Sith Trooper?

Just saw a posting by a group selling new Sith Trooper armor.

ArmoryShop Props proud to release Sith Trooper Armor Kit! Based on Stage and Floor costumes this armor is as close to original as possible! We did our best to match every single detail and maintain proportions! 60+ parts, 2-3mm thick, functional boxes and flexible poncho. This kit offered as both: RAW Printed (PETG/SBS) and Finished (painted/glossed). Made upon your measurements for perfect fit! Available at our ETSY (www.armoryshop.etsy.com) and Web Store

I couldn't see the completed suit they mention to see a price but the completed helm ready to wear is $285 only 29 left available until they do another run.  Wanted to get peoples opinion cause they advertise made to measurements and being a "heftier" person that would be ideal if price is right.  But given no CRL to work from and evaluate not sure to pursue further.  

Edited by themaninthesuitcase
Fixed formatting of a quote to be more readable.

There are a couple of sith trooper groups on Facebook, just do a search for sith trooper and should come up.

There is a CRL work in process over at Spec Ops Forum who should be looking after the Sithtrooper  https://forum.specops501st.com/

With no actual armor made I'm a little skeptical about quality and I've not seen any of the files to check for details so it's really up to you to check references against what he is showing. 

Plenty of references posted on Spec Ops as well as here 

Going to play it safe.  Already did one purchase that was a complete fiasco and would hate to invest more and find out would not meet any CRL once done.  Better to wait and see than jump the gun to get in first run to avoid any wait times and burned again.  

• 2 weeks later...

My experience with ArmoryShop has been one of the best I’ve ever had with a vendor so far. That’s where I got my Death Trooper helmet. Absolutely top notch with excellent customer service. If you’re iffy about reputation, don’t be. ArmoryShop is the go to dealer in the Death Trooper community. His armor is also the CRL standard for the Patrol Trooper.

His finished Death Trooper armor runs around $1100 dollars or so, and I would imagine that’s the ballpark for the finished Sith armor when it goes up for sale. He’s already mentioned the full armor, completed, will not be available until after the release of TROS though. I assume he is holding off mainly to not be overbooked with preorders and to also make sure the armor meets the CRL requirements. 

If you visit the ArmoryShop Facebook page, they have been posting progress on the kit and so far it looks beautiful. 

Edited by DEVOLVER