850th Armorworks FO TFA

csikora

I picked up a set of FOTK from a garrison member. The armor is not approved yet as he no longer wanted it. I have to finish the harness and a few other things.  My helmet is Dave's Armory but looks good till i upgrade it down the road. 

I want to know if anyone has 850th armor works armor that's First order and how they like it? I know its not Anovos or another great prop maker Jsin_props. I did see a few cracks i need to fix. I plan on uploading some pictures on here this weekend to get more advice on fixing it.

If anyone can help me out more and when I post pictures for others to see how it looks. I have a clone trooper so anything i mess up on can be just weather and treated as battle damage. This being my first TK I know things have to be kept looking nice.

Looking forward to seeing some photos. One of our DO's has 850 armor @shashachu I'm sure she'll be along and post some comments ;) 

Hi!

I have both a KB and 850 kit and am doing the world's slowest FOTK build. I am planning on using the 850 back and chest/yoke, but KB everything else because the 850 kit is so much smaller in the chest and back. However, the pulls are very bad. There are large dents and warping in the back piece, and I will need to sand down and Bondo the whole thing smooth. 850 *should* be approvable, but in my opinion it's very much a 'you get what you pay for' situation, as the kit is MUCH cheaper than any alternative, but requires a lot of work. Please post pics - I'm really interested to see them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, shashachu said:

Hi!

I have both a KB and 850 kit and am doing the world's slowest FOTK build. I am planning on using the 850 back and chest/yoke, but KB everything else because the 850 kit is so much smaller in the chest and back. However, the pulls are very bad. There are large dents and warping in the back piece, and I will need to sand down and Bondo the whole thing smooth. 850 *should* be approvable, but in my opinion it's very much a 'you get what you pay for' situation, as the kit is MUCH cheaper than any alternative, but requires a lot of work. Please post pics - I'm really interested to see them.

Hello!

Yeah, what i noticed also on a few of the parts I've seen myself. I though for it all done i just need to adjust it to my body. It be a good FOTK as a quick-ish approve. I will post pictures soon for you.

Thanks

You may just want to clean up a couple of the tube stripes so they match a little better

TeuwKOJ.jpg

8 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You may just want to clean up a couple of the tube stripes so they match a little better

TeuwKOJ.jpg

i did see they are not quite even. Only issue is they already have mesh under them with speakers installed under the helmets.

Coming along nicely, you may want to add some tabs under your yoke to keep the shoulder bells at the same height

3E71YXP.jpg

3 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Coming along nicely, you may want to add some tabs under your yoke to keep the shoulder bells at the same height

3E71YXP.jpg

Yeah i was looking at possibly doing that. For now they are just being held in by velcro under the yolks for this test fit I was also considering put bit of velcro and strap in the shoulder to the bicep to keep them from shifting when i move. Kinda similar to what i did to my animated clone.

Nice work just watch some of your armor spacing and angles

TD plate on an angle

Knee plates and gaps also shin/spats heights 

Elbow gaps quite large, maybe bring up your forearms a little.

Shoulder bells lower than yoke also bring them outward a little at the front, you have quite a big gap on the rear and just touching on the front

Cod is pretty low, you may want to try bring that up or you'll be hitting your thighs constantly

You may get a knock back with your baton, black series aren't quite accurate but depends on your GML

Good luck with approval.

54 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work just watch some of your armor spacing and angles

TD plate on an angle

Knee plates and gaps also shin/spats heights 

Elbow gaps quite large, maybe bring up your forearms a little.

Shoulder bells lower than yoke also bring them outward a little at the front, you have quite a big gap on the rear and just touching on the front

Cod is pretty low, you may want to try bring that up or you'll be hitting your thighs constantly

You may get a knock back with your baton, black series aren't quite accurate but depends on your GML

Good luck with approval.

Yeah I was trying to go off the crl as best as I could. 

I did feel that my cod needed to go up more. My cod isn’t on the outside p, might need to move it in the inside and then up. 

I got this long arms and long legs but short torso thing. 

The baton was just used for the action shot. My GML May approve it as our other fo uses it for his. So I’ll see on it. 

The shoulder bells I just need to move them back more with the velcro. That’s a easy fix I think.

ill see what my GML says first. The cod peice was a change I was thinking I might need to do 

1 hour ago, FN-1313 said:

I know I just commented on your other post, but I agree and think your armor is looking great! Glad to hear you were approved!

All good I responded to your other comment.

Thanks! It will do as first set of First Order armor. Even though this was second hand armor. It will do the job for some troops. 

• Like 1

I think that’s great to have another FOTK nonetheless. When I finished I think there were only 17 officially approved, so it’s cool you were able to get approved and we have another in the legion!

1 hour ago, FN-1313 said:

I think that’s great to have another FOTK nonetheless. When I finished I think there were only 17 officially approved, so it’s cool you were able to get approved and we have another in the legion!

Oh dang! Yeah I looked to see how many fotk TFA it’s now at 344 now. Wow! You got in when it was all starting