Coleman_21

Hello from NSW Australia

Hello all. Hopefully a future tk here. About 90% of the way through my armour, have to do the thighs and helmet. For those who have experience, for a first timer should I go with an e11 over the dlt-19? I would probably prefer the DLT but not sure whether it would be a good option.

Welcome to the FISD from Hobart Tasmania. I have an E11 and love it, even though we can't troop with it. Good luck with your build and again welcome to the greatest detachment in the Legion.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TK20187 said:

Welcome to the FISD from Hobart Tasmania. I have an E11 and love it, even though we can't troop with it. Good luck with your build and again welcome to the greatest detachment in the Legion.

How come you can't troop with it?

• Like 1

How come you can't troop with it?
The gun laws became extremely tight here in Tassie after the Port Arthur Massacre. We could potential troop with them, but the red tape and paperwork make it very difficult. It's not all bad though, one less thing to worry about when trooping.

1 minute ago, TK20187 said:

The gun laws became extremely tight here in Tassie after the Port Arthur Massacre. We could potential troop with them, but the red tape and paperwork make it very difficult. It's not all bad though, one less thing to worry about when trooping.

Ah yeah. Bummer sometimes. 

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard from the west, rules still pretty easy going here, I've trooped with both but find the E-11 is easier to troop with, apart from the weight difference the DLT is hard to move around when people are close, just lifting it up to hold for a shooting pose can take a younglings eye out if you aren't careful. You can hold the E-11 close to your chest and even if you get a little tired holding it you can rest it and your hands against your belt. I've used my DLT twice for troops and now it's just on display gathering dust, next to my T21 ;) 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Hello and welcome aboard from the west, rules still pretty easy going here, I've trooped with both but find the E-11 is easier to troop with, apart from the weight difference the DLT is hard to move around when people are close, just lifting it up to hold for a shooting pose can take a younglings eye out if you aren't careful. You can hold the E-11 close to your chest and even if you get a little tired holding it you can rest it and your hands against your belt. I've used my DLT twice for troops and now it's just on display gathering dust, next to my T21 ;) 

Thanks for the info. Might stick with the E-11 for now then.

• Like 2

Welcome aboard from Brisbane QLD.
E11 is the weapon of choice among TK’s but the DLT is a sweet carry too.
Good luck on your journey, the Souther Cross garrison will look after you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Mark, welcome to FISD , It's always nice to see a new trooper is coming soon. Good luck finishing your armor build and hope to see your TK ID soon.

Cheers  :salute:

Hi from Melbourne

My advice is two-fold.

Don’t let the blaster (or lack thereof) hold up your basic approval. It’s not required and you can add it later.

Secondly, if it’s an either/or situation go for the E-11. As you’re wearing a holster you can easily stow it, unlike the DLT which you’ll need to lug all troop. Also, consider where you’re going to be trooping. I can’t speak for NSW, but in VIC many of the public places are becoming weaponless troops - further to that IIRC hospital and the likes of Ronald McDonald House are weaponless as well.

Indoor troops vary, but space is generally limited, and a large weapon (and backpack if you’re doing a HWT, Magma or Sandy) becomes uncomfortably unwieldy (think of a packed Oz Comicon or SupaNova venue). We’re also finding our booth space is being limited more and more down here, and at the last Con we pretty much told troopers to stow all gear, including weapons they couldn’t carry, in their cars.

HTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have both an E-11 and a DLT-19- I love them both.  They're both hyperfirms.  I actually only use the E-11 for my TK (and occasionally my Gunner), and the DLT-19 for my Shadow Scout.  For me. the E-11 feels more natural to the TK, the DLT-19 heavy hitter for the Spec Ops. 

The E-11 is lighter and smaller, obviously, and can be stowed in a holster if needed (though I never do- either it's a weapons okay troop and I'm carrying it, or it's a no weapons troop and it's in the bin.  Basically the holster is for looks and storage).  The DLT-19 can be a good prop to lean on in those long troops.  It's harder to pose with, as it's just bigger, and until you get used to it, and it can hard not to whack people with it (whom you can't see, because of TK sight limitations).  You do get used to it, though.

As previously said, blasters are not required for basic approval, so grab that basic!  Then add your chosen weapon.

Personally, I like the look of the E-11 with the TK, it feels quintessential for the quintessential faceless, nameless henchman TKs are.  But in the end it's up to you.  

• Like 2