size questions

Okay I'm about 6' and 175lbs. What armor would fit me best? I thought about just buying some FX armor and modding it, but would it be too fat on me? If so should I just keep saving up for another suit?

Also I'm all for accuracy, but not necessarily perfectly screen accurate. I'm leaning towards maybe just getting a MR bucket to fix up a wee bit because it's symmetrical(which I like), but still pretty accurate. I don't want to go too cheap though... This seems to be my best solution to the helmet problem, but what do you all think?

One last thing... Do you guys think there will be more sets up on ebay after Halloween? I mainly just want to have my armor completed around December.

Please PM me if you have any sources or links that would help me in my white armor endeavor. Thanks!

I agree that a TE2 or an AP would fit you great, but an FX can be worked to your size as well. Also get what set you like the best. If your heart is set on one set and you get another because it's a little cheaper, you'll probably kick yourself for it in the long run. As for an ebay rush after Halloween, it probably won't happen.

But remember a set takes serious time to assemble. Depending on how much time and care you put into it, you may not be able to get it finished in a month.

Alrighty... Thanks for the kind words :)

I know it takes lots of time... I'll have plenty of that (I just need to make sure I devote enough of it to getting this done, but I won't be doing it alone I'll have help... so that should balance it out). And I just wasn't sure if I could pick up an even cheaper set of FX after halloween since some people just seem to buy it for a halloween fix. The master replicas buckets look nice to me (especially for the price). I'd need to do some work on them, but like I said I'd prefer to keep the symmetrical look.

Anyways enough rambling... Would it be possible for you (or someone else) to PM me some contact info for TE2 or AP?(or both?) FX was only in the picture cause it's a bit cheaper, and I wasn't sure how inaccurate it was/how much modding it would take to make it look nice.

:Laser: (pew! pew!)

Dude, seriously, just go AP or TE2

You just WON'T regret it!! I'm at 6'3" 185lbs and AP fits just fine on me. I'm sure the fitting would be pretty much the same on TE2 .. I just never tried one!

Check out my pictures here:

-----------

Don't go FX as you will eventually want more. I can PM you the AP info only if you'll seriously consider it :P

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Bigturc said:

Dude, seriously, just go AP or TE2

You just WON'T regret it!! I'm at 6'3" 185lbs and AP fits just fine on me. I'm sure the fitting would be pretty much the same on TE2 .. I just never tried one!

Check out my pictures here:

------------

Don't go FX as you will eventually want more. I can PM you the AP info only if you'll seriously consider it :P

I would most definitally, seriously consider it :)... Please, please send away.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I'm your exact size and wear TE2. I had to shim only one shin & bicep and actually had to trim away plastic from the ab/kidney. You'll be perfectly fine with either TE2 or AP.

I've also worn FX. The older FX is better for talk folks - the newer suits have way too much open space in back for a tall guy IMHO.

FX is the least expensive but the prices have gone up so the difference isn't as much as it used to be.