TK-14292 requesting TK Commander EIB Status [AFP] [929]

Hello everyone, here is my application for TKC EIB status, hope i have every pic needed!

Name: Rodrigo Cid Luna
Forum Name: Aizenoso
Legion ID: 14292
Garrison: Spanish Garrison

TKC build post: 

• Armor = AFP
  • Helmet= AFP
  • Blaster= Don't have one yet. 

• Height = 184 cm
  • Boots = Corsairs Kids
  • Cordura belt = Myself
  • Hand Plates = Don't remember.
  • Neck Seal = A friend's grandma.
  • Holster = AFP, but i don't use it.

Full image album here: 
    https://imgur.com/a/zq2IqJl (Some photos still uploading at the moment i write this)

Full body:

Front - Arms at side 

p0a3Ci1.jpg

Left - Arm raised 

nY03QqY.jpg

Right - Arm raised

TbyItIf.jpg
    Back - arms at side

CIK902h.jpg

Right Side Detail - Arm raised 

ksTaFLQ.jpg

Left Side Detail - Arm raised

5juShtE.jpg

Armor Details: -

- Abdomen detail

BWHNvLA.jpg

- Action Shot (as i don't have a blaster, I use the lightsaber)

VGDWuDU.jpg

- Ab/Kidney Attachment - Button Orientation

- Kidney plate attachment:

hXEF5ou.jpg

- Thermal detonator clips 

9a3XW37.jpgGZsNyli.jpg

Neckseal detail:

nVH5T3s.jpg

Helmet Details: 

rIaTMS6.jpg

BmKbtZZ.jpg

GdQu2Al.jpg

xjKlZI8.jpg

LPkr9Rj.jpg

If there is any photo missing, i am sorry for that, and i will post it as soon as i can! 

Overall a GREAT job on this TKC  armor, Aizenoso!  That paint job is truly spectacular, sir, but there are a few issues that I could suggest.  Some of these items may or may not affect level 2 approval, but are definitely things to consider for level 3 (which I hope you will be aiming for)!

1.  You shoulder bells are sticking out very wide.  Ideally they should lay (somewhat) flat against the biceps and probably should be trimmed down.

CRL photo

HnLiZst.jpg   0qEBKBO.jpg?1      

Reference images

J3sel3x.png   a8BE9Km.jpg?1WfwH1R3.jpg

2.  Your ears seem to be way too far forward at the bottoms.  The screws should line up with the angle of the rear trapezoid as shown, just as in ANH Stunt and Hero.

Reference image

F0lPtAj.jpg?1    0rpq6PT.jpg

3.  Since level 2 is optional, you will be required to have a weapon.  The light saber is fine, but it must adhere to the CRLs as follows, and you will need to post clear, close-up photos of it before the D.O.s can get started.

1XX 17.jpg Lightsaber
  • The hilt is Graflex style or has the characteristics of the Graflex, (reference Luke Skywalker's lightsaber from ANH and ESB). If the lightsaber has a blade, it may be one of the color blades used in the video game, The Force Unleashed. The choice of blade colors are: Black, Blue, Green, Gold, Purple, Red and Yellow.
  • Note: Double blades, small Yoda style lightsaber, or inexpensive non-FX Hasbro Lightsaber toys are not allowed. 

I have every confidence that you can do this, sir, and I look forward to welcoming you to the rank of Expert Infantry TKC!!

• Like 1

I forgot to add that the shoulder bells (as per the CRLs for level 2) should be more rounded at the corners.  An EASY fix with 5 minutes and a Dremel tool!

BJOxHsG.jpg?1

Alright! Hands on the work!

As my shoulder bells are formed as "canon" anh, I really feel like they won't just totally lay over the biceps piece.

Approximately, from the top to the cover or so, right?

I do actually feel like the ingame ear positions are a little awkward, but if you ask me for that, that's what I will do.

