Mar2D2

Newbie saying hello.

Hi Everyone,

After years of dreaming, the time is finally here. A dream I'm sure the majority of you on here have... 

Ever since I can remember (back in the 80's), I have wanted to be a Stormtrooper and now is that time. I have been spending the last couple of months trawling the internet, FISD and 501st forums, trying to find out as much as I can about the different types of armour and kits out there before committing myself fully. To cut a long story short, I have purchased a Stormtrooper (ANH) RS self build kit (currently awaiting delivery) and I cant wait to get started.

There is so much amazing info, tips and guidance on these forums from some amazing real fans of the genre, that I would be an idiot not to join and say hello!!

I look forward to getting to know more people with the same dreams as I, and will really appreciate any tips, ideas, guidance etc. with my build and eventually becoming 501st approved. 

Cheers,

Martyn (Mar2D2)  

• Like 2

Welcome, Martyn.

Great to have you aboard!

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. :-)

Best wishes
Dan

Hello and welcome aboard, great to see you have done your homework so your off to a great start, looking forward to seeing the BBB photos when they arrive.

Best practice is post up a build thread while putting your kit together, great way of getting tips and advice from others who have been down the same road.

Another tip is check out the gallery section when building, all the references you will ever need are there.

Here's another link you may find helpful if you haven't already read it ;)  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/

Good luck and looking forward to seeing the progress of your build.

Hi Martyn, welcome to FISD, hope to see your first armor kit photos . 

There's a lot of experienced trooper here to help you.

Cheers :peace:

Hello Martyn,

Welcome to FISD!

Welcome to the FISD!!! I was where you are a few months ago. You have found your home! I'm just now finishing up my first ANH Stunt build and getting ready to submit for approval. Ask all the questions you have and remember we have all been there. Make sure when you get your kit that you start a build thread and also check out the FISD Facebook page. Check out my build thread. Remember....... Have fun!!!

• Like 1

Hi Martyn and welcome to the FISD.  Great pick with the RS kit!  As mentioned above, start a build thread anytime and ask lots of questions.  Good luck!

Hello and welcome Martyn! I look forward to seeing your costume handiwork very soon. :)

As Greg said, great choice going with RS but I might be a bit biased as I have one myself:smiley-sw013: used it for my Sandtrooper - welcome to FISD:salute:

Welcome aboard Martyn!

Welcome Martyn!

try to take a look at our Expert Infantry and Centurion threads for additional approval references.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/113-advanced-tactics/

screen references can be found in the gallery.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/

Welcome aboard!

you have a great looking armor on its way.

good luck on your build.

Welcome aboard!  

Main tips: check out all build threads, not just those for your armor maker (though that can be helpful), check out the approved EIB and Centurion applications for close ups, high quality builds, even if you're not wanting to go for either (but why not?), if you aim to copy theirs, you'll have basic in the bag no problem.  Ask all the questions- stuff comes up as you're working, so start a build thread and show off your progress and get semi-real time tips.  Seek out any local Garrison members- our forums are amazing, but there's nothing like local, hands on help.  They've been there before, they know their way around or at least who to find or where to go to find the necessary info.  

• Like 1