Good day all!   I am a long time SW fan and just recently been interested in getting my own armour!  I know there are lots of threads about different types etc, but if anyone can direct me (as i am still getting the feel of the site) that would be great!

Right now, i live in Canada, but moving to Washington DC in October, hoping there is lots of 501st activity in that area.

I am thinking of going with the classic ANH trooper armour, but the rub is i am a big and tall guy. 6'2 and 260 ( a little bit of a belly, but thick all over! lol!)  i have a friend that has an Anovos classic kit that i am thinking of taking off his hands, but could that kit be fitted to me, and still get approved by 501st?

thanks all for taking the time to read and answer!! 

Hi Thomas and welcome. Yes the troopers here have a ton of information for you to help you get started on your way to serve the Empire. Here is some pages for you to get started with. 

Good luck and if you need anything let me know. 

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, you could also reach out to local garrison's, many have armor workshops so you may be able to go have a look what others have, you can find a listing here https://www.501st.com/members/displayUnits.php

Once you have armor post up your BBB photos (big brown box) and start a build thread, great way to get feedback and advice. Also check the gallery section you'll pretty much everything reference for your build.

Good luck and hope to see a build from you soon. 

• Like 1

Hi from Hobart, Tasmania. Welcome to the FISD and happy building.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to FISD!

Hi Garth.  Welcome to the FISD!  As for your friend's Anovos kit - is he close in size to you?  If he is smaller, then it might be a bit of a challenge to size-up a finished kit (especially the arms and legs).  There are some armour makers that provide kits more tailored for taller or larger troopers.

2 hours ago, wook1138 said:

Hi Garth.  Welcome to the FISD!  As for your friend's Anovos kit - is he close in size to you?  If he is smaller, then it might be a bit of a challenge to size-up a finished kit (especially the arms and legs).  There are some armour makers that provide kits more tailored for taller or larger troopers.

We are roughly the same size, i have a little more around the middle than he lol!  But we are same height.   Tho that kit is unbuilt,  so still requires assembly 

Welcome to the FISD! Don't let your size get in the way of a potential build! There are plenty or resournces and threads here on the forums to help you work through any challenges you might face. There are plenty of armor makers that supply armor specifically for bigger/taller troopers. Good luck!

Hi Garth, welcome aboard.

Before trimming anything do a rough size up against your limbs. If you do decide you need a larger armour than the Anovos, RT-Mod was built for taller troopers having longer limb parts available.

Good luck sir.

Welcome to the FISD. I also have an Anovos Kit. I am 6’2” and currently weigh 235. When I first submitted for approval, I weighed about 245, and put shims in, and made minor modifications. It works fine, but if you want to go for the highest level of accuracy, which I recommend you do, shims cannot be visible. If you do put shims in, it will take some work to make them “disappear” using ABS paste. I’d like to make mine go away but haven’t had time for it yet. 

Welcome to FISD!  

As your size, Anovos would not be the best option, but, having said that, just about any kit can be modded to fit just about anyone.  If you want an easier out of the box get to work without extreme mods, I'd check into AM and RT- they're suited for taller and larger troopers.  Anovos is like RS, it's suited for the guys built exactly like the original OT guys on screen, and their exact height, too; so if you fit that, great, if not... you're gonna have a lot of extra work.