TK- 98695 Requesting ANH Hero EIB Status (SDS) [935]

Hey Mike. Small LOL on this one. ;)

The original logo was gold lettering. What you are seeing is the "ghost glue" leftover that won't come off.

Also, when I took the picture I stupidly tucked in my neck seal for some reason and didn't realize the mistake until I was

out of the armour.

I've attached a pick of me in the undersuit top with the neck seal properly placed.

Here is the link to my build thread, page 3. Scroll down a couple pics.

Pic of neck seal over the logo. Please excuse the rough edges of the seal. I was in a hurry for a troop and didn't have time to finish the sewing.

XQEfDtN.jpg

Please let  me know if you need anything else.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your application for EIB, and for helping us get that much closer to our 1000th EIB trooper! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Expert Infantry rank. On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions. 

As with all reviews we like to start from the top and work our ways down. Remember everything in this section is a suggestion that we feel make your armor that much closer to screen accurate.Some use it as a check list to complete while some do not. The choice is your. With that said, you ready? 

The first thing I'll call attention to the bottom screw on the right ear. The correct screws are used but I think you could countersink the bottom. Using a larger drill bit and ream by hand so you don't go through the original hole and have complete control and help set that a little flatter.  The third photo I've attached is what I use to countersink on all my builds. Its really a great kit to have in your tool box to help get rid of all those nasty pinch points and armor bites. I got mine from  mcmaster carr but amazon carries them as well. 

Reference Image 

dZJrFpO.jpg        uneQsgk.jpg

4289a79p1l.png?ver=1265987491

Next I'll move onto your ab section and as your fellow troopers pointed out your ab buttons could use a trim. 

Reference Photo

9T25UXxm.jpg                             6rGnD1bm.jpg?2

Onto your Kidney/Butt plate, again your fellow Troopers pointed out that you could adjust your strap a little.(Troopers helping Troopers)... On the back I used doubled over elastic as opposed to nylon just to give it the ability to go back into place after a bit of movement. . 

Reference Photo 

9me7xlDm.jpg                   i9mKmk8m.jpg

Also be sure to check the alignment when fastening your shins and try to keep that clean line. 

Reference Image 

U5KK31im.jpg          y3Fj3nGm.jpg

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper. 

Just like EIB we'll work from the top down with the difference being requirement vs suggestion. Everything called out will be required fix's. 

Per the CRL: "There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates."  

The front look good but I would like to see the gap closed up on the back side. 

Reference Photo

k1AIg1jm.jpg     BbwCVz6.jpg?1  

Reference Photo 

JgUMOtF.jpg?1

We're going to go back and address your ab details mainly the buttons. 

Per the CRL: "Ab button paint shall not extend beyond the bottom of the actual raised button."
                      "No separate buttons are allowed."

Looking at your ab buttons most of them are good to go (circled in green) but I will require that the ones circled red be addressed. 

This can be taken care of with a toothpick & mineral spirits. Dip the toothpick and use it as a eraser to shrink the painted buttons 

I will ask for a side detail shot of the buttons as well. 

NIVtGUVm.jpg   MbsUsxTm.jpg?1

Next up will be your abdomen section.

Per the CRL; "Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor. Abdominal and Kidney Plate align horizontally at top.
A single visible seam line is present."

Your so close to getting that gap closed up, great job on the weight loss.  I don't believe you need to shim it either but I would highly suggest you follow the advise of your fellow troopers with the doubled over elastic strap as it helps pull the two together. I lost over 80 lbs to get into my armor so I know what your going through with that one. 

KxRv82Nl.jpg   hgPzWBcl.jpg   BWAzgyo.jpg?1   5TUldjf.jpg?1

This is a top notch build just a couple minor adjustment and we'll get you on to the next level - congrats, see you at Centurion!!

• Like 1

• msouza changed the title to TK- 98695 Requesting ANH Hero EIB Status (SDS) #935

And there we have it, congratulations trooper and welcome to the EI club, looking forward to seeing you at centurion :salute:

FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancing-trooper:

Thank you so much, and thanks for the compliment on the build.

This means quite a bit to me.

