Field Exercise Awards -- How to track your progress!

Alay

3C5k84Q.png

Ever wanted a way to show off your troops in white armor?  Well here's your chance!

We're rolling out a new award system to encourage and reward our members who take the time to post up their field training exercises and keep a troop log.  As you attend events and post logs, you'll earn these shiny profile badges:
troopaward10.png.f47c89f4e7333038c27c6e8ced75ec2c.pngtroopaward25.png.f2b5d2ec2f350561fa77c0fc036efa76.pngtroopaward50.png.3a3b072c1add6ecb4faab0ac5c126d11.pngtroopaward75.png.e9fe7aa9b34822e22ca1a68101e82d29.pngtroopaward100.png.0e18d608a9415379ed92225804ff5ee3.pngtroopaward125.png.636fd8b5196803ac4c05a7bf01e7c44f.pngtroopaward150.png.5320c92f62b35a34f5aad2722a3e56b7.pngtroopaward175.png.cd7dfcaee0002205a534f29d0d6cc860.pngtroopaward200.png.3ee9b6f006a050009cb3c25dd8b694b1.pngtroopaward250.png.f067a559522f8a3fc2bc685fa82277e0.pngtroopaward300.png.a68f081b17fc7bad41aa9522754012ac.pngtroopaward350.png.6cf697b9214d5e4415ffd030d7bcef50.pngtroopaward400.png.4eb8ab0bbac788ed9da029c31dd3bbc0.pngtroopaward450.png.e3af21970a78fc7d60884f75b31e55e8.pngtroopaward500.png.de2b4c3b6a4487f61da14baf93a9e5c2.pngtroopaward600.png.3ee1939bd6ac33f7d604e3aeaf398655.pngtroopaward750.png.4f6e7f4a1448104c1d4f20ab187a596c.pngtroopaward1000.png.2cbb950d60fe7cd8ccd1c51df6908fef.png

Simply start (or update!) your troop log, keep the running total in the title, and post (at least!) a date and name for the official 501st event where you wore your TK!

For example:

Thread title: [5] TK-20466 Troop Log

Troops:

• 1/1/2017 -- Polar Plunge in West Haven CT
  • 2/2/2017 -- Parade in New Haven CT
  • 6/12/2018 -- ConnectiCon Convention in Hartford CT
  • 8/19/2018 -- Cool Comic Convention in Boston MA
  • 4/21/2019 -- Library Reads Event in Wallingford CT

Troop log title examples:

fL1jhDb.png

Once you've hit a milestone count, go over to the "Field Exercise Awards -- Post your milestones here" thread, post a link to your troop log and request your profile be updated!  Simple, right?

Example of milestone post:

Milestone and Troop Log Title:   [100] TK12345 My troop log

Date and Event:   8/23/2019 -- Death Star Cooking Class

I give permission for FISD to repost my photos on social media in an appropriate fashion.

Image result for stormtroopers in store

FAQ:
Do my past troops count?

Yes!  You can update your troop log thread with all your past events for credit :)

Is there any costume requirement?
You have to have attended the event in a costume that falls under the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment for credit.  We love pictures from any events with white armor though, so even if you attended an event in another costume with stormtroopers present don't hesitate to show off!

Do I have to include pictures?
Pictures are not required, but are highly encouraged!  Your picture may end up in the Stormtrooper Hall of Fame :) 

Disclaimer / Permission 

Many of you already upload their troop pictures to the FISD forum, we are now requesting to share your Troop Log pictures on Instagram and Facebook. If you'd be interested in us sharing your pictures, please add a small disclaimer to the beginning of your Troop Log, right in the very first overview post, stating the following:

I give permission for FISD to repost my photos on social media in an appropriate fashion.

Big thanks to @Sly11 for volunteering to manage the program :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
Updated text
  • Like 10

31 minutes ago, TK-32700 said:

How do we count multi-day events? Do we count a two-day event as two troops?

