TK-20273 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [Anovos] (942)

Name: Andre S

ID: TK 20273

FISD Forum Name: Tech12345

Garrison: Singapore

• Armor = Anovos
  • Helmet= Anovos
  • Blaster= Custom Resin Cast
  • Height = 5'11"
  • Boots = IB Boots
  • Canvas belt = Kittel
  • Hand Plates = JustJoseph latex handguards
  • Electronics= None
  • Neck Seal = Anovos
  • Holster = Anovos

Front – Arms at side

ewFOmD2.jpg

Back – Arms at side 

I2IefWo.jpg

Left – Arm raised 

B0BdRxr.jpgaK2y81E.jpg

Right – Arm raised

Bpg4bZz.jpg3bTPdvt.jpg

Right Side Detail – Arm raised

VR8yo9D.jpggESjW7I.jpg

Left Side Detail – Arm raised

OojzmFF.jpg 54hUiLe.jpg

Armour Details

Abdomen Details

RxfT8gB.jpg?1

Action Shot 

g2Hez0j.jpg iZIvSX3.jpg udvhyis.jpg

Action Shots with Blaster

aHt6TvV.jpguIvpZUe.jpgQedxtOl.jpgCSobvYZ.jpgTgEripP.jpgPnjFBJD.jpg

Cod and Butt Plate Attachment 

Cod Attachment

ZFbssmN.jpg

Butt Plate Attachment

9ab2wqt.jpg

Inner butt plate attachment

aJJcgyK.jpg

Inner Cod Plate attachment - note that this is a split rivet as per CRL but put through an ABS plate for strenght and then covered with cloth for comfort. 

LR9UYo8.jpg

Interior Strapping Details - gold plate is only for ab/back alignment. It's and old ABS plate that I repurposed.. The side facing outward is black. 

pOrffj3.jpg?2

Interior Strapping Helmet Details

lsSrYA0.jpgA3Ouqku.jpg

Front

2Z5jIaP.jpg

Side 

Left

C7ve6vq.jpg

Right

T1JoKaj.jpg

Back

Qfqg9KJ.jpg

Hovi Tip Detail 

jgelC0X.jpg

Lens Color (Backlit if required)

s09hypZ.jpg fKEHo8J.jpg

Blaster Details

Gqr6YU8.jpg

S1c45VA.jpg

D Ring

dPnCTHM.jpg

Muzzle

M4HT7Wl.jpg

Real Hengstler with my TK #

FYXlnJN.jpg

Accessory Details

Neck Seal

xr1vNrI.jpg  TfNTEU2.jpg

Thermal Detonator - Front

ztW9pBR.jpg

Thermal Detonator – Back 

Trq7me0.jpg

Holster Attachment

JW9jilm.jpg?2 nSPGRbE.jpg?1

Close up of Sniper Plate Front and both sides. to see the Alignment

Front

gDlWLZu.jpg xYAUzb2.jpg

Left Side

V3hM9t8.jpg

Right Side

eqx9xZ9.jpg

XuDNHlk.jpg

2- Thigh Ammo strip rivets inside and out.

Inside

HkxqH8f.jpg j4QgVKu.jpg

Outside

ewBDFAd.jpg Pab69kL.jpg

3- Close picture front and back of shoulder bridge

STsrRdo.jpg 

xTakjos.jpg

Handler missed one elastic in this pic but fixed in later pics

Close up of Boots

QmDyPQD.jpg

Edited by Tech12345
Add missing pic

Hi Andre, glad to see another trooper going for highest levels.

I would like to suggest some more pictures I'm sure the D.O. will ask you for:

1- Close up of Sniper Plate Front and both sides. to see the Alignment

2- Thigh Ammo strip rivets inside and out.

3- Close picture front and back of shoulder bridge

4- Close up of Boots

As the CRL states:

• Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin.
  • Sniper knee plate must not have visible rivets or fasteners attaching it to the shin.

Thigh ammo belt is attached to thigh with a solid head rivet, painted white, in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge.