Since the pics were taken in August I addressed all the Fit / Assembly points other troopers and you mentioned.

As to the Centurion requirements, the only two hang ups will be the shoulder bells and side gap.

Shoulder bells may require purchasing all new bells. The trimmed ones from SDS seem small. I’ll head back to the boiling water first for another go.

Re to the side gap: I have dropped a few more pounds and that gap is getting smaller. Pretty close to complete closure.

I didn’t want to shim a 1/4 “ gap as it would probably ruin the look. I originally started with elastic webbing, but switched to plain nylon webbing to reduce the gap. As I lose weight, I’ll redo the side strapping system.

Congrats on your weight loss. That’s quite the accomplishment.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work you do on behalf of the 501st.

6 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

And there we have it, congratulations trooper and welcome to the EI club, looking forward to seeing you at centurion :salute:

Q, Thanks for all your help and suggestions over my build. Much appreciated. 

As I stated above: D#*m freaking bells!!! :)

And I just noticed my Expert badge has appeared. YAY!!!

• Like 1

Congratulations Dave, Welcome to the rank of EIB.

For the shoulder bells, you may try shorten the shoulder strap connecting the bells first, I see you still have some return edges around the underside of bells that can be trimmed off (it’s still acceptable at Centurion level). A combination of both might do the trick.

Good luck on your Centurion application.

3 hours ago, giskard8 said:

Congratulations Dave, Welcome to the rank of EIB.

For the shoulder bells, you may try shorten the shoulder strap connecting the bells first, I see you still have some return edges around the underside of bells that can be trimmed off (it’s still acceptable at Centurion level). A combination of both might do the trick.

Good luck on your Centurion application.

Thank you :)

I'll try the straps 1st, but they are almost touching the shoulders now.

The main problem with the bells is the armour was trimmed from the manufacturer (SDS). I think they did not leave enough material to wrap around my bicep armour and meet my chest and back properly.

On my build thread I asked people if they could give me a wrap-around measurement of the bottom bell opening, but didn't receive any responses.

See the link, about 1/2 way down.

https://whitearmor.net/forum/topic/47323-helotech-sds-hero-build/page/4/

It may be a trick of the photography and / or light, but there is actually zero return edge on any of the edges. They are completely smooth.

A lot of makers bells are smaller than what is preferred these days, something that was brought up previously about ability to have the "ideal look" ATA are smaller too.

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

A lot of makers bells are smaller than what is preferred these days, something that was brought up previously about ability to have the "ideal look" ATA are smaller too.

Well...that...just...sucks...

I contacted ATA and he did send me pics of an untrimmed bell with measurements. Hard to determine from that if they would work.

It just sucks that the bells may be the only thing holding me back from Centurion.

I will try and remold my bells with hot water. I even thought of building the bells larger using ABS strips along the edging, like what is done to shim the ab and kidney armour. That process may ruin them though, so I'm hesitant to try.

I know ATA matches my SDS colour pretty closely because of the thigh ammo strip, but not sure about any other manufacturers. It would look silly to have my shoulders stand out.

I did a troop yesterday and the other TK there Armour was bright white compared to mine. It wan interesting to see the difference.

• Like 1

You can contact Walt from Walt’s Trooper Factory, his info is on the where to get armor from thread, he made two sets of bells standard & large,not sure how the color will match but he makes them

2 minutes ago, msouza said:

You can contact Walt from Walt’s Trooper Factory, his info is on the where to get armor from thread, he made two sets of bells standard & large,not sure how the color will match but he makes them

Awesome Mike. Thanks for the info. I don't mind spending a few bucks on just the bells. If they don't match, no problem.

Thanks Mario!

I'm happy I have fairly minimal adjustments for Centurion (until they get pickier later LOL)

Once again, those bells are the pesky part. Going camping for a week then will start messing with the ones I have, and then decide if I need to order some replacement ones.

1 hour ago, Helotech said:

Once again, those bells are the pesky part. Going camping for a week then will start messing with the ones I have, and then decide if I need to order some replacement ones.

Take your time Dave, enjoy your camping !  :jc_doublethumbup:

Cheers