Rogue One TK Resources - Where to Get Stuff!

11b30b4

9 hours ago, CountCunning said:

I see on the CRL that there's an option for a baton and holster. Has anyone got a bead on the model of baton and type of holster used?

I went looking at one point and I don't think it has... The one Jyn Erso uses has pretty good reference and has been replicated, but I don't believe the stormtrooper one has. When I went looking, I discovered that they were illegal to own in my US state, so I gave up haha

Unfortunately there was very little screen reference material and although a rough idea of how they look was added an actual make was not found.

This was the only clear shot I could find

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-1465.jpg&

• Sly11 featured this topic

@11b30b4 Please add Sheev's Emporium to the soft parts vendor list at your convenience. They have started consistently providing undersuit gaskets and they look excellent!

https://www.facebook.com/sheevsemporium

124275133_1707839539385252_1952236067084

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 5

• Sly11 pinned this topic
  • 5 months later...

Well.... After speaking with several others and having to file a grievence against them myself via paypal, I think Head Shot Props needs to be removed from this list of vendors. Or at least a warning needs to be posted. 

I haven't spoken to anyone that has gotten an order from them in a while. One person told me they were purposely strung along in order to miss the 180 day time frame to file a complaint through PayPal. Thankfully, I kept messaging them nearly daily until I simply asked for an answer: will you be shipping out my helmet, yes or no. A week went by with no answer and so I escalated it. They eventually gave me my money back with no explanation. I was lucky. Some people have been waiting months and have gotten nothing and heard nothing.

The first excuse was something to the effect of "Well.... the pandemic hit us hard. But I'll get a really nice helmet cast for you." 

Anyway..... it's unfortunate because there are so few vendors for R1TK armor. I'd avoid this one at all cost if I were you. 

• Like 4

Good information Jason, I think we can suspend them from the list until we get some positive feedback again.

Please note.  I have amended the listing on page 1 of this thread with the following

Please Note HeadShotProps is temporarily  suspended as a recommended vendor, until they are back to normal and gain positive feedback from our members.

HeadShotProps                Armor, Helmet                https://www.etsy.com/listing/830810037/rogue-one-stormtrooper-armor-kit?ref=shop_home_feat_4

The armor is vacuum formed and looks very similar to 850AW, although the TD looks better in the pics than the 850AW TD. The helmet looks to be a nice pull, this helmet is roto cast with greebles.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Good information Jason, I think we can suspend them from the list until we get some positive feedback again.

Please note.  I have amended the listing on page 1 of this thread with the following

Please Note HeadShotProps is temporarily  suspended as a recommended vendor, until they are back to normal and gain positive feedback from our members.

HeadShotProps                Armor, Helmet                https://www.etsy.com/listing/830810037/rogue-one-stormtrooper-armor-kit?ref=shop_home_feat_4

The armor is vacuum formed and looks very similar to 850AW, although the TD looks better in the pics than the 850AW TD. The helmet looks to be a nice pull, this helmet is roto cast with greebles.

Good call on that.  I just noticed they have quite a few bad reviews on their Etsy page because of slow shipping/no shipping/no communication.  What a shame.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Good call on that.  I just noticed they have quite a few bad reviews on their Etsy page because of slow shipping/no shipping/no communication.  What a shame.

Thanks for taking care of this. It is a real shame. I had ordered a helmet from them and, fortunately, was able to get my money back. Apparently quite a few people have lost money on purchases because they were pushed over the 180 days limit to file complaints through Paypal. I really hope they get things figured out. We need more New Anthology TK vendors. 

• 3 months later...

Ok, post hasn't been updated in a few months, but I wanted to chime in as we start ramping up the Anthology/ Remnant forums. Of course, this isn't to diminish the ROTK at all, the items I'm adding can be used for that costume as well. Here's a few things I'd like to see added to the list. I'll also chime in on a few items in Jeff's list that I've tried out.

