Glen and 15,000 posts

Daetrin

There is an old saying (like over 10 years ago) about post counts.  I saw it in someone's sig when I was in my first year in the Legion and got excited to see my title change on MEPD as I jumped from 24 to 25 posts.  Man, did that seem a lot!  Anyway, the sig was something like:

You are not your TE armor

You are not your hyperfirm blaster

You are not your post count

TE along with AP at the time was the most accurate armor you could get.   Hyperfirm was light years ahead of the crappy resin blasters many of us started with.  And even 100 posts seemed like a lot.   It was a piece of excellent advice as some people did - and some continue to do - believe they are "better" because they have better kit, or have been in the Legion longer, or that having a huge post count somehow makes them superior. I've always kept coming back to this as a reminder that in the Legion - especially here on FISD - we are all troopers together and no one is above anyone else.

I've seen some people run up their post counts with a lot of "me too" and "welcome" posts, e.g. they seemed to reply to everything, not with anything meaningful but merely to bump up their post count.  I'm not saying post counts are bad.  For most, a high post count means they've been active here a long time and contributed much to the community.  

Even 1000 posts is a lot.  1000 is a veteran for sure, right?  How about 10,000?  Can you count everyone with 10,000 posts on one hand? Likely, it's a decimal of the number of members through the years.

Well, if no one has noticed Glen aka @gmrhodes13 has hit 15,000.  That's...that's...incredible, and speaks to his passion, dedication, and contributions to this detachment.  As only the second person EVER to hit his mark, I think a congratulations is in order.

Cheers Glen! :pint1:

• Like 9

Thank you for the kind words Paul, I'm just here trying to give back to this community that gave me so much when I started my journey.

"troopers helping troopers" it's what we do.

I see someone is about to hit 20,000 soon WOW.

• Like 4

I’d like to echo Paul’s words.
Glen is not one to simply just welcome someone to our boards, he almost always offers up immediate advice and supports that with links to the pertinent sections of our boards. He is an asset to the detachment and you can easily tell he does live by our mantra of “Troopers helping troopers”
Congratulations on 15,000 posts and thank you for everything you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Great post, Paul. So true.

Many thanks for your contributions, Glen. As others have said, your advice is always accurate, helpful, and welcomed by fellow troopers. Keep up the amazing work. :-)

• Like 1

And the even crazier thing is that I see Glen active on MULTIPLE forums... I see that dude all over the main Legion boards, the IOC boards, etc.........

Glen, THANK YOU for your help and input across all of these forums. Congrats on a big milestone and keep up the good work! :D 

• Like 3

I too would like to congratulate and say a big thank you to Glen for all you do here.

You have posted a ton on my build thread your encouragement, advice, and TK knowledge. I appreciate that greatly.

So congrats on 15,000 posts, I hope to one day get even a fraction of what you have done.

• Like 1

Man where do I start?  When I started being active here back in 2014 Glen already seemed like an expert on things.  You were extremely helpful every single day to everyone here.  At this point now?  Man you are like a senior citizen!  To echo everyones comments you truly are the epitome of troopers helping troopers.  This forum is very lucky to have you here.  And also what is amazing is what was brought up above.  You aren't just active here you are active everywhere.  So maybe the FISD isn't just lucky to have you.  Maybe the entire Legion is lucky to have you.  Keep up the amazing work pal.  I can't wait to see what the future brings.

• Like 2