Tall stormtroopers

Hi

Does anyone know who does armour that would fit someone 6ft 3, I have the sds battle spec version 2, even tho I am quite pleased with it , it's not designed for someone my height because theres  a big gap between the 2  back piece's, I say it would be ideal for someone about 6ft and I have spent quite abut off time trying to adapt it

Thanks Darren

I am 190 cm (so 6’3”) and have a Troopermaster kit with the XL shins.

I have no gap in the back as you can see in my Centurion thread.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44243-tk-24269-requesting-anh-stund-centurion-status-tm-381/

I do have the cod pulled up as far as I can though and I straightened the top of the back slightly in hot water to allow it to slide down a bit further and still sit tight.

• Like 4

Even if you get non-TM armor, you will want to get larger shins either from RT or TM. I'm 6'0" and definitely can't use "stock" shins.

RT-Mod. It was made to suit larger troopers, and can be found on the vetted makers list

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have an AM kit and love how it fits. I’m 6’4” 230lbs and there’s minor areas that I’m not ever going to be 100% satisfactory, but when you make it yourself, you know every inch of your armor and are constantly critical. The guys at AM are extremely helpful and their customer service is great! They are proud of their product.

I will forever recommend AM and RT-Mod/RT-Panda- for basically everyone.  But, they are also especially suited for taller and/or larger troopers.  I have AM.  I'm 5'11'' and it was great for me, and could easily do someone taller, or shorter.  Good thickness and quality, too.  

• Like 1

Since you're in England I'd strongly recommend RWA Creations.  I know a number of taller European troopers who love their RWA armor.  Ross is located out of the Isle of Wight and has "Big Boy" armor for taller troopers.  His kits look fantastic.  Since you'd be shipping inside the UK, his prices are fantastic.  Great guy.  Been very helpful to me in my build and I don't even own his armor.  You'll find a number of RWA builds going on in the WIP forums.   He's also got a you-tube channel for how-to-build.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/rwacreations/

PM me and I can send you a link to his pricing. 

Edited by Bullseye
  • Like 2

On 8/10/2019 at 4:47 AM, Blaster fodder said:

Ok thanks, I will have to invest in 1 off those, the stormtroopers in the film's must have been abut vertically challenged

stormtroopers are five foot nine inches tall.  the extras in the OT were taller, which is why their armour fit poorly. AM, TM, RT-MOD are enlarged for bigger and taller troopers.  

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 7:35 PM, Bullseye said:

Since you're in England I'd strongly recommend RWA Creations.  I know a number of taller European troopers who love their RWA armor.  Ross is located out of the Isle of Wight and has "Big Boy" armor for taller troopers.  His kits look fantastic.  Since you'd be shipping inside the UK, his prices are fantastic.  Great guy.  Been very helpful to me in my build and I don't even own his armor.  You'll find a number of RWA builds going on in the WIP forums.   He's also got a you-tube channel for how-to-build.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/rwacreations/

PM me and I can send you a link to his pricing. 

What Dave said, contact RWA :duim:

For the Mods - This might be a good thread to pin. I remember trying to figure out what armor would fit me at 6’3” and having trouble finding a link to a list with this kind of specific info for the lanky TK. 

Just a thought.