Silicon handguards

Quick question re: some silicon handguards.

Finally found these after a clear out- been stored with some other bits. Getting them out, discovered they had yellowed. Strange considering they’d been stored away from light.

So is there any way of getting these back to white (presume paint won’t stick to silicon), or do I just throw them? Also is there a general consensus on which glue actually works with silicon?

Hi, some recomendtions I have seen is to use Bleach, Apply to the silicone . Allow the bleach to sit for 15-20 minutes. This will cause a whitening of the yellowed silicone and will kill any mold or mildew that may have formed. scrub  with a plastic scrub brush and rinse with cold water.

Hope this can help.

:salute:

8 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi, some recomendtions I have seen is to use Bleach, Apply to the silicone . Allow the bleach to sit for 15-20 minutes. This will cause a whitening of the yellowed silicone and will kill any mold or mildew that may have formed. scrub  with a plastic scrub brush and rinse with cold water.

Hope this can help.

:salute:

That’s great, thanks. I actually considered that, but wasn’t sure what it would do to the silicon (it’s difficult to test it on a small area when you don’t have much surface to play with).

Think I’ll try it and hope for the best.

• Like 1