mlarsen's ANH TK Build (AP trimmed kit)

Working on feedback from my EIB for Centurion application.

Raised the brow a little,  I was able to just pull up the brow and it stayed in place.

HZuEVkW.jpg

Tightened the strapping on left and right sides.

UNgrm9b.jpg

zTH4XqH.jpg

Removed some return edge from the shoulder bells, maybe could do some more.

gtbhKPh.jpg

For the ab buttons I used the decals provided in the AP kit.  What have others done?  Ab button paint shall not extend beyond the bottom of the actual raised button.  I may remove them and paint by hand.

PLoOnRn.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mlarsen said:

For the ab buttons I used the decals provided in the AP kit.  What have others done?

Yikes.  I painted mine.  Wasn't that hard - way easier than the tube stripes. :)  

I used a drafting template for drawing circles and used a pencil to leave a heavy outline.  This helped keep the paint contained to the intended area when painting.  

7 hours ago, ABS80 said:

too small should be the size of decal provided

Hey Mark, not according to what was said in his EIB review. 

On 9/25/2019 at 4:02 PM, shashachu said:

Next, your ab button plate is *super* clean, but unfortunately will need to be adjusted for Centurion. The L3 CRL states:

Ab button paint shall not extend beyond the bottom of the actual raised button.

ZcWwHOhbp8i5_qsJ-1_O9hBUYuTYAWfzfZDjAWOyWxdJDxFNoi-mEJUzPwDWIKC39xK23uHjWOWyejxP1XEqzT_-jncT6HlbaqUv-vlOKYWwpFThd27RNro1vO55prp-xPWM02DZT6K8RTm9_Wkel3uPtzCH9K5WTC1Q2eAme31ohpy2TJwg7peugvNW9Ghi6tWdTZFEwHpDQ4TkBSuTvFLA4dFV4JmGxCQMYC4ry2eIVrJDLqvbMGV8mifjyWWbvuWFt05oa1OS2N_bREX-1u1FLKZnywuNqbunwfCRkCIM_yY74ANvXm5-roxYLx_1Pt5fXb1b4gmdPju8d8L95TNb0eWSWJNrd0BnWZH2xdw3gyS8l6QScBYbVcKL048ypk1tdILCTBXiM7Locd1gLt9tN0WIKHbgF7ngsSbY3EgJXBIdXmgoOo27_HmMOyJNf-iXLUGyWpc0wVsiMtaKZlcdA3ckT7LvEJ9x4_ARLZRs4xI9Dkhzy6Nc8caIguDxqsyJJFDx1AoWcXMb-XKjvAnVWkJbHcwCQE7e_s0ucEOPplJrrVaCfE6LKIHR9jxMoF6EDviwdfke0wOWOcnuQK2_Lb8Be4hxtNhoUdF2AyBY2qhg8x-6QUt_qEUqtti5VBzXSgyTbBVysNIvWKjYjZih_OX12_EKh1uoodT4IPOPB2NKdIbQ7av8O5PkAJTbi5JCnzsbW7OUrV2zqwZ3CW9zoQl_lEVzlhhIwkpvD55pswPr-w=w2342-h1560-no

Reference Image:

yEBrGOJob3nl6YF5uJegl-d2Msfq5sYNunQAR79d

If you take a look at the reference photo, the paint stops just short of the edge of the plastic button.

Matthew,  I would say they are a touch on the small side - too small for Centurion? - I don't know.  this is what I did: 

From my TK build:

for the buttons I traced a 7/16" circle on the button for guidance.  7/16 might be a little small, but 1/2" seemed a little large and these were the only sizes I had.

2dl9qqg.jpg

to get the template to sit flat on the button, I had to sacrifice one and cut it up. For the Empire...

w0l6MOD.jpg

I used a very small brush to do the outline of the buttons.

cMfJr1O.jpg

Coat one of the grey paint done.

KiBo00u.jpg

•  

Edited by wook1138
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, wook1138 said:

Hey Mark, not according to what was said in his EIB review. 

yes but those still look too small, not all were painted similar as long a you stay within the bump size your ok, your refference photos is one of the smaller ones but in general they are bigger

1jkv2TP.jpg

Rfibu8y.jpg

Rtt1hGs.jpg

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 1

Themaninthesuitcase is likely right. I had a chance to work with someone’s AP armour this weekend. They had the AP provided decals. No issue with the decals extending past the raised area. I think you might have been the victim of a misleading photo. 

Edited by wook1138

I agree, the AP decals don't go pass the raised button, I like the look of the decals much better.  I jumped the gun and removed them based on my EIB review.  Oh well maybe I can get another set of decals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mlarsen said:

I agree, the AP decals don't go pass the raised button, I like the look of the decals much better.  I jumped the gun and removed them based on my EIB review.  Oh well maybe I can get another set of decals.

In EIB/Centurion reviews suggestions are made but if you provide screen evidence to show different then you would be fine ;) 

6 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

In EIB/Centurion reviews suggestions are made but if you provide screen evidence to show different then you would be fine ;) 

Got it thanks!

3 hours ago, mlarsen said:

I can send you a new set no problem ;)

Mark (AP) 

9 hours ago, mlarsen said:

I know Mark will look after you, but if needed I have a spare set I can pop in the mail for you.

• 8 months later...

My armor is showing some battle damage.  My TD clip is rubbing up against the armor.  I need to add more soft velcro to the metal clip to prevent further rubbing.

Any advice on how I can fix this?

M2Be5I0.jpg

• Like 1

Those marks seem a bit strange, are you sure it is from clips?

I glued soft side of Velcro on slips and back of holster screws which did the trick for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk