Hello everyone i am brand spanking new to the wonderful world of stormtrooper armor building and eventually fingers crossed trooping. Life long fan of Star Wars and basically all 70’s/80’s pop culture. Long time toy collector and decided with a push from the wife to take the plunge. Purchased my first set of armor not the most expensive but want to take as a learning experience for when I get a better set of armor. Anyhow thanks for having me and any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. 

• Like 2

Hello and welcome aboard, research is the key to this hobby, if you don't know it pays to ask. Start a build thread, check out some other builds, use the gallery section it's full of screen costume references.

Here's a list of other items you may need for your build https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/

Good luck and hope to see your build thread soon.

Thanks guys much appreciated. Gmr that was the first page I looked at about a month ago lol. Purchased all parts on that list. I’m going with the snap method for my first build. Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I will be looking for a helmet eventually as this armor came with a helmet but since was stored for a while it got a bit deformed somehow and was gonna be a pain to try and fix it so it’s still sitting in the box. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thenewguy13 said:

Thanks guys much appreciated. Gmr that was the first page I looked at about a month ago lol. Purchased all parts on that list. I’m going with the snap method for my first build. Thanks for the encouragement and advice. I will be looking for a helmet eventually as this armor came with a helmet but since was stored for a while it got a bit deformed somehow and was gonna be a pain to try and fix it so it’s still sitting in the box. 

Post up some pics of your helmet, it may be salvageable. Purchasing from another supplier you may find the color won't match, there are many different shades of white and some are quite different, have a look at others builds to check on coloring ;) 

Snap method is great especially if the elastic stretches over time, really easy to swap out. I do recommend double snapping, great to have a back up if one fails, at least you can still troop ;) 

R63O0di.jpg

Hello Albert,

Welcome to FISD.

Welcome to the Forums and good luck with your first build. There is a lot of great information on here with building and the build threads are an incredible place to get information to help. You can create you own thread which we recommend and ask questions for the everyone on there to help you through.  I'm in southwest Florida (North Port). Hit me up if you need help. Good Luck. 

Welcome to FISD! You’re very lucky to be in the central Florida area, Makaze Territory! We have several Clermont based troopers and quite a few TKs with a wealth of knowledge! Register yourself on the Florida Garrison page and keep an eye out on the Newbies thread on the FLG boards for Armor Parties by WhistleNut. His “TK Sweatshop” is in the Clermont area as well. We have a great time at troops and there is a wealth of knowledge to be had here on the forums. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions as well! Hope to see you out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by DZFireMedic

Welcome aboard Albert! Looking forward to see a build thread if you get one started. Be sure to check out the build threads and ask questions when you need to. Some armor kits have minor differences from other makers so its a good idea to check out builds with the same armor to see how people tackled things. I followed a few RS armor builds when I built mine as there were a few concerns I had when trimming it and assembling. It helped to consult with RS TKs and builders to relieve some of the concerns I had at the time.

Best of luck on your TK journey!

Welcome aboard Albert, looks like the right people are chiming in and helping you get underway.

Looking forward to seeing a build thread when you are ready.

thank you everyone I feel very welcomed here. I found out last night from a local tk that basically what I have is an FX armor kit. A little disappointed since after telling me what I had he told me it was not a great kit. I know the helmet is a no go the armor I now have no clue. I did my research but I guess I did not research enough lol. Anyone else have any insight on this armor set? 

• Like 1

Hi Albert, glad to know there's a new trooper on the way.  hope to see some pictures of your build soon.

cheers  :salute:

Edited by TKSpartan
word correction

Thanks for warm reception everyone. I will need a lid either a build which I prefer or preexisting built one. Any on recommendations on were to acquire one or what area on whitearmor to ask this question would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

6 minutes ago, Thenewguy13 said:

Thanks for warm reception everyone. I will need a lid either a build which I prefer or preexisting built one. Any on recommendations on were to acquire one or what area on whitearmor to ask this question would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You'll find most of the armor makers in the Getting Started section and many will sell a helmet separately, what you do want to make sure is the color of another make of helmet will match your armor, some of the whites differ quite a lot. You could have a look through a few build threads, normally the armor type is in the heading.

3 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You'll find most of the armor makers in the Getting Started section and many will sell a helmet separately, what you do want to make sure is the color of another make of helmet will match your armor, some of the whites differ quite a lot. You could have a look through a few build threads, normally the armor type is in the heading.

Thanks I’ll take a look and see what I can find 

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD!  Looks like the posts above have you on track.  Good luck with your build!