850 Armor Works FOTK

csikora

I picked up a set of FOTK from a garrison member. The armor is not approved yet as he no longer wanted it. I have to finish the harness and a few other things.  My helmet is Dave's Armory but looks good till i upgrade it down the road. 

I want to know if anyone has 850th armor works armor that's First order and how they like it? I know its not Anovos or another great prop maker Jsin_props. I did see a few cracks i need to fix. I plan on uploading some pictures on here this weekend to get more advice on fixing it.

If anyone can help me out more and when I post pictures for others to see how it looks. I have a clone trooper so anything i mess up on can be just weather and treated as battle damage. This being my first TK I know things have to be kept looking nice.

Hi Chris you may be better off posting in the FOTK build threads, TFA or TLJ you'll get a lot more feedback there. Lots of great build threads to follow so I'm sure you'll be fine. looking forward to seeing some photos soon.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Chris,

I’m not sure if anyone in the other area responded much. I’ve heard mixed reviews. I have a fellow garrison member as well who has the 850 armor and he’s not been very happy with it. He’s felt it’s flimsy and he’s had to do a whole lot of maintenence and work to get it to a point that it was approved and stays looking good. 

So if I were to say much, I’d likely exercise caution there, but then again some others have said it’s been great. So they’ve got a mix of reviews.

1 hour ago, FN-1313 said:

Hey Chris,

I’m not sure if anyone in the other area responded much. I’ve heard mixed reviews. I have a fellow garrison member as well who has the 850 armor and he’s not been very happy with it. He’s felt it’s flimsy and he’s had to do a whole lot of maintenence and work to get it to a point that it was approved and stays looking good. 

So if I were to say much, I’d likely exercise caution there, but then again some others have said it’s been great. So they’ve got a mix of reviews.

Yeah I notice it too in lots of places of the flimsiness . The only armor parts that really are strong imo is the forearms. I’m happy with it being my first set of FO armor, but I know lots of maintenance is going to need to be done keeping it clean. Why I’ll only will be using it for certain troops. Since I enjoy my clone and how it’s quality really is. (Only had one break in the year and half I’ve had it and it was a area I could just use velcro on)

i do plan on looking at another set of fo armor fo a executioner. Thought of KB props on this one. Idk yet as I want something that will hold. Since soft parts are already here my cost will be down even more at least. 

I will say it’s nice to have fo armor, but I do see the flaws.