Sea_Marshall: Greetings from the Bay Area, CA.

Sea_Marshall

Hello FISD, 

I'm Chuck, TKID-32117, of the Golden Gate Garrison. I recently joined the 501st in Sept 2018 and really enjoy the building aspect of this organization and hobby. I really enjoy the work in progress bit as it helps keep me focused on the build and documenting my work through photos helps ensure a high quality aspect to the work and attention to detail. Perhaps folks will look to my WIP for answers of their own, as I too wobble through the process. 

So here I am! On another build in a different detachment. I've got WIPs on the Bounty Hunter's Guild and Sith Lord detachments for Boba Fett (ESB) and Darth Maul (TPM). I'm going to start a Captain Phasma (TFA) WIP here and would appreciate feedback if anyone cares to follow along. Just wanted to say hello in the intro area and will mosey on over to the Phasma build threads. I'm not familiar with TKs and have only assisted suiting up a few OT TKs in my short time in the Legion, but here goes nothing! 

Hope to hear from a few folks as I figure this stuff out. 

Chuck

• Like 1

Hey Chuck!!! So awesome you're working on a Phasma! Are you using a KB kit? If so, you can probably crib a bunch of ideas from the KB FOTK builds. I particularly recommend Ruthar and Anzo's KB build threads.

1 hour ago, shashachu said:

Hey Chuck!!! So awesome you're working on a Phasma! Are you using a KB kit? If so, you can probably crib a bunch of ideas from the KB FOTK builds. I particularly recommend Ruthar and Anzo's KB build threads.

Hi Shasha! I haven't committed to a set of armor yet, but am heavily leaning towards Shawn Thorrson's fiberglass kit. I've got his helmet in hand and have met him on several occasions, in passing, to talk about building Phasma. He looks to be a one stop shop for most of the kit and I've been off and on the fence for about a year now. I've heard good things about his kit and figure, since he's local, if I need replacement parts, he's not far from home.