• The rivets used shall be single cap, double cap or split rivets. No pop rivets allowed.
  • Rivet should be approximately 5/16" (8mm) in diameter (exterior).
  • Shoulder straps
  • These shall be securely mounted in front and may free float in back. They may be affixed with rivets, Velcro, or adhesive.
  • The rear tab of the shoulder strap is optional and may or may not be present. 
  • No visible rivets are allowed.

• There is no seam present on the front of the boot.
  • Boots have a black sole

Good luck with your application trooper. :salute:

Great Andre, now a little bit patience will be necessary to the D.O team to review your application and give feedback.

Good luck Sr.  :jc_doublethumbup:

Edited by TKSpartan
word correction

NICE job on this Anovos kit, Andre!  You should have no major issues for Level 2, but for level 3 there are a few which the D.O.s will discuss with you.  While waiting on your application, I would suggest raising your ABS belt.

Reference images

1OBkTUM.jpg  ArOKkSg.jpg?1  f8U1YCc.jpg?1

I would also recommend posting up photos of your wrist openings and a close-up of the bottom ear screw of your helmet.  They will probably ask for these, and it should only take a few minutes.  All 3 screws on each ear should all be the countersunk flat headed slotted type.  For some reason Anovos uses the correct ones for the top two but not the bottom ones.

Reference images                                                                                 

akub830.jpg   OGkunXc.png?1      fYzAcKl.jpg?2  ay1Yrwz.jpg?2   glt0yYf.jpg?1

From a comfort and aesthetic standpoint, I would also suggest the following:

Trimming down that point at the top of your forearm will not only look better, but it will help keep it from snagging on your under-suit and poking into you.

Reference images

Aj09rBg.jpg                 8Ijlc8I.jpg?2   PrMxNsZ.jpg?1

You may want to think about cutting down the back of the thigh tops.  It will also keep those sharp points from snagging your under-suit as well as give you a little more mobility.  If they "click" when you walk you will know what I mean.

Reference images

9lAQtJe.jpg   lTx8OnJ.jpg?1   tH3mMat.jpg?1

See you Expert infantry soon!!

• Like 2

Thanks for the detailed feedback JustJoseph. I actually use your helmet screws and rivets so they're definitely movie authentic. :D I received the advice on the forearm top trim from TKSpartan when I posted a pre-approval check and will trim it. Thought to get all your expert feedback first then do all the fixes in one go. Will post pics once all the fixes are in soon :) 

One slight caution I have is the forearm opening trim. I do have a little bit of return edge showing still as I have long forearms so the gap between hand plate and wrist looks big. I re-sat the hand plate (also yours btw :)) and it looks a bit better (not too much black). My question is can I just file down the raised edge but leave the length or do I need to trim it back that 2mm so that there's absolutely no chance of a return edge? My worry is that I'm pretty close to looking weird with the wrist or elbow gap as in the before-after pics below. 

Before

PTXvAyI.jpg

After

BVefFUQ.jpg

PS Just realized that the pics look almost identical other than the hand plates.. lol. If you see the slight angle of the sniper knee you'll see they're diff pics take n on diff days, not moved hand plates in photoshop or something... :D  

Edited by Tech12345
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tech12345 said:

My question is can I just file down the raised edge but leave the length or do I need to trim it back that 2mm so that there's absolutely no chance of a return edge? My worry is that I'm pretty close to looking weird with the wrist or elbow gap as in the before-after pics below

Hi Andre, Just sand or trim just little the return edge, Don't cut back the forearm. What I did was jus sand it to leave no return edge.

Attached my forearms before and after, they have the same size but no return edge.

BEFORE SANDING

oVA71IPMvMQ4vwMC5Pn6rGG_EE87IvHw0s5w3cwD

AFTER SANDING ( didn't cut)

IkcFyO0V4mNBmPCJulA-zPwwZt6LjTFO3PdYay_1

hope this can help.

If good enough for centurion, that's good enough for me! Thank you for your answer. A little trim and some sanding so far, lets see what the DO adds, long weekend next week so perfect timing! 

