Help me: used Anovos Helmet remove cigarette smoke smell

If its in the plastic, its harder to remove.  If I were you, I would try an odor absorber.  After hurricane Katrina, everyone's refrigerators were foul smelling because food had been rotting inside for weeks or even months.  The smells were thought impossible to remove.  I had already replaced my old refrigerator, but I was determined to remove the smells so I could use it as a back up fridge in my garage.  I bought these canisters of odor absorbers from Home Depot in the cleaner aisles.  It took me a a couple of weeks of leaving an absorber in the unit and replacing it each week, but it really did the trick.  I do not know if it will work with your ABS helmet, but I assure you, it took a most horrible smell imaginable and sucked it out of that full sized refrigerator.

It was called OdoBan and they are about $3 a canister.  Just something that might help you.  Good luck trooper!

• Like 2

On 9/24/2019 at 7:44 AM, Shanester said:

If its in the plastic, its harder to remove.  If I were you, I would try an odor absorber.  After hurricane Katrina, everyone's refrigerators were foul smelling because food had been rotting inside for weeks or even months.  The smells were thought impossible to remove.  I had already replaced my old refrigerator, but I was determined to remove the smells so I could use it as a back up fridge in my garage.  I bought these canisters of odor absorbers from Home Depot in the cleaner aisles.  It took me a a couple of weeks of leaving an absorber in the unit and replacing it each week, but it really did the trick.  I do not know if it will work with your ABS helmet, but I assure you, it took a most horrible smell imaginable and sucked it out of that full sized refrigerator.

It was called OdoBan and they are about $3 a canister.  Just something that might help you.  Good luck trooper!

Thanks I'll give that a try.   I didn't know that they made a product like that.  I've use thier spray products and been very impressed.  

• Like 1

Duane, before Hurricane Katrina, I didn't know they existed either.  Frankly, I was skeptical when I bought them, but after about a week, I could tell a big difference.  I just hope it works for you.

• Like 1

The Odoban absorbers arrived last night.  For anyone looking for them they are about the size of a can of chewing tobacco/small hockey puck.  They are called "Odoban Solid Odor Absorber". 

One full day of the absorber being under the helmet on the shelf and I swear there is already a huge difference.  I think these are going to do the trick.

• Like 4