31-9 requesting pre-approval (ATA)

31-9

Hi,  I have some photos I'd like to submit for  pre-approval . Thanks.

1. Jayson Smith
2. Future Garrison : Garrison Excelsior
3. Armor maker : ATA Works
4. Helmet maker : ATA Works
5. Belt maker : self made
6. Neck Seal makes : self made
7. Boot maker : Clark painted by me
11. Height: 5'7"
12. Weight 190#
13. TK type : ANH Stunt

Photos shortly
LEIwvms.jpg

euso69K.jpg
EWAn3B7.jpg
ckkbhwO.jpg
EbD716g.jpg
0pz4IjY.jpg
Ab Detail
JZXipl9.jpg
Helmet Detail
Bomaqya.jpg?2
uwBmgk3.jpg?3
yz5VPBF.jpg?1
ejdz1P2.jpg?1
right side
HXLFx8Q.jpg?1
Left Side
GHozWEo.jpg?1
Edited by 31-9
Added Pictures

Nice work there, just a couple of things.

Just watch bunching with your undersuit, there a bulge coming out on your right side chest to arm gap.

Your boots look very grey compared to the armor, did you paint/dye yourself, if so I'd suggest going over with another coat.

Thigh cover strips should not go all the way to the bottom, should stop above the lower ridge, same on the back, stop above the lower ridge. 

TK_anh_stunt_thighs.jpeg

With the shins the coverstrips go all the way up on the shin fronts, but on the back they should stop below the top ridge.

Related image

Did you need the extra size on your cover strips for room? If not they are a little big.

You may want to try bringing up your ab plate a little more, would give you a bit more room at the top of the thighs, make it easier to move about. 

You trimmed the AB plate buttons a little too far, not sure if your GML will pick up on that.

KMY5cze.jpg

Holster looks very wrinkly, I would perhaps look for a stiffer one, again it's up to your GML.

Drop boxes should align with the end of the plastic belt, a dab of E6000 can stop them moving ;) 

You could take a little more out of the corners of the teeth

ANH_Trooper_Christies_09.JPG

I would try to clean up some of your tube stripes, tooth picks are great for getting rid of any excess, also ideally the correct fall is Back  ////////// Front, but again not an issue for basic approval

NOnMRqt.jpg

If you want to make your black stripes a little straighter you can go over them with a permanent black marker ;) 

You could also get rid of the extra fabric on the belt, they also normally go right side over left but not a biggy for base approval

Image result for stormtrooper belt overlap

Belt could come up a bit but again not a base requirement.

All in all nice work and good luck with approval.

• Like 1

Thanks. I realized as we were taking pictures that the cover strips were long. I did paint my own boots and am not happy with how they look, and have better paint already in stock. The thigh covers are wide so they match front and back( I have big legs from years of bike riding).

Drop boxes are were they belong I think I missed saying anything to my wife who took the pictures.

I have a spare set of ab buttons as I thought they might be a little thin on the sides.

Thanks so much for the input.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mworm1974 said:

Q might be able to advise better but should the number of tube strips match each side i.e.14 and 14?

They don’t need to match but shouldn’t deviate to the point that it’s obvious that there are more stripes on one side:salute:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mworm1974 said:

Q might be able to advise better but should the number of tube strips match each side i.e.14 and 14?

You can also have 9 to 16 per side, form the CRL:

Tube stripes are medium blue, numbering between 9 and 16 per side with the curve bends extending backwards

A little opinion for your right forearms , I think you can trim it a little more to make it looks fit better , although is not a mandatory for basic approval

I agree with the forearm  trimming. A lot of the parts are a little too long. I figured on leaving material as apposed to needing to add it back. I'll add it to my to do list. Thanks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 31-9 said:

I agree with the forearm  trimming. A lot of the parts are a little too long. I figured on leaving material as apposed to needing to add it back. I'll add it to my to do list. Thanks.

Best attitude, easier to trim off than to add back on. Many of us find once we start trooping that areas can catch, rub and cause "armor bits" but I'm sure you'll find that out in the not too distant future ;) 

• 2 years later...
20 hours ago, 31-9 said:

Approved in March of 2022!!!

Congratulations trooper and welcome to the ranks :salute: