I need to upgrade. Not sure how long that will be until I get those but I’ll try to finish everything else in the meantime. 

Edited by Thenewguy13
  • Like 1

looking good, small steps will get you over the line, measure twice and cut once.

If you are ever unsure don't proceed until you have asked many questions and photos do help.

Even if you don't have a question post up your progress photos.

Edited by Mworm1974

13 hours ago, Mworm1974 said:

looking good, small steps will get you over the line, measure twice and cut once.

If you are ever unsure don't proceed until you have asked many questions and photos do help.

Even if you don't have a question post up your progress photos.

Yes sir I have been measuring 3 times before any cutaneous just to make sure before cutting Ect. I will be readjusting my snap setup this weekend as there are some week spots and parts that don’t sit how I want them to Sit. 

• Like 2

So ran to a little issue the split rivets I ordered are way to short. I need ones with longer ends. Anybody have any extras they can sell me or know we’re I can get the proper ones? I ordered some from a guy on the pages but have not heard back from him and that was like 3 weeks ago lol. 

6 hours ago, Thenewguy13 said:

So ran to a little issue the split rivets I ordered are way to short. I need ones with longer ends. Anybody have any extras they can sell me or know we’re I can get the proper ones? I ordered some from a guy on the pages but have not heard back from him and that was like 3 weeks ago lol. 

I’ll check when I get home:duim:

Boots in from IB. They are very well made. Still experimenting with what type of closing I wa t for shins I like the elastic and hook method but also like the security of the Velcro. 

1ewuKn6.jpg

Edited by Thenewguy13

7 hours ago, Thenewguy13 said:

Boots in from IB. They are very well made. Still experimenting with what type of closing I wa t for shins I like the elastic and hook method but also like the security of the Velcro. 

1ewuKn6.jpg

Looking good future trooper! If I may, give the magnetic closure a look. Easy to put on and off.