Cutting the Small PVC 'Turned In' Edges on Stormtrooper ANH Armor

HI All!

I'm looking at 'something' that will either 'turn under', 'snip off evenly' or (Gawd Forbid) 'Cut' the 'Return Edging' on the Stormtrooper armor.

Each piece, including the Thighs, Ankles, Arm Pieces etc. on my Armor has a little 'about 1/4" ' turned-under section of PVC.   

Looking at each one 'long-wise' gives the illusion that the armor is 'thicker' to the Eye, (We know it isn't!)  I am looking for about an 'Idiot Proof' way to get ride of them, turn them under, etc. OR can you just leave them?  I'm really afraid of cutting these areas as my TK armor PVC is thick and even and I don't want to screw it up!

Can you help?   If you have pictures or links I'd really appreciate it!  Thank you!  - Nick

Having some pictures of what you are talking about would help. For all my trimming I use a rotary cutting tool, has swappable heads, I use a fine cutting disk and drum sandpaper roller. 

You need a steady hand with the cutting disk or drum sander

Image result for dremel quick change cuttingImage result for dremel drum sander

For getting straight edges I use blocks of wood with sandpaper stapled to them, some are straight, some with a curve. 

Image result for sandpaper block wood

Thanks!  I have both, just not a 'steady hand' and I'm afraid of burning in 'dents' and 'wavy edges'.    I found this photo.  I guess I'll have to do that.  :(  Do you know how much return-trim is allowed to be shown?  (I don't see anything on that particularly for approval! I really don't think there is!)   Thank you again!  - Nick 

Armor Trim.jpg