4 Years Later... First Build - Anovos TK (WIP)

Four years after purchasing my TK Armor from the initial Anovos run, I am finally starting my build. This will be my first trooper build of any kind. After researching many threads here, I have tamed my OCD enough to begin. I created a physical binder of @ukswrath build/tutorial that I am following along with. Having been an RPF member for some years now, I am happy to see the community over here on FISD is just as good (if not better) and full of experienced members assisting each other and noobs like myself. I'm not shooting for the moon here, especially with this being my first armor build, so hoping for entry level approval at the minimum.

Height - 6'-2"

Weight - 200lb

Build - Average/Square

Any feedback and/or assistance from you awesome members is greatly appreciated!

NOTE: I have test fit the forearm with my under armor on.

Step 1 - Forearm fitment (trimmed to Anovos scored lines or slightly more. I still have to remove more material on the front to get closer to that 15mm width for the cover strip.)

1a - Is this TOO much room at my wrist?

rjCgfgF9uAVeAWokWbnS8k8g_Nmmhdvz14s4ktsd

1b - The Upper Front Side and Upper Back Side is tight/on the verge of pinching skin. Looks like I will be adding a small shim at the back...

Yee2hfpAyDS7o7xgCoyShbSZRVPdseYGsvBk1NVj

cd2vzbcQ2xrkxNFLdkjj7efA9nhQ6TH-UXkw9BGW

1c - So I'll most likely be shimming the back, maybe bring wrist in some?, but as you can see there's a decent gap as-is already at my elbow when relaxed at my side...

MwI8IqSRQIjY6c-ro_2BSsnKN5cQl2AvvJZbuDf1

So far with the few test fits I've done, my body is kind of annoying me right now. It seems like my appendages are JUST over the standard trim/score lines on these pieces...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6ZCVjx3eaTvXLLqX8

Edited by SpeedRacerx
Photos
  • Like 1

Hi Justin, welcome to FISD.  glad you're starting your tk build.  As I could see you are using google Photos, maybe this tutorial can be usefull to post your photos, so the other troopers can give you some feedback.

Cheers

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Justin, welcome to FISD.  glad you're starting your tk build.  As I could see you are using google Photos, maybe this tutorial can be usefull to post your photos, so the other troopers can give you some feedback.

Cheers

Corrected my post. Thanks for the tip!

Hi, I should suggest to wear your inner suit when testing your armor parts. abuot the return edge, as you can see in the reference photo, theres no return edge in the forearms , this bring you a better fit .

---------  

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 1

As Mario mentioned, you can trim away the return edge - that will give you extra room.  Keep in mind that the coverstrip does not need to be 15mm  You can make it a bit thicker if need be for the size of your arms.  You are larger than the 5'10" 160lb actors used in the original movies - so wider coverstrips will easily look proportional on you. 

Good luck with the build!

• Like 2

As Mario mentioned, you can trim away the return edge - that will give you extra room.  Keep in mind that the coverstrip does not need to be 15mm  You can make it a bit thicker if need be for the size of your arms.  You are larger than the 5'10" 160lb actors used in the original movies - so wider coverstrips will easily look proportional on you. 

Good luck with the build!
Remember Greg the anovos has pre cut cover strips. So no way of making them larger.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Hey Justin and welcome to FISD:salute:

As to the wrist end of the forearm my advise would be to make it as snug as possible, just barely getting your hand through. At the elbow I would start by removing all return on the inner half and then remove gradually from the outer if needs be:)

i11Rm7x.png

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, SpeedRacerx said:

LOL. I wasn't quite sure about that either, but I was afraid of being a dumba$$ and missing something so I took his word for it. I'm still the noob here.

Yeah, ignore me. I don’t know Anovos from my a$$. 

• Like 1

Good news everyone! I beat my OCD down enough to just start gluing already.

NOTE- I took your advise and I now have very little return edge at the upper end of forearms.

Question about when to shim and when to not- Is ANY gap allowed at the back? (UNDER the cover strip obviously). As in- the only way seen would be maybe from a top view or with the forearm armor off.

For example- Say the literal difference between pinching to comfortable is only this much of a gap. Is it worth adding a shim? Note my wrist is fine, its literally only a tad too tight at the literal top of the forearm. If there's enough material for the E6000 to grab the cover strip and if I make the back cover strip cover the full length, is this a problem?

J-PYTfxmh1hYlxJcD2Oc-_KQNeDNCd7n3LKnGf4h

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mikidymac said:

Hello Justin. I am 6'3" and 200lbs with the Anovos kit also. You should be able to make it fit so let me know if you need any pictures.

Awesome! Thanks so much! I appreciate it. There's many projects going on currently, both house and hobby. I hope to make some more progress this week.

Well the backside of the forearms are currently beating me (and my motivation) down. I did the "one side at a time" method for the cover strips. The front cover strips went OK(ish). But the backside. The BACKSIDE and the dang weirda$$ curvature did not hold great. I had a helluva time clamping and holding these back cover strips in place and against the curvature of the forearm sides.

Here are some pics of my regress. Not sure what to do at the moment. Maybe move on to the biceps and try to erase this from my memory for the time being?

wz2s_3gYF81b1sHpPl3Ou-i191BF3FeewusRyG2Q

JC7ayE7_7yV60uaLa-URzxxjACn1ezDwEjK0-_ew

IM0Hloew33VzT5jSBcLNNRB3bIuVa_2Exut9Oo4y

3 hours ago, SpeedRacerx said:

Here are some pics of my regress. Not sure what to do at the moment. Maybe move on to the biceps and try to erase this from my memory for the time being?

Hi Justin, I had exactly the same issue.

What I did, may be it can help you, I used some wood pieces to extend the pressure over the cover strips, and qhere the wood and clamps did no reach especially de center, I used some magnets.

I have take some pictures so you can figure out what I'am talking about. Remember to give the E6000 enough time to get dry.

tOfkwUFIZTyExUNBrRHn-rRb-piqpj5bqU1JgUa4

wP2_BNKYXNooG2p-2jcrUkRLMFl3AqmDR2YkVgn-

ppN7p9eUceEeCbe8FD622v8QYmm6xxYSxIhSfqSz

wbU68VjptzJuzU-GDoo3mJDErvdVlvCramC72x1A

Cheers

• Like 1

The way to glue the forearms (or any parts that has curves) is to glue them first. The top side of the forearms have a flat ridge that makes them a lot easier to glue the strips on, so glue the backs first and let them set of a good 48 hours if using E6000 and you will find the joints will bond much better.

Thanks guys. The pictures I showed above were after about 24 hours. I like the use of some wood spacers for more pressure. I also used magnets in those "dip" areas of the back side, but I don't think the magnets were enough.

As I will most likely be tearing off the back cover strip, what "cleaner/remover" is most recommended when doing so? (I haven't been investigating REMOVING the E6000 yet)

1 hour ago, SpeedRacerx said:

As I will most likely be tearing off the back cover strip, what "cleaner/remover" is most recommended when doing so? (I haven't been investigating REMOVING the E6000 yet)

I'm not as expert as many people here but in my experience what I have done was just Hot water and rubbing hard with a cloth. It worked for me more than any chemical.  

regards

• Like 1