Tread Speeder

gmrhodes13

Tread Speeder, at last something we can ride 

C5ownRq.jpgS0GaTYn.jpg

As seen at celebration

PVJWHTD.jpg

• Like 2

These guys were lucky enough to get access to all the specs and files to build this beast from the studio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stefan posted on the legion boards if anyone had info on the riders, I would have thought he'd ask LFL since they obviously gave him references of the speeder ;) 

Nice to see some EPVIII Stormies getting a ride though :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

So when does the build begin, Glen?  I have 50 bucks that says you will have one of these by next year...  ;)

I'll just borrow the LCO's ;) 

• Like 1

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

tread1.jpg

tread2.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Appears FISD may get another version of FOTK after all, tread speeder rider has a few differences from a standard FOTK

yhoJVtw.jpg

f2nO4UD.jpg5hWhwF0.png

• Like 1

Different thighs, shins, knee plates, boots, boot covers, forearms and handplate color is different in some images. 

• Like 1

To be perfectly honest, this may well go to ACD.  Thank you maninthesuitcase (Chris) for bringing this to my attention.

In their mission statement it does say the words "in control of a vehicle" so if we want it, we will have a fight on our hands.

Not sure how I feel about this TK variant. I kind of like it in some of the figures and kind of don't. I think it's a question of the white and black areas balancing out well. It will be interesting to see what it looks like on screen!

A bit of background on this trooper.

The bikes were built as practical driving vehicles for stunts. Parts of the cat-tracks were very prone to falling off.

Armour was standard FOTK above the waist with white canvas like material trousers. The forearms and biceps were simply part painted black.

The shins and knees were all bench built. 

The boots worn by the stunt team were a style of Alpine Star motorbike boots with everything stuck on top to hide the fact.

Would this be practical for a parade vehicle? Or for the stunts did they use a back support that was removed via movie magic? 

As with Han’s speeder in SOLO, Rey’s speeder in TFA and the Pasaana skiffs in TROS it had wheels which were removed digitally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think the answer of which det goes to will be interesting. If it's just an FOTK on a vehicle, it's still just an FOTK.  There has to be some material difference between the CRL we have and that character to even warrant a new CRL, let alone a variation of one.

• Like 2