Ukswrath hearing assist-how are others installing it?

Looks good! Your mic panel looks a lot cleaner than mine; I had problems getting the ANOVOS-cut ears to sit flush with the inner panels inside; they way too thin. So I just cut and trimmed the panels until they fit... Still not flush so I got some new trooper bay ones, cut and painted, just waiting for my paint jobs to dry, then drill the mic holes and remount.

FHW3vn0.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fishgoh0nk said:

Looks good! Your mic panel looks a lot cleaner than mine; I had problems getting the ANOVOS-cut ears to sit flush with the inner panels inside; they way too thin. So I just cut and trimmed the panels until they fit... Still not flush so I got some new trooper bay ones, cut and painted, just waiting for my paint jobs to dry, then drill the mic holes and remount.

FHW3vn0.jpg

Having a step trimmed out helps ears to sit flusher

cap ear fit.png

DSCN1845_zps34284857.jpg

DSCN1846_zpsae23eaaf.jpg027.jpg

Great tutorial here

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Having a step trimmed out helps ears to sit flusher

cap ear fit.png

DSCN1845_zps34284857.jpg

DSCN1846_zpsae23eaaf.jpg027.jpg

Great tutorial here

Ahead of 'ya! I couldn't do that to the ANOVOS bucket ones, they were already too thin, any thinner and I can't fit the hearing assist mics into the ears.

But for the new trooper bay ones, I took that into account

mDNAIFn.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good! Your mic panel looks a lot cleaner than mine

Thanks! Your design was the inspiration for mine, so thank YOU for starting me on the path

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Thanks! Your design was the inspiration for mine, so thank YOU for starting me on the path emoji106.png

Glad to hear it was an inspiration, keep up the great work 

• Like 2

On 6/23/2021 at 11:15 PM, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Hi again Tony,
Have you ever tried mounting the mics inside your hovi tips? Could your hovi tip speakers work in reverse as poor man's mics?
Thanks,
Rich

Somehow I missed this. Simply put no, though about it many times. You want to experiment ;) ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bluetooth transmitter turned up today.
Works perfectly. Far better than having wires to deal with when putting my helmet on.
Here's the link to the transmitter and receiver cable for my in ears monitors.

KZ APTX HD Lossless Transmission CSR8675 Bluetooth Module 5.0 Wireless Upgrade Cable Detachable Cord (B PIN) https://www.amazon.<abbr title="Commanding Officer">co</abbr>.uk/dp/B07RP8PM8P/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_5FAHG5EZMADBEXQKYDED

TROND Bluetooth V5.0 Transmitter Receiver, 2-in-1 Wireless 3.5mm Audio Adapter, AptX Low Latency, Smart Codec Indicator, 2 Devices Simultaneously, for TV, Home Sound System https://www.amazon.<abbr title="Commanding Officer">co</abbr>.uk/dp/B01K8ANDCI/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_5S1Q87KFJE79YT1MBX70?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

9fb90b8a9327c2f78f752aa920c09490.jpg

Opinions after using my Bluetooth setup for a while around the house...

No pairing or connection issues.

Microphones (ive positioned behind the ears) pick up the signal from the Bluetooth transmitter if its too close; to a lesser extent so do the mic wires. You hear this as a kind of data interference. Making sure the Bluetooth transmitter is away from the mics and cables removes all but the occasional barely audible burst. In a quiet house you can hear the burst, but on a troop I don't think you'd hear it. For me putting the Bluetooth transmitter between the hovi tips works best, but depending on your setup and wiring you'd have to experiment. Once I moved the Bluetooth transmitter the audio is clear.

I'm also running a fan system (Troopacoola with remote control) from a separate Anker USB powerbank, and have no noticeable interference or problems with that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 10:07 AM, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Bluetooth transmitter turned up today.
Works perfectly. Far better than having wires to deal with when putting my helmet on.
Here's the link to the transmitter and receiver cable for my in ears monitors.

KZ APTX HD Lossless Transmission CSR8675 Bluetooth Module 5.0 Wireless Upgrade Cable Detachable Cord (B PIN) https://www.amazon.<abbr title="Commanding Officer">co</abbr>.uk/dp/B07RP8PM8P/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_5FAHG5EZMADBEXQKYDED

TROND Bluetooth V5.0 Transmitter Receiver, 2-in-1 Wireless 3.5mm Audio Adapter, AptX Low Latency, Smart Codec Indicator, 2 Devices Simultaneously, for TV, Home Sound System https://www.amazon.<abbr title="Commanding Officer">co</abbr>.uk/dp/B01K8ANDCI/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_5S1Q87KFJE79YT1MBX70?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

9fb90b8a9327c2f78f752aa920c09490.jpg

How is the delay using this Bluetooth transmitter and your earbuds?  I tried a similar setup and there was a very noticeable one.

• Like 1

Now I've used it on a couple of troops there is a delay, but it's only noticeable on my own voice; when others are talking I didn't even realise. You notice it for a few minutes, but then I just kinda forgot about it. Its a small thing to me for the convenience of going wireless.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 12:08 AM, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Now I've used it on a couple of troops there is a delay, but it's only noticeable on my own voice; when others are talking I didn't even realise. You notice it for a few minutes, but then I just kinda forgot about it. Its a small thing to me for the convenience of going wireless.

I had the same issue a few years ago. I think I demoed 1/2 a dozen bluetooth devices, all had the same result. Like you said it's not a huge deal once you get used to it. 

• Like 1