In our garrison if an event is held over several days or more, even a week we count it as 1 troop.

How does your garrison post it's troop reports, singular or multiple.

32 minutes ago, TK-32700 said:

My garrison counts each day of a multi-day event as a separate troop.

Edited by daryldoak

No doubt @Sly11 will give a response at some stage, as he is looking after this program ;) 

9 hours ago, TK-32700 said:

This is an interesting question and can be looked at several ways.

I'm using "Legion" as an all encompassing, as we are aware things happen differently across the regions and Garrisons etc.

The legion requires a member to do 1 troop per year to maintain an active status across Garrisons, Oultpost and Detachments although FISD don't track that specifically.

On multi day events, many members with multiple costumes take advantage of that situation and troop several different outfits to stay above board so their costume is not considered retired.

In Australia, we count a multi day troop as a singular event, so it really only counts as one troop, but the legion are happy as long as you troop all costumes to maintain the active status of those costumes.

This troop recognition is a fun initiative and I personally don't think we should bog it down with too many regulations, but here is some food for thought. There are some locations that don't get many troops at all and certainly no multi day events which makes it very hard for them to get runs on the board. I would hate for them to feel any further disadvantage over those that are lucky in their location and fact that they could hit a milestone potentially in 2 or 3 multi day events.

• Like 2

I just wanted to comment and say thank you again for this and what a great idea it is. It seems we have a lot more people these days that are much better at keyboarding than they are trooping... I'm more proud of that little badge than I am of my post count, by far. Trooping is what it's all really about to me (I joined the 501st after seeing their impact while working at CHOC Children's Hospital) so it's amazing to see people being recognized for that. I look forward to earning higher levels!

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 9/4/2019 at 8:48 PM, Sly11 said:

The legion requires a member to do 1 troop per year to maintain an active status across Garrisons, Oultpost and Detachments although FISD don't track that specifically.

On multi day events, many members with multiple costumes take advantage of that situation and troop several different outfits to stay above board so their costume is not considered retired.

err... the 501st doesn't retire a costume it it isn't worn annually.  many people will use long events to do a 501st troop in the AM  and a RL troop in the PM to keep memberships active....

Edited by sylverbard

• 8 months later...

I love this, more motivation for trooping with our TKs costume. 

Also good for our personal data records. 

Here in my Garrison kind of different, we count troop per event.

So if one day we troop more than 1 event will count as more than 1 troop. 

Also counts each day of a multi-day event as a separate troop.

Can We backlog our troop log? If not allowed., when is the starting date for our troop log?

thank you. 

Edited by swibowoj

On 2/10/2020 at 10:52 AM, sylverbard said:

err... the 501st doesn't retire a costume it it isn't worn annually.  many people will use long events to do a 501st troop in the AM  and a RL troop in the PM to keep memberships active....

Yep. 
For long hours event, sometimes I wear my other costumes too. (fortunetly I'm not multi club member)

For that reason, this is my standard form for my personal trooper log. 

#000 ---> troop number
Date : __________
Event :___________ Day #
---> for multi days event
Charity Partner : ___________ (if any)
Costumes: 
- TK (ANH), Trooping Duration : _________
- Other costumes (if any), Trooping Duration : _________

Minder/helper: Duration : _________

Notes : __________  ---> kudos or something importatnt to remember

Picture for verification its a must. 
Other trooper/helper testimony (for confirmation) if possible.

I know, too much details, but its for my own records, good for me to remember.

1 hour ago, swibowoj said:

I love this, more motivation for trooping with our TKs costume. 

Also good for our personal data records. 

Here in my Garrison kind of different, we count troop per event.

So if one day we troop more than 1 event will count as more than 1 troop. 

Also counts each day of a multi-day event as a separate troop.

Can We backlog our troop log? If not allowed., when is the starting date for our troop log?

thank you. 

I'm happy for you to back date your log, no problem.