First and foremost, I want to start with Imperial Boots' new undersuit. This thing is phenomenal and I am preordering one ASAP.
LzY1izW.pnga

For comparison, let me post the Kenobi set leak photo:
c48mVHc.jpg

I'd say they nailed it. When I spoke to them last night, Vincent told me it's being made of elastane (spandex) blended cotton, so it's going to be a little more breathable than other jersey knit offerings out there. It'll still be a warm suit, but not nearly as bad as others.  Reach out to Vincent via the Imperial Boots Facebook page for preorder instructions.

Boots:

Crowprops: I'd like to add them to the list. When I first looked into their store a year ago they didn't have half the offerings they have now, but they've really ramped up production. I've spoken with others who have their Mandalorian and Clone boots and they're all pretty happy. The soles of their boots are slightly "chunkier" than the Imperial Boots, but they look like a good option.

--EDIT-- Last night I met two other people from my garrison who were wearing Crowprops boots; they both had very positive things to say. I don't own any Crowprops products, but they seem to have good support from customers. Just  an extra two cents.

Neck Seal:
Sheev's Emporium (Facebook): I bought my ICAT neck seal from Sheev's and it's absolutely awesome. This Ribs are individualy stitched and fabric is not overly heavy. David will respond to messages on Facebook and is incredibly helpful. He does his neck seals in runs so it's best to reach out and ask when he's planning on making TKs. Watch his Facebook page, it's updated regularly.
-Note- Last time I spoke to David, he indicated that his ICAT neck seal is the one he'll make for ROTKs as well. I didn't think about it until now, but after looking at the reference photos, we never get a good look at the neck seal. Regardless, Sheev's has horizontal ribbing on the apron section:
2als1wh.jpg

ImperialSeamstress (Etsy): I bought a Shoretrooper neck seal from Rebecca and it's fantastic. Quality rivals anything else I've seen; it may actually be better. Vendor is located in the UK and items are custom made, so if you're in the US, it takes about a month. I've referred a few STs to her and they all like their seals.

E-11:

Request to add 3d-props.com to the list. You can buy their fairly accurate .stl files, or have them build the blaster for you. However, if you have them build it, it'll cost you a lot and it takes a while. I printed their E-22 and it's by far the best looking and most accurate one out there. Company is in the Netherlands, so sometimes communication is slow if you're stateside. For files, you'll basically order and he'll send you a Dropbox link. I haven't heard the greatest reviews on their ordering process for complete blasters, but when I saw my friend's I was blown away. Unfortunately, his was sent broken and he had to fight to get a new one. Be warned, regardless of how good they look, they're 3d printed, so don't drop it. However, the base of the blaster is made of an aluminum pipe.
When you compare the base blaster to the Sterling Airsoft, they're nearly identical, but some other parts such as the power cylinders, Hengstler counter, and T-tracks are off a little. Probably not off enough to be noticed, but there's a few people out there who will. Fortunately, if this bugs you, there's others who have made 3d files available for download. This blaster is suited well for electronics and just looks awesome. This blaster is perfect for someone who needs one while we wait for new makers to come forward. Here's a pic:
cHj6xyc.jpg

Here's a pic of my incomplete E-22 so you can see how it looks when you print it yourself:
dGbHTSO.jpg

Now to update a few items on the current list:

Armor:
Jimmiroquai: This is the way... enough said. Jimi's armor has set the standard that others should emulate. Actually, there's others out there that have gone as far as to recast Jimi's kit, but I think they've all been identified. I love my helmet, but I did have to tweak it a little for accuracy sake. However, my modifications weren't anything required for basic approval and were minor to say the least. Furthermore, I didn't mention Jimi's undersuit earlier, but his kit is an excellent alternative for hot weather months. It kind of reminds me of a football practice jersey from the 80's. It's accurate where it needs to be and is the lightest, most breathable kit available. I keep putting it off, but I'll be ordering one from Jimi soon.

