Stromtrooper's Anovos TK Build

Stromtrooper

Bought this kit last year, got the trimming and a bit of gluing done last fall, but finally got some time this summer to work on it. Most of the trimming, gluing etc. went pretty well. I initially wanted to use the bracket system, but unfortunately missed the key part about not trimming the torso with a wider return edge than the cut lines on the Anovos armour. Instead, I decided to use the snaps instead. Here are a few progress pics from the last couple of weeks. 

Ku4jVpe.jpg

Arms. Just need some trimming for proper fit. 

3uaZURi.jpg

Using poppers for the back. 

bD19KKh.jpg

Shins rear cover strips 

BYpaWSq.jpg

Front section awaiting straps

AZBguvB.jpg

Sniper knee done and lines up pretty well 
Edited by Stromtrooper
  • Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard. with imgur once you upload your images you can select copy and paste directly into your forum post, sometimes that doesn't work on mobile then use the "direct link"

Coming along nicely, just watch sharp edges, noting worse than armor bites while trooping.

Ku4jVpe.jpg

• Like 1

Part 2 of my work completed during summer holidays. 

meFRtj6.jpg

Shoulder bell strapping done. Popper seen was replace today as it was useless that low for connecting to bicep

JyFBvv8.jpg

Sniper knee, just need to paint rivet

PNO0AVf.jpg

Strapping glued, and loop was measured and sewed for attaching to my waist belt

l8gOhvd.jpg

Back view. I am 6' 0" tall, so will probably have a decent gap between the kidney and back

MTwMf0Z.jpg

Front

CM0iWSi.jpg

Big gap for now. Carrying a bit extra weight as I always do during the summer holidays.  I made multiple size straps to fit as I get back to normal weight, so should be able to get it to a zero gap in a couple months. 

jpE195U.jpg

Other side and cod. I made an error putting the snaps too close together, and had to use 12mm dark snaps instead of 15mm silver. Easily remedied as I just made up some ABS paste. I'll fill the hole and make it right with silver 15mm snaps. 

hUblJaa.jpg

Belt came together nicely. The new ANOVOS belt kit is really easy to build. Hopefully the canvas is better than the old ones  and holds up. If not, I'll reinforce it by inserting some plastic between the canvas. 

emhJR4N.jpg

Trimmed the teeth. No before pic, but the openings were tiny between the teeth and oval. Just have to paint the frown now. 

Up next will be fitting and adjustments. Waiting on calf velcro glue to finish setting properly. I hope using the Anovos supplied stuff works. I added E6000, so hope it holds. If not, I'll buy some industrial stuff locally and redo it. 

My only snag this week was gluing the hand guards I ordered from Trooper Bay to the gloves. Tried E6000 with a 24hour cure, and they didn't hold. I'll have to read some posts and find out what type of glue would be better to use. 

Fantastic job Brien, nice work :jc_doublethumbup:

If I had any suggestions, in the areas that have excessive gap between sections (shoulder bells to shoulder covers and back plate to kidney when arms are raised), or overlapping sections (posterior to kidney) I highly recommend you replace any elastic with nylon webbing and/or at minimum shorten the length.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Fantastic job Brien, nice work :jc_doublethumbup:

If I had any suggestions, in the areas that have excessive gap between sections (shoulder bells to shoulder covers and back plate to kidney when arms are raised), or overlapping sections (posterior to kidney) I highly recommend you replace any elastic with nylon webbing and/or at minimum shorten the length.  

I have fairly big shoulders, so I will try to heat them to get a better fit. As for the gap on the sides, need to lose a bit of weight and it should close up better. 

• Like 1