TK-10770 requesting ANH Stunt (AM) EIB status (936)

Link just brought up a store with no belt. Can you send to me on FB? Brian George

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off: Nice work on the armour!

My 2 cents:

Not sure why inner support for the belt would be an issue? That is like saying everybody must have the movie original TK armour strap system instead of what suits them best. As long as the exterior belt looks and acts the part, who cares what the inside is like.

Keep up the good work.

Regarding the waist belt. Given the CRL was just updated it's safe to say if specific details are not mentioned in the CRL then it shouldn't be mentioned here either. 

I quite possibly might be wrong but didn’t the new CRL allow for being grandfathered in providing the armor was finished prior to 9-1-19?

I quite possibly might be wrong but didn’t the new CRL allow for being grandfathered in providing the armor was finished prior to 9-1-19?

Yes. There was a grace period for submissions up to the 1st September so members could use the CRL they had started their build on going back to 3 months prior. (I think it was 3 months)

Any new builds are now governed by the current CRL. This is only for the CRL’s that have been changed in the last round, so does not include any of the First order as they have not been attendee to yet.

1 hour ago, Helotech said:

Not sure why inner support for the belt would be an issue? That is like saying everybody must have the movie original TK armour strap system instead of what suits them best.

It’s not - the belt is a major part of the costume and very visible unlike inner strapping methods. This is also for the higher levels of approval. The inner support in itself is not an issue. 

1 hour ago, Helotech said:

As long as the exterior belt looks and acts the part

The issue with these belt is the fact that they don’t look the part. They are however still allowed. The belt is also a major part of the costume and not a specific detail of sorts. 

To clarify: with the changes to the CRL it was also pointed out that the text is only one part of the requirements, as it has been saying in the CRL ever since I joined a few years back. (And probably longer) 

Quote:

Text descriptions are only one part of the guideline. GML's and costumers must consider both text and pictures (CRL and Reference) when reviewing the costume.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:23 PM, TheSwede said:

Those are not detail shots.

I’m on my phone right now so can’t post a pic of what I’m looking for so check the other applicants or the EIB photo checklist and  you’ll see what I mean. 

By clicking those images they went to the full versions which appeared to show enough detail ;) 

Link just brought up a store with no belt. Can you send to me on FB? Brian George

Hi Brian,

Apologies if I’ve confused the issue. Link above updated.

Just to clarify, you don’t have to change your belt. The CRL is not this specific. This was just a point of interest for you and any other prospective troopers that there is a visual difference between this belt and screen used. As Daniel (theSwede) mentioned, this will not cause you issues for clearance, but could be a nice upgrade if you choose to do so down the line.

Best wishes
Dan
  • Like 1

Hi Brian,

Apologies if I’ve confused the issue. Link above updated.

Just to clarify, you don’t have to change your belt. The CRL is not this specific. This was just a point of interest for you and any other prospective troopers that there is a visual difference between this belt and screen used. As Daniel (theSwede) mentioned, this will not cause you issues for clearance, but could be a nice upgrade if you choose to do so down the line.

Best wishes
Dan

Will it keep me from Centurion? For that matter, will being “a little fat for a stormtrooper” prevent me from that goal?

Will it keep me from Centurion? For that matter, will being “a little fat for a stormtrooper” prevent me from that goal?

Hi Brian,

No - as I mentioned right at the beginning, it might be mentioned as a ‘suggestion’ but should not prevent you from Centurion (in my opinion).

Hope I haven’t panicked you - it was purely meant as an observation and as a future accuracy upgrade, IF you wanted to. :-)

Regarding size, you’ve fitted the armour to yourself really well. That’s the most important thing and you look great. :-)
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Armoredfist5 said:

As Dan mentioned it's a suggestion.

FISD is not about prop replication, so no your belt should not hold you back from any current level of approval.

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Armoredfist5 said:

For that matter, will being “a little fat for a stormtrooper” prevent me from that goal?

It will not ;) 

• Like 1

Ok. I may have been confused by some of the posts, so excuse my comment. I thought someone was stating that if you had interior support (strip of plastic or such) on the belt, then that would not be accepted.

My bad.

8 hours ago, Armoredfist5 said:

Baring any fixes, how long does the review stage typically take?

Hi again Brian

I know you are eager to get this wrapped up, I was the same for my reviews:) Please give me a couple of days :salute:

• Like 1

Hi again Brian
I know you are eager to get this wrapped up, I was the same for my reviews Please give me a couple of days :salute:

No worries at all, just didn’t know how long to expect.
Thank you

Hi again Brian and thank you for your EIB application. In this review I will ensure that your armor follows the requirements set out in the CRL L2 Expert Infantry Badge and also point out what I can to prepare you for Centurion, should you choose to apply. I hope you do!

Let´s get started shall we!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for ANH Stunt Expert Infantry. On behalf of myself and the entire D.O.Team, Congratulations!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

As we navigate through this review we are going to start from the top and work our way down. 

Starting with the helmet we advise you revisit the decals as they are a bit "rough around the edges". We would like to point out that painting is always an option and like many experience, a very fulfilling one, totally your choice of course.

ql24RaH.png

Dropping down to the brow we fell that raising it would get you closer to that Epic Stunt-look we all know and love:)

d1XIAGf.png

Moving on we noticed the right thigh as going rogue on you, maybe a strapping failure or some strategic foam should have this sorted to ensure you look sharp on every Troop.

VNRQHBV.png

Last item on our suggestion list would be to trim the sniper knee for a cleaner look.

RkCrWHa.png

Centurion Requirements:

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustment etc. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper. Below you will find areas that will need to be adressed for a future succesfull Centurion Application.

Starting with the shoulders the CRL states that it should be a minimal gap between the bells and the chest and backplates and so we need you to close that gap. Removing more/all of the lower return edge and/or shorten the top strapping should get them closer. The undersuit seem to be interfering as well so that might also be worth looking into.

vJBtJbu.png

Next up is the side closures and it varies between pictures which leeds us to belive that with some tighter strapping and beeing mindful when suiting up this should be sorted.

X4XnojG.png

Final item would be to enusre the dropboxes stay in place and a dab of glue is our go-to advice.

QmQFaKj.png

And that´s it! Again congratulations and welcome to Expert Infantry:salute: Enjoy it for a while and see you at Centurion:salute:

• Like 2

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-10770 requesting ANH Stunt (AM) EIB status (936)

Thank you so much!
Regarding the ab/kidney strapping, I think that’s going to have to start with loosing more weight. Regarding the belt boxes, that I don’t see ever being able to fix simply due to where they drop on the front of the thigh compared to the screen shot that shows the end of the belt/box more towards the side and able to hang straight down.
Thank you all again, I will get to work on the rest before submitting for Centurion!!