850 Armor Works: I've now spoken to more people who have sold their 850 kits as have built them. This isn't limited to TKs but other kits as well. I've actually 3D printed 2 Sean Fields Shoretrooper kits for people who wanted to replace their inaccurate 850 costume. I reached out to them to order two separate pieces that they have advertised on their website and it didn't go well. Initial response to emails were quick, but when I followed up with other questions they ghosted me. Additionally they told me to order what I wanted and they'd make it if they had leftover plastic from a Deathtrooper run. Think about that for a moment... I know plenty of people have received their costumes and they're ok with them, but my personal experiences leave a lot to be desired for. Sorry.

Nico Henderson: Nico's great and his helmet lives up to it's reputation. I've printed one off for a Mimban costume, but will likely print another when I get my printers set up again. His helmet is larger than I expected, but is probably the most accurate one out there. Nico had plans to make a full armor set and posted his initial pics on Facebook, but I spoke to him a while ago and he has postponed this project for the time being. If Nico does put this together, I believe him when he says it's going to be "accurate as $#!+" (his words not mine) ;).

Soft Goods:
See my posts above for requested additions.

Darkside Closet: This was my first shirt and gasket combo. Very high quality, but also very thick and hot. Mike is an incredible guy and will go out of his way to help you out when you reach out to him. However, he's not a large operation and has a long wait list. When I last checked, it was over four months. The DSC items are a little more pricey than other offerings, but it's nice, however, I may have to get someone else's opinion on whether the ribs constitute the "all ribbing [must be] stitched between each rib" as required for Centurion. Here's a picture of my ribbing:

XScFwEB.jpg

SQo0nbS.jpg

For comparison, here's the stitching on my Sheev's neckseal which looks similar to the stitching found on Jimi's undersuit:

APahSvM.jpg

Having spoken to Mike a few times, I know that for Shoretroopers he'll make what he calls the "level 2 shirt" which has individually stitched ribs as pictured above. He'd likely change things up for your TK shirt if you ask, but it'll cost more. Also, when I look closely at the ribbing, I can see the stitching, but it's just not a prevalent as what's shown. I think it fits the requirement, but someone else would have to make that call. 

E-11s:

Hyperfirm and Praetorian are no longer making blasters. Doopy Doos web page has shown "out of stock" for over a year now.

Edited by BigJasoni
Added more stuff about Crowprops
  • Like 3

Good to keep these lists fluid, add and remove as necessary.

Take a look at the FOTK resource list. It would be good to replicate that format here so ultimately all are vendor/component lists have the same look. What do you think?

3 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Good to keep these lists fluid, add and remove as necessary.

Take a look at the FOTK resource list. It would be good to replicate that format here so ultimately all are vendor/component lists have the same look. What do you think?

Andrew,
I love that Jeff put this list together and feel that any costume could benefit from the very same treatment. The format is very easy to understand. Having spoken to several FOTKs over the last few months, including one last night at a local troop, something like this would help. We also fielded a ton of questions from people asking how to get started and this would be the perfect thing to point them towards. Unfortunately, I'm only beginning to understand the FO armor, otherwise I'd be on it.

Ok, post hasn't been updated in a few months, but I wanted to chime in as we start ramping up the Anthology/ Remnant forums. Of course, this isn't to diminish the ROTK at all, the items I'm adding can be used for that costume as well. Here's a few things I'd like to see added to the list. I'll also chime in on a few items in Jeff's list that I've tried out.

First and foremost, I want to start with Imperial Boots' new undersuit. This thing is phenomenal and I am preordering one ASAP.
LzY1izW.pnga

For comparison, let me post the Kenobi set leak photo:
c48mVHc.jpg
I'd say they nailed it. When I spoke to them last night, Vincent told me it's being made of elastane (spandex) blended cotton, so it's going to be a little more breathable than other jersey knit offerings out there. It'll still be a warm suit, but not nearly as bad as others.  Reach out to Vincent via the Imperial Boots Facebook page for preorder instructions.