About the lightsaber, do you mean that I should post more pictures from the lightsaber or? bef49843ce05e7616936b7fb1d255584.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk

So, centering the left middle ear screw and, of course, trimming a little from the back piece, those are the positions for the ears?7b8e08f1fd4e0429f575599edfb722cb.jpg579c2501294cc118b5780c48837991af.jpg896eb279eacc755b7283b218adf28823.jpg9034fda1e29cfb577306c9d8f30be833.jpg

3 minutes ago, Aizenoso said:

Alright! Hands on the work!

As my shoulder bells are formed as "canon" anh, I really feel like they won't just totally lay over the biceps piece.  You did the right thing by removing the bottom return edges, but it looks as if some trimming on the sides would really help.

scVy6Cg.jpg

Approximately, from the top to the cover or so, right? Yes.

I do actually feel like the ingame ear positions are a little awkward, but if you ask me for that, that's what I will do.  That was a suggestion, but remember that The Deployment Officer who does your review takes into consideration not only what is posted in the CRL, but also takes into account reference photos as well.

About the lightsaber, do you mean that I should post more pictures from the lightsaber or?   As the CRL states, it will need to closely match the one seen in the CRL, so they will need close-up photos.

WNJQXN5.jpg?1

3 minutes ago, Aizenoso said:

Alright, there is the lightsaber's photos.

It has been made handmade by myself on pvc pipes and I used all that I could use to make it look similar as the original one.

It has a white duel lightsaber blade, and a tri-cree with 2 white and 1 blue led.38c313e60c32f4cd2bdfa777be748514.jpg9813af3bbaef47e41bc2bb103b867403.jpg4c8499612e684af6aaadacc895aa9c0a.jpga84045836dfcb9739e2654eff9b62361.jpg6270349f5ba52ca7474c9f474761b674.jpg

Working on ears.

Are they ok now? Before i start the painting, i would like to know of they need any other modification 76625a28be19c3446ceab39c25353944.jpg03daa818c417de490a626342cd719025.jpg

Your belt is a little high at the back, also take not of the gap in the sides, it's quite big at the bottom, you may want to even this out so the sides match. 

011d084a75df35ba3c9115d15134e7d4.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Your belt is a little high at the back, also take not of the gap in the sides, it's quite big at the bottom, you may want to even this out so the sides match. 

Yeah, that's right, i will try to make another with the belt on a better position.

The problem is that, to make the kidney plate border straight, i had to trim some of the piece, and it ended like this...i don't know if maybe put a little of extension in the abdominal plate or whot. 

I will try to make tighter attachments, expecting to help with that.

Just now, TKSpartan said:

Hi, Your Shoulder bells looks great! :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks you!! Yeah, much better now :) i'm not a built-in wardrobe as we say in spain to call someone really big xD

46 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Well, as i tried to push it lower, it's pretty impossible, it always move. 

I do have some butt, which makes the piece be inclinated and, the natural move from the belt is to move up.

Any idea? some velcro to keep it in place or something? 

40 minutes ago, Aizenoso said:

Thanks you!! Yeah, much better now :) i'm not a built-in wardrobe as we say in spain to call someone really big xD

Grande como un  ropero diriamos en Costa Rica.  Ja ja Suerte !! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Aizenoso said:

Well, as i tried to push it lower, it's pretty impossible, it always move. 

I do have some butt, which makes the piece be inclinated and, the natural move from the belt is to move up.

Any idea? some velcro to keep it in place or something? 

Velcro may work but the issue is your kidney/butt is angled in (as is your back plate) and you have a triangle gap on the sides, these really needs to be straightened. You could put some padding behind the kidney plate, that would push it backwards but the downside is it would make a larger opening at the sides.

I'd probably stick with Velcro on the belt and then see what the DO's say about your side gaps. 

7 hours ago, msouza said:

Hola Aizenoso, gracias por tu solicitud para el BEI. Parece que Joseph ya te ha dado buenos consejos. ¡Estaré contigo en breve!

¡¡Maravilloso!! Muchas gracias!

Oh, by the way, there is a change I have been told that I could maybe do for a better looking helmet.

The blue strip has been moved a little to be in the corner of the eye.

Edited post for paint update :)

b443b9ed9b75ccf56dc09199e72a45c5.jpg

Edited by Aizenoso
  • Like 1