Ukswrath hearing assist-how are others installing it?

The hacked apart Sony headphones I put in those pads have worked flawlessly for me since install. I'm about to do another set in my wife's TIE bucket.

The isolated mics in the ears work amazingly well too. No squeaks or annoying noise. Just some wind noise if it happens to blow right in the holes.

• Like 2

On 6/4/2022 at 11:54 AM, Kam_den_Vox said:

Had my event last night. I'm definitely going to have to go with wired ear buds. The delay on my voice while trying to talk to the people around me was extremely annoying. It even made me second guess what I was saying. lol

And I may eventually want to move the mics to my helmet. I could hear every movement and squeak of my armor. I have another troop next week, but a break after that. So I'll work on moving those after that event.

Not to further hijack the thread, but are you coming to the armor party on the 18th?

I could bring my ANH-S TK bucket for you to look at.  I’ve got @ukswrath’s hearing assist, speakers, and fans in it, with no problems.

On 6/5/2022 at 6:52 PM, Wompet said:

Not to further hijack the thread, but are you coming to the armor party on the 18th?

I could bring my ANH-S TK bucket for you to look at.  I’ve got @ukswrath’s hearing assist, speakers, and fans in it, with no problems.

I’m not. I have tech rehearsal out our Shakespeare festival all day. I will be at the Bisons if you’re going to be there. I can take a peak then. And if you’re not, I only live just over the bridge from you.

Edited by Kam_den_Vox

• 3 months later...

Hi there.

Need assistance!

Not sure if this is the right section for posting.  I am looking for a good solution to mount the icomm and other UKSWraith electronics. 

For the icomm, I used velcro to mount to the side bucket  For the other (SHA, and voice) electronics, can be mounted with painters tape, masking?

Thanks in advance. Any pics as I am better at visual.

All of mine is velcro mounted. My inner bucket is basically lined with loop side (soft) velcro. My electronics mostly have hook side stuck on. The industrial Velcro brand with the stick on liner from amazon is my choice.

Painter's tape would get free inside the helmet. Sweat would make a mess of it.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 4:29 PM, JediMax said:

Hi there.

Need assistance!

Not sure if this is the right section for posting.  I am looking for a good solution to mount the icomm and other UKSWraith electronics. 

For the icomm, I used velcro to mount to the side bucket  For the other (SHA, and voice) electronics, can be mounted with painters tape, masking?

Thanks in advance. Any pics as I am better at visual.

Velcro or tape will work though 3M industrial velcro seems to work best. Tape tends to pull off when there's too much humidity. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...