Boots:
Crowprops: I'd like to add them to the list. When I first looked into their store a year ago they didn't have half the offerings they have now, but they've really ramped up production. I've spoken with others who have their Mandalorian and Clone boots and they're all pretty happy. The soles of their boots are slightly "chunkier" than the Imperial Boots, but they look like a good option.
--EDIT-- Last night I met two other people from my garrison who were wearing Crowprops boots; they both had very positive things to say. I don't own any Crowprops products, but they seem to have good support from customers. Just  an extra two cents.

Neck Seal:
Sheev's Emporium (Facebook): I bought my ICAT neck seal from Sheev's and it's absolutely awesome. This Ribs are individualy stitched and fabric is not overly heavy. David will respond to messages on Facebook and is incredibly helpful. He does his neck seals in runs so it's best to reach out and ask when he's planning on making TKs. Watch his Facebook page, it's updated regularly.
-Note- Last time I spoke to David, he indicated that his ICAT neck seal is the one he'll make for ROTKs as well. I didn't think about it until now, but after looking at the reference photos, we never get a good look at the neck seal. Regardless, Sheev's has horizontal ribbing on the apron section:
2als1wh.jpg

ImperialSeamstress (Etsy): I bought a Shoretrooper neck seal from Rebecca and it's fantastic. Quality rivals anything else I've seen; it may actually be better. Vendor is located in the UK and items are custom made, so if you're in the US, it takes about a month. I've referred a few STs to her and they all like their seals.

E-11:
Request to add 3d-props.com to the list. You can buy their fairly accurate .stl files, or have them build the blaster for you. However, if you have them build it, it'll cost you a lot and it takes a while. I printed their E-22 and it's by far the best looking and most accurate one out there. Company is in the Netherlands, so sometimes communication is slow if you're stateside. For files, you'll basically order and he'll send you a Dropbox link. I haven't heard the greatest reviews on their ordering process for complete blasters, but when I saw my friend's I was blown away. Unfortunately, his was sent broken and he had to fight to get a new one. Be warned, regardless of how good they look, they're 3d printed, so don't drop it. However, the base of the blaster is made of an aluminum pipe.
When you compare the base blaster to the Sterling Airsoft, they're nearly identical, but some other parts such as the power cylinders, Hengstler counter, and T-tracks are off a little. Probably not off enough to be noticed, but there's a few people out there who will. Fortunately, if this bugs you, there's others who have made 3d files available for download. This blaster is suited well for electronics and just looks awesome. This blaster is perfect for someone who needs one while we wait for new makers to come forward. Here's a pic:
cHj6xyc.jpg
Here's a pic of my incomplete E-22 so you can see how it looks when you print it yourself:
dGbHTSO.jpg

Now to update a few items on the current list:

Armor:
Jimmiroquai: This is the way... enough said. Jimi's armor has set the standard that others should emulate. Actually, there's others out there that have gone as far as to recast Jimi's kit, but I think they've all been identified. I love my helmet, but I did have to tweak it a little for accuracy sake. However, my modifications weren't anything required for basic approval and were minor to say the least. Furthermore, I didn't mention Jimi's undersuit earlier, but his kit is an excellent alternative for hot weather months. It kind of reminds me of a football practice jersey from the 80's. It's accurate where it needs to be and is the lightest, most breathable kit available. I keep putting it off, but I'll be ordering one from Jimi soon.

850 Armor Works: I've now spoken to more people who have sold their 850 kits as have built them. This isn't limited to TKs but other kits as well. I've actually 3D printed 2 Sean Fields Shoretrooper kits for people who wanted to replace their inaccurate 850 costume. I reached out to them to order two separate pieces that they have advertised on their website and it didn't go well. Initial response to emails were quick, but when I followed up with other questions they ghosted me. Additionally they told me to order what I wanted and they'd make it if they had leftover plastic from a Deathtrooper run. Think about that for a moment... I know plenty of people have received their costumes and they're ok with them, but my personal experiences leave a lot to be desired for. Sorry.

