Fan System problems

Hey, I got a pair of 12v 3D printer fans, some switches, and some 9v battery connectors.   After I put everything together and tested the fans, the 9v battery began to get very hot.   I assumed that it had something to do with the fact that the battery and fan voltages didn't match up.  Does anyone know what I should do? As far as I know, there is such thing as a 12v battery.

Thanks!

Edited by Thrawndike bar

I think you will find the 12V fans with 9V battery will not last very long at all, I down sized to some 5V and a flat battery pack of 4 x AA's, last quite a long time. 

If you want to stick with the 12's you could always try 2 x 4 AA packs giving you 12V

Agree with Glen, 12v fans will run a 9v battery flat pretty fast. 5v and the AA batteries are the best alternative and should run for approx 6 hours non stop.

I use rechargeables personally.

I use USB fans and USB rechargeable power packs.  You can literally run them for days on a charge.  There are lots available on Amazon.

There are also 12v batteries, but they are small and expensive. You'd go broke.

The last option is to chain 8 AAs  (or AAAs, or Cs, or Ds) together to get yourself 12 volts.  Something like this:  https://www.amazon.ca/abcGoodefg-Battery-Holder-Plastic-Storage/dp/B06ZZBX3H1/ref=sr_1_13?crid=1X9JUYBBGKV40&keywords=aa+battery+holder+with+switch&qid=1566915565&s=gateway&sprefix=AA+battery+hol%2Caps%2C180&sr=8-13