• Like 1

Hi Andre

Nice work on your armor, however, we are unable to proceed with your application at this point in time due to the lack of a blaster. Having a blaster in optional for Basic 501st approval but it’s a mandatory item for Expert Infantry and Centurion. The CRL text is admittedly a bit vague but for higher levels all the items listed in either blue (EIB) or red (Centurion) must be present. It’s also an item clearly stated in the EIB photo checklist. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but maybe you can get a Hasbro toy blaster and convert it and still abide by local laws.

Regards Daniel

Thanks for letting me know. Are Shepperton blasters good enough for higher level approvals? In the meantime might I make a special request for all the costume fixes I'll need for EIB and Centurion please? So that I can get those done while waiting for my blaster and be able to submit the pics with fixes and blaster in one sitting. 

Pretty please with chocolate sprinkles on top. :)

Edited by Tech12345
  • Like 1

An SDS blaster would not be my first choice, (it's missing the charging handle and I'm not sure if it has a D-ring).  For the same money you could get one from Quest Design, which is a lot more realistic looking:  https://www.questdesigncanada.com/collections/frontpage/products/star-wars-stormtrooper-e-11-blaster-prop-replica-stormtrooper-v3

If you want to make it even more screen accurate, I would suggest one of Tino's E-11 finishing kits.  They are AWESOME!

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28444-fs-completion-sets-for-e-11-resin-kits-with-worldwide-tracked-shipping-and-paypal/

If you enjoy building things yourself you can also go with a resin Doopydoos kit.  Be advised that delivery may take a month or so, but they are awesome and can be customized like crazy.

https://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-complete-anh-e-11-blaster-kit-offer-2685-p.asp

• Like 2

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-20273 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status - On hold
On 8/6/2019 at 6:57 PM, Tech12345 said:

In the meantime might I make a special request for all the costume fixes I'll need for EIB and Centurion please?

I´m sorry but no, we don´t  do any pre-approval. As you wait for your blaster you do however have the time to go over the EIB and Centurion requirements in the CRL as well as going over the recently approved applications and compare to your suit, that way you should be up to snuff ones the review takes flight:salute:

On 8/6/2019 at 10:57 AM, Tech12345 said:

Are Shepperton blasters good enough for higher level approvals?

Hi, Another Blaster option could see Praetorian Blasters.  Excellent for trooping.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 1:26 AM, TKSpartan said:

Hi, Another Blaster option could see Praetorian Blasters.  Excellent for trooping.

Sadly the blaster shipment didn't make it. Was turned back by the post as a prohibited item. Sigh.. 

7 minutes ago, Tech12345 said:

Sadly the blaster shipment didn't make it. Was turned back by the post as a prohibited item. Sigh.. 

I'm so sorry mate, It's a shame you havr this kind of restrictions.

:(

I managed to buy a pretty sweet blaster from another trooper (unfinished so got some help completing it). It's got a real hengstler counter that's now displaying my TK# on it. :) Hope it's good enough for a review and perhaps approval. Eager to get to making the necessary corrections in preparation for Centurion. 

Thank you everyone for the advice and tips!

Edited by Tech12345
  • Like 2

On 9/14/2019 at 9:15 AM, Tech12345 said:

Hope it's good enough for a review and perhaps approval. Eager to get to making the necessary corrections in preparation for Centurion. 

What a great new Andre, good luck and see you soon in EIB an following Centurion!!  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-20273 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status
  • TheSwede changed the title to TK-20273 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [Anovos] Photos requested
  • 2 weeks later...

All requested photos have been uploaded. Thank you for your patience, I was away on biz travel. Hope I achieve EIB and am close to Centurion (things to fix are not impossible/massive/questionable to do like having to change the unseen interior strapping to movie accurate or something :p :D)

6 hours ago, Tech12345 said:

All requested photos have been uploaded. Thank you for your patience, I was away on biz travel. Hope I achieve EIB and am close to Centurion (things to fix are not impossible/massive/questionable to do like having to change the unseen interior strapping to movie accurate or something :p :D)

I’ll look it over but I have to say I didn’t get what you mean by questionable fixes, all EIB and Centurion applications are beeing reviewed using the CRL requirements for said level.