Nico Henderson: Nico's great and his helmet lives up to it's reputation. I've printed one off for a Mimban costume, but will likely print another when I get my printers set up again. His helmet is larger than I expected, but is probably the most accurate one out there. Nico had plans to make a full armor set and posted his initial pics on Facebook, but I spoke to him a while ago and he has postponed this project for the time being. If Nico does put this together, I believe him when he says it's going to be "accurate as $#!+" (his words not mine) .

Soft Goods:
See my posts above for requested additions.

Darkside Closet: This was my first shirt and gasket combo. Very high quality, but also very thick and hot. Mike is an incredible guy and will go out of his way to help you out when you reach out to him. However, he's not a large operation and has a long wait list. When I last checked, it was over four months. The DSC items are a little more pricey than other offerings, but it's nice, however, I may have to get someone else's opinion on whether the ribs constitute the "all ribbing [must be] stitched between each rib" as required for Centurion. Here's a picture of my ribbing:
XScFwEB.jpg
SQo0nbS.jpg
For comparison, here's the stitching on my Sheev's neckseal which looks similar to the stitching found on Jimi's undersuit:

APahSvM.jpg

Having spoken to Mike a few times, I know that for Shoretroopers he'll make what he calls the "level 2 shirt" which has individually stitched ribs as pictured above. He'd likely change things up for your TK shirt if you ask, but it'll cost more. Also, when I look closely at the ribbing, I can see the stitching, but it's just not a prevalent as what's shown. I think it fits the requirement, but someone else would have to make that call. 

E-11s:

Hyperfirm and Praetorian are no longer making blasters. Doopy Doos web page has shown "out of stock" for over a year now.

Really nice additions. Sheev's was working on an undersuit as well. Not sure if they ever finished it.

Looking into Crowprops now. That's a great tip.

Agree that 3d-props has a great E-11 model. There are a few others floating around. Oxprops has one that prints really well. Need to get him to including spacing for electronics.

2 hours ago, JasonG said:

Sheev's was working on an undersuit as well. Not sure if they ever finished it.

I'm not sure if David is still working on this. I'll reach out to him again, but all he's got planned for the rest of 2021 are FOTK kits and various neck seals. I believe he was going to make the accurate Shoretrooper romper, but his site now says Shore and Deathtroopers are discontinued.

2 hours ago, JasonG said:

Oxprops has one that prints really well. Need to get him to including spacing for electronics.

Oxprops has a few good items and he's fairly active on a few of the boards. I believe he modeled his E-11 after the Hero Version. David has also made a few other 3d models that'll come in handy for anthology builds.

10 hours ago, BigJasoni said:

Andrew,
I love that Jeff put this list together and feel that any costume could benefit from the very same treatment. The format is very easy to understand. Having spoken to several FOTKs over the last few months, including one last night at a local troop, something like this would help. We also fielded a ton of questions from people asking how to get started and this would be the perfect thing to point them towards. Unfortunately, I'm only beginning to understand the FO armor, otherwise I'd be on it.

Sorry for any confusion, I meant the other way around. :)

Keep the list simple, titles highlighted in colour and links supplied, so the list is quick to read/reference.

The bulked out version is good but very large. My thoughts were around quick reference and a streamlined approach.

Don't get me wrong, I love the images in he R1 list, I would just like to build a sub forum for that newer section and have an easy list to fall under that.

This is part of the FOTK list look. As you can see we have COO (Country of Origin) some descriptors which indeed could be fleshed out a little more, what parts they supply under headings and links to there platform and/or email addresses.

