Andrew's AM 4.5 Stunt Build

lightwave000

I took the plunge head first and am starting my AM 4.5 Stunt build so I can be up and running prior to Halloween for its debut and who knows where else. For now, I am fulfilling a dream I have had for many years.

Thus far as I do not have any pics to provide as of yet-

Armor-

I purchased the AM 4.5 armor kit from davesdarksidedepot. I am 6'4 and he will be customizing the armor for me. I would love to build it myself but I lack the tools and time to pull it off. I will however be tackling the bucket myself so he is sending that to me separately.

Thus far I have purchased a

UKSWRATH Stormtrooper speaker system for the helmet

UKSWRATH 2 FAN Set

Padding for helmet

Testors Paint

Darman Neck Seal

Still need:

Bodysuit

Boots

Balaclava

Gun (Plan on getting a Praetorian E11)

I plan on plasti-dipping or painting inside of helmet.

I know there are a few bobs and bits I will need to get but I will try to document the process as I go. Trying to get this going as soon as possible to allow it to all come together before Halloween.

I posted this elsewhere, but I have a young nephew who loves "Chootroopers" as he calls them. I am going to surprise him as a full on stormtrooper this year. And this will be the only Halloween costume I will ever need again! Unless of course I become a bearded Han Solo!

Edited by lightwave000
  • Like 2

Hi Andrew , glad to hear you're about to make a dream come true.!! 

Browsing the build-threads section you'll find tons of info for your project and you can see the reference gallery also.

Ask whatever you need to your build, some experienced troopers can help you too.

Good luck with your armor and keep on reach your dream.

cheers  :salute:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/category/19-ottk-reference/

Edited by TKSpartan
word correction

Welcome!!! It's so much fun here! Ask all the questions. I'm fairly new and just finishing up my build but I've learned alot from these wonderful people! You are taking your first steps into a larger world....... Good luck trooper!!!

• Like 1

Welcome! Check out some of the other AM builds on here, they will help with the helmet. Also look up Eric Dyck and his fantastic videos on assembling the AM helmet.

For myself I used the helmet liner instead of padding, but also did the plastic dip of the interior. 

Hello and welcome aboard, when in doubt check the gallery section, all the references you will need are there.

Good luck, looking forward to the progress

• 3 weeks later...

Part 1 (Can only fit 500kbs of images so this will be in three parts)

Update: Helmet nearly completed in 2 days!!!

I got the helmet kit in from Dave's Darkside Depot. I was a bit intimidated to start. The helmet is asymmetrical and nothing seemed to want to fit together from going along with Eric Dyck's youtube tutorials. So I kinda followed along the best I could and then realized it doesnt have to be "perfect". So I gained confidence during the build to sand here and cut there.

I assembled the helmet with only screws so it would keep its shape and inserted the lens. I went ahead and put a little e6000 down the inside seams and where the two halves meet. This was an epic fail. The back part of the e6000 tube busted open and a huge glop fell in the helmet and on my leg. I quickly cleaned it up so crisis averted lol! I put the stickers on, one of which I will have to replace as I had not learned the windex trick yet and tried to stick it on dry. The rest turned out well though.

Then I decided to remove the lens and plasti-dip the interior.

I taped it down well and covered the eyes and teeth and exterior of helmet. Plasti-Dip ended up being easier to work with than I expected. The trick is to stick half the can in warm water before using. I then proceeded to do 5 coats. A new coat every 20-30 minutes. Then I realized I wanted it to be completed black inside. I didnt want white areas around the eyes and mouth so I peeled off the tape and did one coat on the teeth and eyes. The bleed through on the teeth and eyes was a bit time consuming to rub off but thats all it took was rubbing with my finger and a paperclip.

I let it dry while I slept. The next day it was good to go. No smell and things adhere to it really well. I took it to work with me and reattached the lens, and sanded the ears and put them on best I could. I then proceeded to paint. This was another challenge but I think I pulled it off pretty well.

I didnt need the hovi mics the kit came with because I had UKSWRATH's audio kit. I had a hard time getting the hovi mic speakers even because they dont sit flush on this helmet mold. But his kit comes with these captive screw washers that hold it in place. I then stuck in a helmet liner with velcro and proceeded to retrofit the helmet with the audio system and fans wherever I could fit them and still be able to put on the helmet.

I would have to say it was a success. I finished it on my break at work in a total of 2 days and walked down the hallway of my office area. I was talking with the randomized static bursts and had people coming out of their offices taking pictures and videos. It was hilarious! I still have a couple spots of paint to touch up, cable manage a bit better/more permanent, and install the mesh for the frown.

Cant wait to get the full armor.

Ordered and waiting on-

Boots

Armor

Still need the E11. I want to get a Praetorian but I cant seem to get ahold of those guys so I may have to go to an alternative.

IMG_2612.jpg

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2619.jpg

IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg

Edited by lightwave000
Photo resizing

Higher res inside view- I had wanted to put some sump pump tubing in to hide wiring but my head is so big that its a tight enough fit to get this thing on. I don't think I could if I keep adding items. The UKSWRATH sound system is amazing. I cant turn it up all the way without feedback but half way is plenty loud. Not sure I will need an additional speaker or not yet. The fans work great (also from UKSWRATH) but when I turn them on I cant hear anyone unless they are 3 ft away. Not sure I want to go the assisted hearing kit route. I think I will leave the fans off unless I notice bad fog up.

IMG_2662.jpg

Edited by lightwave000
  • Like 1