Full time HWT?

DZFireMedic

Just wondering if anyone ever goes HWT full time? What occasions for trooping or otherwise would there be a need for another shiny TK versus having a HWT present? Some of the battle wearing options I’ve come across are easier to clean up than others so I’m just curious who cleans up and goes back and forth and for what occasions or who goes dirty all the time? Thanks!

I don't I go back and forth, though it's been a while since I've gone HWT. When I did I used charcoal dust, it's perfect for temporary weathering, and quickly wipes off.  

• Like 1

I've only worn my HWT to a couple of events, standards for the pack changed plus I have back and neck problems so the extra weight is not helpful.

Like Tony I used a charcoal dust which was easy to polish off.

I think you'll find the public see a HWT as a clean Sandy and really don't notice it's a different costume. Most of the time event hosts want to see shinny whites but on the odd occasion they want to be dirty ;) 

• Like 2

I wear my HWT most of the time. Only on occasion have I dirtied it up. I also used a charcoal dust to dirty the armor. Most of the time I usually just go as is and can switch back and forth. I'm a larger trooper so I like the HWT for me, just looks better on me. I usually do the classic TK if I'm doing an inside troop where space is limited. It difficult walking around with all the extras on.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have two complete armor sets, one dedicated to being a dirty HWT and the other to being a clean/shiny trooper. Honestly I only wear the clean kit when requested. I throughly enjoy being a dirty HWT and that is my go to....Clean TK’s are boring.

Edited by HeroTK72
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

For me it really just depends on the event. And how you built your pack; easy to take off or a hassle? But then you have to put back your belt battery packs and remove the shoulder pouches. I end up leaving the Pauldron on though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...