Armor:

Jimmiroquai - Origin PHILIPPINES: Kits are partially assembled/fully trimmed lightweight fiberglass (ready for rigging and painting). No issues with quality or service reported.  Contact for delivery times/price details. Link Here, Email

KB - Origin USA: Kits are made of ABS and will need to be trimmed and assembled. No issues with quality or service reported. Contact for delivery times/price details. Link Here, Email Here

Armoryshop Props - Origin RUSSIA: Supplies a range of First Order Armour and Specialised 3Dprinted Helmets Link Here

Armor vendors under review:

850 - Origin USA: Kits are made of ABS and will need to be trimmed and assembled. No issues with quality or service reported. Contact for delivery times/price details. Link Here

Imperial Surplus - Origin USA: Kits are made of ABS and require trimming and assembly. Quality has been solid and service good when he is producing.

Link here

WTF - Origin USATFA and TLJ new kit awaiting member feed back and reviews for quality etc. Kit made of ABS with some resin parts.

Anovos-  Offers a "Pre-order" FO kit at this time, but due to legal issues and extended (1 year plus) wait times is no longer recommended.

Soft goods vendors:

Soft goods assorted (Soulart) - Origin CANADA: Neck seals, Harnesses, Shiny biker shorts, First Order gaskets, Phasma capes.  Link Here

Soft goods assorted (Imperial Gaskets) - Origin USA: Rubber gaskets, Pauldrons and Waist belts.  FB contact

Soft goods assorted (Trooper Bay) - Origin USALink Here

43 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

Sorry for any confusion, I meant the other way around. :)

Keep the list simple, titles highlighted in colour and links supplied, so the list is quick to read/reference.

The bulked out version is good but very large. My thoughts were around quick reference and a streamlined approach.

Don't get me wrong, I love the images in he R1 list, I would just like to build a sub forum for that newer section and have an easy list to fall under that.

This is part of the FOTK list look. As you can see we have COO (Country of Origin) some descriptors which indeed could be fleshed out a little more, what parts they supply under headings and links to there platform and/or email addresses.

Got it. That's perfect. Let's disregard the pics, I think I got a little carried away. I'll update in that format. Also, we had a garrison get together tonight and I got a few more leads on some items. I'm going to research them and put them out there.

• Like 2

What we could do is a gallery and have a link from the list to that. Keeps the list clean and easy to peruse but if you want more, the gallery would have all the images and the makers name as a tag to the image.

It's just a thought and only my opinion, others may well disagree :)

Eventually we will also build the reference guides as we have for the R1 and many of our other costumes. Wingnut (Jeff) does a brilliant job of these and we link them to the appropriate sections.

I am all for giving our members the best chance and a first off approval not just at basic but also at our higher levels.

• Like 1

Lenses info added to first post:

Green Rogue One TK lenses to fit the Nico Henderson helmet Mr Paul's Shoretrooper Build https://www.facebook.com/totalgrunt

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Noidka said:

Just FYI, 850armorworks does make a resin cast r1tk helmet. The r1tk armor is vac formed as well.

From the first page ;) 

"850 Armor Works             Armor, Helmet, Under Suit           https://850armorworks.com/

850 AW is offering vacuum formed ROTK armor. They produce this armor in ABS and it looks accurate from the pictures I have seen. They also offer a helmet and undersuit now."

• Like 1

• TheRascalKing changed the title to Rogue One TK Resources - Where to Get Stuff!
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, crow62 said:

I use to make TK R1 boots too, can you add me in the list please?

Here the link:

https://crowprops.bigcartel.com/product/fo-r1-tk

Sure thing,

Can you please let me know how you organise runs etc, so we have a bit more info to place in the vendor list at the top of this thread?

• 1 month later...

however, I may have to get someone else's opinion on whether the ribs constitute the "all ribbing [must be] stitched between each rib" as required for Centurion. Here's a picture of my ribbing:
XScFwEB.jpg
SQo0nbS.jpg

Hey did you ever come to a conclusion regarding the rib stitching on the DarkSide Closet soft goods? Jimis undersuit tailor isn't currently available and I'm looking for an alternative that meets level 3 approval.