TDurden's Build

tdurden

Was able to acquire an Anovos set and, since there's no way to replace SNAFUs, am a little bit nervous with this build. Manbehindthemask is currently assisting with this build and is doing a lot of the heavy-lifting. Also, as stated in my welcome post, I am 6'1" and my armor is designed for up to 6'... a little nervous about undertaking this project so the help is much needed.

I've spent way too much money on an ANH and a RO Vader builds so, if I try to spend a lot on this one, my wife will probably leave me.

Since I've done almost no research at this point, my list is short:

Armor : Anovos

Boots : Caboots

Right now, Ryan and I are trimming the armor to size and I ordered my boots from Caboots because they're the ones that made my Vader boots and they are awesome - I have problems with my feet and standing for long periods... I am able to troop in my Vader boots without pain and without my prescribed insoles.

Other than that, I'll add to my list as I go along.

Thanks for reading and for any help or suggestions you have for me.

• Like 2

Sounds like you got a good start already Don. Good luck on the build and remember to ask questions if you have them.

• Like 1

You'll wonder what the worry was all about once your done, good luck and looking forward to the progress.

• Like 2

You will kill it Don, there is nothing to worry about, we have all been down the same road and are here to help where we can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yup like Andrew and Glen said we've all been there. I'm getting ready to start on #2 probably next week.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi Don, welcome to the "first build little nervous people club".  All of us were that way even when looking at the big brown box. :D

Enjoy and feel free to ask whatever you want. 

Welcome to FISD and  Good luck with your build. ! :salute:

• Like 1

Welcome, Don!  I would suggest starting a build thread,  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/ that way you can ask all the questions you need to and post up lots of photos... (we LOVE photos)!  Can you post a pic of the (TK) Caboots?  I would like to check them out.  Thanks!!

• Like 1

Welcome, Don!  I would suggest starting a build thread,  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/ that way you can ask all the questions you need to and post up lots of photos... (we LOVE photos)!  Can you post a pic of the (TK) Caboots?  I would like to check them out.  Thanks!!
Hey Joseph I will be using CaBoots for my new build and just happen to have a ready to go photo.77607ea8da22422504de62a686d127ef.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rat said:

Hey Joseph I will be using CaBoots for my new build and just happen to have a ready to go photo.77607ea8da22422504de62a686d127ef.jpg

Looking forward to these... the Vader boots are incredible.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Probably going to be a slow build but have some progress to share:

After trimming various parts, the biceps are now glued:

STBiceps.jpg

And the Thermal Detonator is completed:

STThermalDet01.jpg

STThermalDet02.jpg

Probably going to keep this at level 1 depending on how much upgrades are... I have a lot invested in two Vaders and wanted a cheaper, and less stressful, build.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 10:54 PM, tdurden said:

Probably going to keep this at level 1 depending on how much upgrades are... I have a lot invested in two Vaders and wanted a cheaper, and less stressful, build.

I have a feeling we can get to level 2

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

If I could make one suggestion, Don, it would be to add some reinforcements in the areas shown in blue below.  The Anovos chest pieces have quite a history of developing cracks there, so if you add them now you can avoid the repairs later.  

The easiest way to do it is to use some scrap ABS strips (at least 1/4 inch wide), cut them into curves to follow the contour and attach them with E-6000.  If you do this, be sure to use one continuous strip in each area to avoid any weak spots.

519iK5D.jpg?1

• Like 2

2 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

If I could make one suggestion, Don, it would be to add some reinforcements in the areas shown in blue below.  The Anovos chest pieces have quite a history of developing cracks there, so if you add them now you can avoid the repairs later.  

The easiest way to do it is to use some scrap ABS strips (at least 1/4 inch wide), cut them into curves to follow the contour and attach them with E-6000.  If you do this, be sure to use one continuous strip in each area to avoid any weak spots.

519iK5D.jpg?1

Awesome! Thank you for this!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Don, great work on your armor mate. 

Everything is looking good. Just one thing I notice about your ab - kidney rivets, it looks like you have placed the kidney rivets a little low and that's why the armor pieces looks missaligned. 

The following photo may cleared what I'm trying to say. 

301855705_images(21).jpeg.e9a9ec5b56e36df90e479dca62cff37d.jpeg

Hope this can help. Keep on doing this great job, you're almost done. 

Cheers

• Like 1

You certainly made great progress. The side rivets are only a minor set back. Simply reposition them as per the info and diagram Joseph has supplied.

ABS paste is easy to make and does sand back and polish up very well.

You got this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Don, great work on your armor mate. 

Everything is looking good. Just one thing I notice about your ab - kidney rivets, it looks like you have placed the kidney rivets a little low and that's why the armor pieces looks missaligned. 

The following photo may cleared what I'm trying to say. 

301855705_images(21).jpeg.e9a9ec5b56e36df90e479dca62cff37d.jpeg

Hope this can help. Keep on doing this great job, you're almost done. 

Cheers

The kidney plate looks off because we flattened a return edge - when we started the build, I was around 230 lbs. and we thought that we were going to need shims. I'm down to 195 now and don't need the shims :D

I think that the flattening is causing them to look misaligned but, with having to lengthen the front of my torso too because of my height, the back would be hanging way too low. When building, we (mostly I) were worried about gaps and wanted to address that first.

As for the unneeded shims - I should've lost the weight before the build.

Thank you for the feedback and I'll discuss with Ryan (he's the real brains of the operation)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, tdurden said:

The kidney plate looks off because we flattened a return edge - when we started the build, I was around 230 lbs. and we thought that we were going to need shims. I'm down to 195 now and don't need the shims 

Wow Congratulations Don, this is your real succes, the armor is just an adjustment, I'm sure you're going to acomplish as I can see you are a goal achiever. 

Congrats to your friend Rayan too for a great help. :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Cheers

Edited by TKSpartan
  • Like 2