Blaster help

Hi Austin, Welcome to FISD. 

As per the CRL,

E-11 Blaster

Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster. 

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
Folding stock (does not need to function).
A real or replica ammo counter - based off of a Hengstler counter - shall be present.
D-ring mounted on the rear.
Sterling based blasters have the correct M-38 or M-19 style scope.
Two power cylinders on the magazine housing.
Scratch-built or cast blasters shall have a total of 6 T-tracks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the magazine housing side uncovered).
If using the Hasbro E11 toy blaster, it is modified to have the correct number of T-tracks (6 total), with a lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side.
This is accomplished by covering the pre-existing rows of holes with T-tracks, then grinding off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side, and drilling a new row of holes in its place.
3-D printed blasters can not contain visible print lines, and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.
No ESB/ROTJ greeblies are allowed on the blaster.

OPTIONAL Level three certification (if applicable):
Bapty-style, Hasbro and Rubies blasters are not allowed, even conversions.
The blaster may have minor weathering or base metal exposure however, T-tracks and grips shall have the appearance of black plastic.

For basic and level 2, a Hasbro modified would work, but if you are thinking about higher levels I would recommend to buy a more accurate Blaster. 

Mine is a Praetorian Blasters E11, But there's some more options like Doopy Doos Resin Kit, and some.

Hope this can help.

Cheers  

Hey buddy,

As it’s a toy, the Hasbro is very basic and not very accurate. If your budget can stretch a little, check out options like DoopyDoos, Sheartech, Quest Designs, Praetorian Blasters, Fieldmarshall.

Best wishes

Dan

Hasbro with a Doopy's kit was my first blaster, nice and light, has sounds and lights, fit an external jack and you can run a cable to the Aker Amp, nice and load at con's ;) 

I have also put together a couple of Doopy's full resin kits, a little heavier and not as much room to add electronics, although it can be done.

You could also have a go at scratch building, lots of great templates can be found, I use that blaster for cannon events but it's not as durable as a Hasbro and I hold on tight to it.