Also happy for multi day event to be counted as each day = 1 troop. (3 day event, 3 troops) etc.

If you attended two entirely different troops in 1 day in two locations, then that is counted as 2 troops.

Changing costumes for the one troop is only considered 1 troop.

This keeps it simple and fare for everyone I think.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

I'm happy for you to back date your log, no problem.

Also happy for multi day event to be counted as each day = 1 troop. (3 day event, 3 troops) etc.

If you attended two entirely different troops in 1 day in two locations, then that is counted as 2 troops.

Changing costumes for the one troop is only considered 1 troop.

This keeps it simple and fare for everyone I think.

Awesome, thank you for the confirmation

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/1/2020 at 3:39 AM, swibowoj said:

Yep. 
For long hours event, sometimes I wear my other costumes too. (fortunetly I'm not multi club member)

For that reason, this is my standard form for my personal trooper log. 

#000 ---> troop number
Date : __________
Event :___________ Day #
---> for multi days event
Charity Partner : ___________ (if any)
Costumes: 
- TK (ANH), Trooping Duration : _________
- Other costumes (if any), Trooping Duration : _________

Minder/helper: Duration : _________

Notes : __________  ---> kudos or something importatnt to remember

Picture for verification its a must. 
Other trooper/helper testimony (for confirmation) if possible.

I know, too much details, but its for my own records, good for me to remember.

I have quite a few full day troops at one event, or at one time 2 or 3 events on the same day.  My garrison covers a lot, like, a lot, of territory, like, at 80km/hr maybe 3hrs drive north south and 5.5 hrs at 100km east west.  I tend to have had more days free while doing an undergrad finally at age 50 and, well, I can afford to troop more than I can afford to scuba dive, finish my wampa, etc.  2019 I drove 4hrs for a troop in territory new to us then back for light the night for cancer. 8 hours in a car with no stereo, not enough to way too much coffee ( the social media updates are hilarious and definately pre- ADD diagnosis), and, like, 3 hours in costume.  All worth it.  May the 4th that year I hit 5 events over 16 hours from 0700 till midnight, broke a costume on the second, and 3 were planned to be solo troops but others made it out on their way to from other mt4bwy events that Saturday.

Sorry. Rambling and ADD go hand in hand; rambling is the biggest sign of adult diagnosed ADD when someone's had it all their life but never knew.

I'm happy to see multiday events counted as multiple troops just as locally for our internal trooping incentive each troop on the roster counts, so it gives members with other affiliation costumes ( rebels, mandos, superheroes locally) chances to suit up with each.

I like your event log form and my Jawa is likely stealing it if that's ok with you since I've been telling myself to do the same, with pics, and something from the troop like their lanyard or flyers or receipt from something, but just like dishes (ADD combined with depression means I look at a task, know it needs doing, start it, think of another task, move on, know I need to finish, but can't.  It's horrible saying ok do dishes, ok today I'll do them, ok just one set of cups, ok tomorrow. They're rinsed, no sitting with food yuck. Just ... Controlling the high ground, low ground, and deck in my kitchen. Today, they get done lol).

Oh!  My original intent was simply to say love the log, sometimes I can't get photo evidence due to lots of solo troops.

Sorry.

• Like 2

No need to load photos for every troop, we just love seeing them. You troop in TK, you count it photo or not :)

• 10 months later...

I've been meaning to create my trooping log, I see that "past" events are fine but I'm wondering how far back we can (or should) go?  I began trooping in 2007 and have many troops in my TK.  I'm more than happy to start at whatever reasonable year you guys suggest though hahaha!

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Chaschen said:

Hi, I just started my log but when adding pics my max total file size allowed seems to be shrinking. My max total was once over 1 MB, now it’s 117 kb even with a new entry .

The photo limit is for images stored on this forum. You need to store your photos elsewhere and link them here.  I think imgur.com is the most used place to do so.  Create an account and you can upload for free and copy the link and paste it into your posts. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...