ANH Stormtrooper - TM Build

Apefeet

Hi. I've recently purchased a bespoke set of armour from Troopermaster and since receiving it, I've been saving up to buy the rest of the bits I need.  The final piece was the boots which arrive tomorrow, so I will be posting up pics for comments/tweaking in the next couple of days.

• Like 1

Hi Pete, welcome to FISD.

You can browse the Builds section of this forum to have some tips that can be usefull for your building process

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/6-anh-stunt-and-hero/

And there's a Gallery section where you can see some reference photos

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/

And finally you can ask whatever you need and I'm sure many experienced troopers are willing to help.

Good luck with your build and hope to see you process soon.

Cheers 

Edited by TKSpartan
word correction

Pre build armor is fine, some find they need to tweak the strapping to get the right gaps but we can give you some feedback once you have some photos :D 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Merry Christmas!  It's taken me a little while to get things due to real life, but I've managed to find a bit of time this afternoon to get some photos taken.

Would appreciate any comments at this point as to what I need to do to be ready for submitting. (Excuse the Paw Patrol tower...)

6KkJfA.pngNzQmvA.pngcsJ5p3.pngtvHbV1.pngede8nY.png

Looking good trooper, you may want to lower your left thigh or raise your right one so they both have the same gap with your cod piece. Also a piece of foam in your left thigh would also help to straight it up a bit (a common problem).

Also see if your biceps can be lifted a bit, will help with arm mobility.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looking good, Pete, but in addition to what has been mentioned I have a few other suggestions.

1.  Your hand plates are on upside down.

t9ht8w2.png    97ssgxv.jpg?1   gzU6dB3.jpg?1

2.  The rear cover strips on your calves are VERY wide, and "ideally" should be about 25 mm. Can I ask your height/weight?  The calves also need to come down at least 2 inches or so, otherwise the tops of your boots will be popping out constantly.  

ZUSsKiF.png?1      lWfBxBq.jpg?1    LkqQZ6h.jpg?1

2 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Looking good, Pete, but in addition to what has been mentioned I have a few other suggestions.

1.  Your hand plates are on upside down.

t9ht8w2.png    97ssgxv.jpg?1   gzU6dB3.jpg?1

2.  The rear cover strips on your calves are VERY wide, and "ideally" should be about 25 mm. Can I ask your height/weight?  The calves also need to come down at least 2 inches or so, otherwise the tops of your boots will be popping out constantly.  

ZUSsKiF.png?1      lWfBxBq.jpg?1    LkqQZ6h.jpg?1

Thank you for the comments. The hand plates are an easy fix haha

ok so the calves. I really struggled here. I’m 6”4, I weigh about 103kg and I have big calves (I do a lot of running). I also have big feet (UK size 13). 

I spoke with Paul at TM who made my armour for me as the first time the armour simply wouldn’t close as my calves were too big. His solution was the larger cover slips. 

The boots are also very wide at the top which probably isn’t helping either - I’m not convinced that I can actually push them down much further.

Are the large cover strips going to cause me issues with clearance?

1 hour ago, Apefeet said:

Are the large cover strips going to cause me issues with clearance?

That would depend on your GML when you apply.  Have you been in contact with the UK Garrison to see if there is someone who can help on a local level?  https://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/